Da Dona
JF-Expert Member
- Dec 16, 2025
- 827
- 527
Residents of Kigeyi Village in Malongo Sub-county, Lwengo District, are living in fear following the arrest of a 35-year-old man accused of killing people and allegedly consuming parts of their bodies.
The suspect, identified as Kasakyi Muzafar, was arrested in neighbouring Sembabule District after residents reportedly discovered human remains in bushes around Kigeyi.
The discovery was made last week when residents found a human hand and a skull. A subsequent search of the area reportedly uncovered more bones, some of which residents said appeared to have been cooked, with flesh removed.
The findings sparked fears that the remains could be linked to multiple killings and alleged cannibalism.
Kasakyi reportedly fled to Lwebitakuli in Sembabule after learning that residents were searching for him. He was later arrested and handed over to authorities in Lwengo.
During questioning, Kasakyi reportedly confessed to killing people and allegedly led investigators to locations where he claimed some of the killings occurred.
He reportedly told investigators that one of the alleged victims was a woman he had brought home intending to marry before deciding to kill her. He also reportedly named another alleged victim identified as David.
Kasakyi allegedly expressed remorse, saying he was ashamed of his actions and asking for forgiveness.
Police also arrested his two children, who reportedly told investigators that their father regularly brought people home before allegedly killing them and cutting off their heads.
The allegations have prompted residents to demand a wider investigation to establish the identities of the recovered remains and determine whether there are additional victims.
Lwengo District Chairman Kizito Abas attributed the incident to substance abuse, particularly among young people, and called for stronger community efforts to address drug abuse and violent crime.
Lwengo District Police Commander Cheben Rodgers appealed to residents to remain calm as investigations continue, saying police would establish the facts and take appropriate action.
Police are examining the recovered remains and investigating the circumstances surrounding the alleged killings. Kasakyi is expected to be taken to court on murder-related charges once investigations are completed.
Nile post UG
The suspect, identified as Kasakyi Muzafar, was arrested in neighbouring Sembabule District after residents reportedly discovered human remains in bushes around Kigeyi.
The discovery was made last week when residents found a human hand and a skull. A subsequent search of the area reportedly uncovered more bones, some of which residents said appeared to have been cooked, with flesh removed.
The findings sparked fears that the remains could be linked to multiple killings and alleged cannibalism.
Kasakyi reportedly fled to Lwebitakuli in Sembabule after learning that residents were searching for him. He was later arrested and handed over to authorities in Lwengo.
During questioning, Kasakyi reportedly confessed to killing people and allegedly led investigators to locations where he claimed some of the killings occurred.
He reportedly told investigators that one of the alleged victims was a woman he had brought home intending to marry before deciding to kill her. He also reportedly named another alleged victim identified as David.
Kasakyi allegedly expressed remorse, saying he was ashamed of his actions and asking for forgiveness.
Police also arrested his two children, who reportedly told investigators that their father regularly brought people home before allegedly killing them and cutting off their heads.
The allegations have prompted residents to demand a wider investigation to establish the identities of the recovered remains and determine whether there are additional victims.
Lwengo District Chairman Kizito Abas attributed the incident to substance abuse, particularly among young people, and called for stronger community efforts to address drug abuse and violent crime.
Lwengo District Police Commander Cheben Rodgers appealed to residents to remain calm as investigations continue, saying police would establish the facts and take appropriate action.
Police are examining the recovered remains and investigating the circumstances surrounding the alleged killings. Kasakyi is expected to be taken to court on murder-related charges once investigations are completed.
Nile post UG