Mudavadi asks PM to quit with Kibaki

ByaseL

JF-Expert Member
Nov 22, 2007
D
“President Kibaki is supposed to retire according to the Constitution and since we are in a coalition government, the two principals should retire together in solidarity for Kenyans to have a fresh start,” Mr Mudavadi said in Nakuru.

Mr Mudavadi was speaking during his first presidential campaign rally since he left ODM to join the United Democratic Front (UDF) on whose ticket he intends to vie for the top seat.

He said the mood in the country was for the two principals to leave together.

President Kibaki is serving his last term and recently pledged to oversee a peaceful transition to a new leader after the General Election scheduled for March 4, 2013.

Mr Odinga, on the other hand, has launched his third bid for the presidency and opinion polls rank him as the man to beat at the ballot.

Mr Mudavai says he quit ODM after the party machinery denied him an opportunity to contest for the party’s ticket against Mr Odinga.

The ODM constitution says the party leader is its automatic presidential candidate, but the party last month gave notice to review the clause.

It was a bit surprising for me, for a man of his calliber to leave the "ministirial" post he had, for the presidential race. Now, i wonder what my leaders here in Tanzania would do for a fight in a cause they believe in. However by him stating the mood of the country is for the two principals to leave together, he means it is not only "siasa" the race for the presidential bid is certainly on.

By the way i believe it is Dr. Raila Amolo Odinga, honored with a honorary Phd from Florida A & M University.

True he reads mood, quits his post, urges Raila to quite with Kibaki. What did you expect? Mudavadi is an offspring of crowy ODM party politics. His school of thought is no different from what he has learned while at ODM. Nothing new!! Politicians in action at what they do best.

Back
Top Bottom