Kibaki revokes Ministers' Suspension

Nyaralego,

The way things are going on now in Kenya, i dont know how to define the term
Kenyans. Is Kibaki and his gang of thieves, is Raila and his supporters or is it the
common mwanachi who has no sey in the goings-on of the country.

Just an aside: you cannot claim that you are working to get better with a runaway
bandit in Statehouse surrounded by a posse of blood thirsty thieves like Uhuru
Kenyatta determining Kenya's direction. True, he is a cowardly runaway bandit.

Dont you think its an oxymoron to take Kenyans through death and destruction
just because other countries have been though that before achieving a better
standard of living? This is a question for Kibaki and his peoples.

ABT...Greetings and well wishes to you
By working for a better Kenya and tomorrow, i meant all other Kenyans apart from the Mount Kenya Mafia and their sycophants...Especially 'langaish' Mps who have no msimamo. Politics has made them such 'langas" they only run where the money and kickbacks are. All of them are 2 faced, but thena gain that should not come as a surprise. Kibaki is trying to buy the face of the Kalenjin. But what Ruto should know is that the devil (read Kibaki and his cronies) has no free gifts.
He will use the Kaleos to keep PNU in power and once that is done the bloodshed that will follow will make PEV of 07-08 look like child play.

I fear to imagine the outbreak of another ethnic cleansing, it will be far much worse than what we have seen, experienced so far.

Believe me, I do not advocate for violence, mayhem and murder of civilians based on tribal lines.
If you remember after the violence, those perpetratos, the master minds retreated and the people who have suffered are the IDP's. Kenyan citizens should not have short memories. What we need to have are reminders of the violence at every corner of the country. This should hopefully act as a deterrent for any repeat perfomance. (Just like they have in Rwanda)

p/s
Rumour has it that Ruto is a done deal...He is clutching at straws. You know he is headed for the Hague, they are just trying to postpone the inevitable.

But I can see some sense of 'rule of law' in Kibaki's statement in justifying the revoking of ministers' sacking by Raila. Was Raila unaware of the limitations of his authority? Why did he ignore the 'consultation' element of the Reconciliation Accord, or is he playing Tom-and-Jerry' with the president? I commend the gentle manner in which the president handled the issue, I wouldn't be surprised if he sacked Raila for insubordination.

Mtu B,

Greetings to you and maximum respect

Please go and familiarise yourself with the provisions of the GCG/NARA that I have posted in another thread for clarity. Raila did not fire anybody but simply suspended them so that investigations could start within their respective Ministries. Raila is also not crazy to call a press conference and do what he did without consulting Kibaki. You best believe that he did and Kibaki turned around and denied as has been the case in many times before.He is known to do that especially after his tribal cabal advises him to recant because Raila will get all the credit.

For your information Kibaki cannot fire Raila for whatever reason as you try to postulate in your comments for they are equal partners in that so called Coalition Govt.

Shukran.

Mtu B,

Greetings to you and maximum respect

Please go and familiarise yourself with the provisions of the GCG/NARA that I have posted in another thread for clarity. Raila did not fire anybody but simply suspended them so that investigations could start within their respective Ministries. Raila is also not crazy to call a press conference and do what he did without consulting Kibaki. You best believe that he did and Kibaki turned around and denied as has been the case in many times before.He is known to do that especially after his tribal cabal advises him to recant because Raila will get all the credit.

For your information Kibaki cannot fire Raila for whatever reason as you try to postulate in your comments for they are equal partners in that so called Coalition Govt.

Shukran.

i usually disagree with you but you are spot on right on this one.

raila simply suspended ministers, it is a vital thing to do for investigations to commence. it is common knowledge that you cannot be a supervisor if you do not have some discilinary powers or else you will be a barking dog that cannot bite. now wether he consulted kibaki or not, that is a trivial issue compared to the fact that there was an act of corruption in govt which led to people starving and dying while food was available.

as a kenyan, i will support anyone that will fight corruption in the governemnt.

is it a coincidence that when mr githongo revealed the corruption in government, kibaki was more intrested by the fact that githongo broke the law by recording the ministers than being intrested by the fact that the ministers were fleecing the country billions of dollars!!!!!

kibaki lacks the capability to lead. raila is by no means perfect but for the first time in kenyas history, corruption was exposed in a report and less than a week later disciplinary action was taken by a government leader. in other words, a kenyan government leader DID HIS JOB by making a hard descision. I WILL SUPPORT THAT ANY DAY and worry about formal procedures later.

I HATE CORRUPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant say that loudly enough

i usually disagree with you but you are spot on right on this one.

raila simply suspended ministers, it is a vital thing to do for investigations to commence. it is common knowledge that you cannot be a supervisor if you do not have some discilinary powers or else you will be a barking dog that cannot bite. now wether he consulted kibaki or not, that is a trivial issue compared to the fact that there was an act of corruption in govt which led to people starving and dying while food was available.

as a kenyan, i will support anyone that will fight corruption in the governemnt.

is it a coincidence that when mr githongo revealed the corruption in government, kibaki was more intrested by the fact that githongo broke the law by recording the ministers than being intrested by the fact that the ministers were fleecing the country billions of dollars!!!!!

kibaki lacks the capability to lead. raila is by no means perfect but for the first time in kenyas history, corruption was exposed in a report and less than a week later disciplinary action was taken by a government leader. in other words, a kenyan government leader DID HIS JOB by making a hard descision. I WILL SUPPORT THAT ANY DAY and worry about formal procedures later.

I HATE CORRUPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant say that loudly enough

Wewe ni wetu bro.

Corruption cripples everything that a nation can stand for especially when it is
done in a brazen manner that reeks of impunity. The sad thing is that it happens
all over Africa by leaders who are left over from the Colonial regimes and there
proteges.

I pray for a day when African leaders will see the people they lead as their masters
and they need to serve them in fairness. Thats what leadership is about.

God bless Githongo and protect him wherever he is.

Have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom