Masters degree thesis writing : Which is the best option?

Kibada

Apr 5, 2012
Which one is the best option to students who are about to start writing master’s thesis? Giving them a research title or let them suggest research title?

let them suggest research title , and you can correct some of them
Thank you foryour constructive comment, It is a growing concern that most of masters degreestudents are finding it difficult to come out with a research title. As youhave suggested, supervisors should correct the titles rather than suggestingtitles for students. Any suggestions to help them in finding a research title?

Thank you foryour constructive comment, It is a growing concern that most of masters degreestudents are finding it difficult to come out with a research title. As youhave suggested, supervisors should correct the titles rather than suggestingtitles for students. Any suggestions to help them in finding a research title?
Read widely in the area of interest so as to identify the knowledge gap.This task seems to be the most difficult area among the tasks in proposal and dissertation writing.

Area identification first, then a topic, and thereafter a question (general and specific). Or to answer the following questions what, why and how. Title comes later.

Which one is the best option to students who are about to start writing master's thesis? Giving them a research title or let them suggest research title?

None of the above! Let them identify a relevant research area and find a suitable research title. Research must have a new component, otherwise it is a garbage.

I had this problem when I was doing my Master six years ago, I came up with my research title and concept note I submitted it to my supervisor and it looked likehe was not interested in the area of research I chose so he suggested another topic, though I was not happy with the topic I wanted to earn my MSc so I agreed, but frankly it was very difficult to put ideas together, then I gave up and request for a new supervisor who we went had similar interest so I finished my Msc! Problem is not only to students but to their supervisors ( actually I hate this term, I prefer them called ADVISORS) as well! However, as others have suggested the best way is for students themselves to come up with their well research topic for Msc thesis/dessitation write up!

Kuna haya maneno:.............is my own original work..........

Mimi nadhani haya yana mantiki kubwa sana!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom