Museveni storms out of meeting

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
President Museveni on Monday night lost his cool and stormed out of an NRM caucus meeting called to break a stalemate over the budget after he was reportedly challenged by legislators over the government’s failure to fix the health sector.

The presidential ‘protest’ in a manner usually preferred by the political opposition in Parliament, was reportedly provoked by heckling from MPs after he allegedly swore “never to sacrifice the defence budget for anything”.

His dramatic behaviour was still not enough to stop MPs from refusing the government’s request for the national budget to be passed for the third time in as many days yesterday.

Ruling party members, who requested not to be quoted in order to speak freely, accused the President of being insensitive to the health needs of Ugandans, while others described his storming out of the meeting as “an act of blackmail … bearing the hallmarks of a dictator”.

“When we went to State House for the caucus meeting, they forced us to wash our hands, why do you fear to die and you want others to die? " said one MP

“I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. The President said that he couldn’t sacrifice the defence budget for anything and members started heckling him,” a member said, adding, “This was an insult to our people who are dying because of a sick healthcare system. We heckled him and he got very angry. We were talking to him directly without fear.”

Another member said: “He stormed out because the room was getting very hot for him and I seemed to understand because the anger that was evident on his face wouldn’t have been good for all of us.”

Typical hallmarks of a dictator hidding in the shadow of neo democracy. He has been runnin the president office for as long as i can remember. If he doesnt push for real reforms he could see himself pushed out in the same way as Gadafi et al. Tanzania and the rest of EA need to stop supporting this mad head, the statement that he wouldnt budge for the sake of defense budget shows how ignorant good for nothing his regime is to the people of uganda.

Jeshi ndilo lililomuingiza madarakani, hiyo anajihami jeshi liseje likamtoa. Kama ilivyo andikwa 'rule by the gun, die by the gun'

Back
Top Bottom