Mitt Romney and Tanzania

johnshao1

May 8, 2009
Mitt Romney victory speech in New Hampshire and its relevance to Tanzania

[Read carefully for relevance to our own situation]

1/10/12 8:49 PM EST
From http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71302.html

MittRomney: Thank you, New Hampshire! Tonight, we made history!
This state has always been aspecial place for our family. Ann and I made a home here and we’ve filled itwith great memories of our children and grandchildren. And this Granite Statemoment is one we will always remember.

Tonight, we celebrate. Tomorrow,we go back to work.
We remember when Barack Obamacame to New Hampshire four years ago.
He promised to bring peopletogether.
He promised to change the brokensystem in Washington.
He promised to improve our nation.

Those were the days of loftypromises made by a hopeful candidate. Today, we are faced with thedisappointing record of a failed President. The last three years have held alot of change, but they haven’t offered much hope.

The middle class has been crushed.Nearly 24 million of our fellow Americans are still out of work, struggling tofind work, or have just stopped looking. The median income has dropped 10% infour years. Soldiers returning from the front lines are waiting in unemploymentlines. Our debt is too high and our opportunities too few.

And this President wakes up everymorning, looks out across America and is proud to announce, “It could beworse.”
It could be worse? Is that whatit means to be an American? It could be worse?
Of course not.

What defines us as Americans isour unwavering conviction that we know it must be better.
That conviction guides ourcampaign. It has rallied millions of Americans in every corner of this countryto our cause.

Over the last six months, I’velistened to anxious voices in town meetings and visited with students andsoldiers. In break rooms and living rooms, I’ve heard stories of familiesgetting by on less, of carefully planned retirements now replaced by jobs atminimum wage. But even now, amidst the worst economy since the GreatDepression, I’ve rarely heard a refrain of hopelessness.

Americans know that our future isbrighter and better than these troubled times. We still believe in the hope,the promise, and the dream of America. We still believe in that shining city ona hill.
We know that the future of thiscountry is better than 8 or 9% unemployment.
It is better than $15 trillion indebt.
It is better than the misguidedpolicies and broken promises of the last three years – and the failedleadership of one man.

The President has run out ofideas. Now, he’s running out of excuses. And tonight, we are asking the goodpeople of South Carolina to join the citizens of New Hampshire and make 2012the year he runs out of time.

President Obama wants to put freeenterprise on trial. In the last few days, we have seen some desperateRepublicans join forces with him. This is such a mistake for our Party and forour nation. This country already has a leader who divides us with the bitterpolitics of envy. We must offer an alternative vision. I stand ready to lead usdown a different path, where we are lifted up by our desire to succeed, notdragged down by a resentment of success. In these difficult times, we cannotabandon the core values that define us as unique — We are One Nation, UnderGod.

Make no mistake, in thiscampaign, I will offer the American ideals of economic freedom a clear andunapologetic defense.
Our campaign is about more thanreplacing a President; it is about saving the soul of America. This election isa choice between two very different destinies.
President Obama wants to“fundamentally transform” America. We want to restore America to the foundingprinciples that made this country great.
He wants to turn America into aEuropean-style entitlement society. We want to ensure that we remain a free andprosperous land of opportunity.

This President takes hisinspiration from the capitals of Europe; we look to the cities and small townsof America.
This President puts his faith ingovernment. We put our faith in the American people.
He is making the federalgovernment bigger, burdensome, and bloated. I will make it simpler, smaller,and smarter.
He raised the national debt. Iwill cut, cap, and balance the budget.
He enacted job-killingregulations; I’ll eliminate them.
He lost our AAA credit rating;I’ll restore it.
He passed Obamacare; I’ll repealit.

When it comes to the economy, myhighest priority as President will be worrying about your job, not saving myown.
Internationally, President Obamahas adopted an appeasement strategy. He believes America’s role as leader inthe world is a thing of the past. I believe a strong America must – and will –lead the future.
He doesn’t see the need foroverwhelming American military superiority. I will insist on a military sopowerful no one would think of challenging it.
He chastises friends like Israel;I’ll stand with our friends.
He apologizes for America; I willnever apologize for the greatest nation in the history of the Earth.
Our plans protect freedom andopportunity, and our blueprint is the Constitution of the United States.

The path I lay out is not onepaved with ever increasing government checks and cradle-to-grave assurancesthat government will always be the solution. If this election is a bidding warfor who can promise more benefits, then I’m not your President. You have thatPresident today.
But if you want to make thiselection about restoring American greatness, then I hope you will join us.

If you believe thedisappointments of the last few years are a detour, not our destiny, then I amasking for your vote.
I’m asking each of you toremember how special it is to be an American.
I want you to remember what itwas like to be hopeful and excited about the future, not to dread each newheadline.

I want you to remember when youspent more time dreaming about where to send your kids to college thanwondering how to make it to the next paycheck.
I want you to remember when youweren’t afraid to look at your retirement savings or the price at the pump.

I want you to remember when ourWhite House reflected the best of who we are, not the worst of what Europe hasbecome.
That America is still out there.We still believe in that America.

We still believe in the Americathat is a land of opportunity and a beacon of freedom. We believe in theAmerica that challenges each of us to be better and bigger than ourselves.
This election, let’s fight forthe America we love. We believe in America.
Thank you. God bless you. And Godbless the United States of America.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71302_Page2.html#ixzz1jDgOAdHS

Mitt anashidwa na Obama kwasababu huwezi kusema mambo yalikuwa sana wakati Obama anachukua. Recession ilikuwa deep, Bank zilikuwa zinafilisika, Makampuni ya magari yalikuwa yanafilisika!! na yote yameanza wakati wa Bush. Mitt alisema kampuni za Magari ziachwe zife na kuna kazi zaidi ya 3,000,000 kwenye magari kuanzia kampuni za spare, dealerships, viwanda vya kuunganisha magari n.k. Nyumba za watu wakati Obama anaingia zilishuka thamani kwa 40%. Kuanzia wakati huo uchumi unarudi Obama alitoa pesa kuhakikisha kampuni za magari hazifi, Riba ya bank sasa ni 5% kwa mwaka, mwaka jana tu kuna kazi zaidi ya 2,000,000 zimepatikana wakati ambao kazi za serikali zimepungua kwa 600,000. Ukweli ni kwamba Obama kafanya mengi sana na Wa,erekani hawatamtupa. Tanzania haifanani hata kidogo na USA kwani serikali bado kubwa sijasikia watu wamepunguzwa kazi hata wakati wa recession, viwanda vimeachwa kufa na hatuna hata umeme wa uhakika. Tanzania Riba ni zaidi ya 15% kwa mwaka Inflation ni zaidi ya 10% wakati USA ni 2%. Bei ya mafuta ni $3.00 kwa lita 3.7 sasa hapa marekani imekuwa kuishi ni nafuu kuliko Tanzania.

This state has always been aspecial place for our family. Ann and I made a home here and we've filled itwith great memories of our children and grandchildren. And this Granite Statemoment is one we will always remember.

Those were the days of loftypromises made by a hopeful candidate. Today, we are faced with thedisappointing record of a failed President. The last three years have held alot of change, but they haven't offered much hope.

The middle class has been crushed.Nearly 24 million of our fellow Americans are still out of work, struggling tofind work, or have just stopped looking. The median income has dropped 10% infour years. Soldiers returning from the front lines are waiting in unemploymentlines. Our debt is too high and our opportunities too few.

And this President wakes up everymorning, looks out across America and is proud to announce, "It could beworse."
Of course not.

What defines us as Americans isour unwavering conviction that we know it must be better.
That conviction guides ourcampaign. It has rallied millions of Americans in every corner of this countryto our cause.

Over the last six months, I'velistened to anxious voices in town meetings and visited with students andsoldiers. In break rooms and living rooms, I've heard stories of familiesgetting by on less, of carefully planned retirements now replaced by jobs atminimum wage. But even now, amidst the worst economy since the GreatDepression, I've rarely heard a refrain of hopelessness.

Americans know that our future isbrighter and better than these troubled times. We still believe in the hope,the promise, and the dream of America. We still believe in that shining city ona hill.
It is better than the misguidedpolicies and broken promises of the last three years – and the failedleadership of one man.

The President has run out ofideas. Now, he's running out of excuses. And tonight, we are asking the goodpeople of South Carolina to join the citizens of New Hampshire and make 2012the year he runs out of time.

President Obama wants to put freeenterprise on trial. In the last few days, we have seen some desperateRepublicans join forces with him. This is such a mistake for our Party and forour nation. This country already has a leader who divides us with the bitterpolitics of envy. We must offer an alternative vision. I stand ready to lead usdown a different path, where we are lifted up by our desire to succeed, notdragged down by a resentment of success. In these difficult times, we cannotabandon the core values that define us as unique - We are One Nation, UnderGod.

Make no mistake, in thiscampaign, I will offer the American ideals of economic freedom a clear andunapologetic defense.
Our campaign is about more thanreplacing a President; it is about saving the soul of America. This election isa choice between two very different destinies.
President Obama wants to"fundamentally transform" America. We want to restore America to the foundingprinciples that made this country great.
He wants to turn America into aEuropean-style entitlement society. We want to ensure that we remain a free andprosperous land of opportunity.

This President takes hisinspiration from the capitals of Europe; we look to the cities and small townsof America.
This President puts his faith ingovernment. We put our faith in the American people.
He is making the federalgovernment bigger, burdensome, and bloated. I will make it simpler, smaller,and smarter.
He enacted job-killingregulations; I'll eliminate them.
He lost our AAA credit rating;I'll restore it.
He passed Obamacare; I'll repealit.

When it comes to the economy, myhighest priority as President will be worrying about your job, not saving myown.
Internationally, President Obamahas adopted an appeasement strategy. He believes America's role as leader inthe world is a thing of the past. I believe a strong America must – and will –lead the future.
He doesn't see the need foroverwhelming American military superiority. I will insist on a military sopowerful no one would think of challenging it.
He chastises friends like Israel;I'll stand with our friends.
He apologizes for America; I willnever apologize for the greatest nation in the history of the Earth.
Our plans protect freedom andopportunity, and our blueprint is the Constitution of the United States.

The path I lay out is not onepaved with ever increasing government checks and cradle-to-grave assurancesthat government will always be the solution. If this election is a bidding warfor who can promise more benefits, then I'm not your President. You have thatPresident today.
But if you want to make thiselection about restoring American greatness, then I hope you will join us.

If you believe thedisappointments of the last few years are a detour, not our destiny, then I amasking for your vote.
I'm asking each of you toremember how special it is to be an American.
I want you to remember what itwas like to be hopeful and excited about the future, not to dread each newheadline.

I want you to remember when youspent more time dreaming about where to send your kids to college thanwondering how to make it to the next paycheck.
I want you to remember when youweren't afraid to look at your retirement savings or the price at the pump.

I want you to remember when ourWhite House reflected the best of who we are, not the worst of what Europe hasbecome.

We still believe in the Americathat is a land of opportunity and a beacon of freedom. We believe in theAmerica that challenges each of us to be better and bigger than ourselves.
This election, let's fight forthe America we love. We believe in America.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/71302_Page2.html#ixzz1jDgOAdHS

Mkuu, Siasa ni uongo Unaokubalika hakuna kiongozi mwenye silaha mkononi wala mwenye uwezo wa kubashiri kesho ila wanatoa mwanga na kujenga HOPE.. Na kinachotazamwa ni POLICIES yaani sera hivyo usipende kusoma sana siasa za Majitaka, bali tazama hizo sera zake zitaweza kweli kuibadilisha US kiuchumi ktk dunia ya leo ambayo Mchina anajenga marafiki zaidi wa kibiashara wakati wao wanajenga Maadui?.

This state has always been aspecial place for our family. Ann and I made a home here and we’ve filled itwith great memories of our children and grandchildren. And this Granite Statemoment is one we will always remember.

Those were the days of loftypromises made by a hopeful candidate. Today, we are faced with thedisappointing record of a failed President. The last three years have held alot of change, but they haven’t offered much hope.

And this President wakes up everymorning, looks out across America and is proud to announce, “It could beworse.”
Of course not.

Over the last six months, I’velistened to anxious voices in town meetings and visited with students andsoldiers. In break rooms and living rooms, I’ve heard stories of familiesgetting by on less, of carefully planned retirements now replaced by jobs atminimum wage. But even now, amidst the worst economy since the GreatDepression, I’ve rarely heard a refrain of hopelessness.

The President has run out ofideas. Now, he’s running out of excuses. And tonight, we are asking the goodpeople of South Carolina to join the citizens of New Hampshire and make 2012the year he runs out of time.

President Obama wants to put freeenterprise on trial. In the last few days, we have seen some desperateRepublicans join forces with him. This is such a mistake for our Party and forour nation. This country already has a leader who divides us with the bitterpolitics of envy. We must offer an alternative vision. I stand ready to lead usdown a different path, where we are lifted up by our desire to succeed, notdragged down by a resentment of success. In these difficult times, we cannotabandon the core values that define us as unique — We are One Nation, UnderGod.

President Obama wants to“fundamentally transform” America. We want to restore America to the foundingprinciples that made this country great.

He enacted job-killingregulations; I’ll eliminate them.
He lost our AAA credit rating;I’ll restore it.
He passed Obamacare; I’ll repealit.

Internationally, President Obamahas adopted an appeasement strategy. He believes America’s role as leader inthe world is a thing of the past. I believe a strong America must – and will –lead the future.
He doesn’t see the need foroverwhelming American military superiority. I will insist on a military sopowerful no one would think of challenging it.
He chastises friends like Israel;I’ll stand with our friends.

The path I lay out is not onepaved with ever increasing government checks and cradle-to-grave assurancesthat government will always be the solution. If this election is a bidding warfor who can promise more benefits, then I’m not your President. You have thatPresident today.

I’m asking each of you toremember how special it is to be an American.

I want you to remember when youweren’t afraid to look at your retirement savings or the price at the pump.

This election, let’s fight forthe America we love. We believe in America.

Rais wetu atakuwa kiongozi wa kwanza wa kiafrika kumtembelea. Tujivunie nini jamani? Jey Kei anaandika historia

JOhnshao, sijaona uhusiano, hebu nichambulie kidogo:juggle:

Kumbe si mara zote marekani wanafanya siasa tofauti na bongo.
Hapa sijaona kitu chochote cha tofauti anachonadi Mitt Romney zaidi ya kumshambulia Obama.

Mambo ya Mr. Misosi, nitoke vipi!

Back
Top Bottom