Kenya's Justice Minister Resigns..another one follows!

This is good, if you cannot influence step aside don't join the system. This is good

Hivi mnaomvisha kiliemba cha ukoka huyu mama mmeshasahau sumu za ukabila za huyu mama. Huu ni mwendelezo tu wa mchezo wa SIASA ZA MSETO WA MANYANG'AU....Wakenya hawafaidiki na lolote kwa chochote kile anachokifanya huyu mama....

Sana sana ni mwanzo wa hatua nyingine ya siasa za chuki, dharau na ubaguzi kuelekea uchaguzi ujao kama bado kutakuwa na kitu kinachoitwa nchi ya Kenya by then..

omarilyas

Ndugu,
Unlike ours [Tanzania], politics in Kenya is very dynamic and fragile. Narc-Kenya was actually formed by Kibaki only to abandon it when it became evident that with its narrow tribal line (non inclusive of the Uhurus, and the like) the party would not salvage him to the state house. Hence the efforts to establish the PNU. There are two things to note:

• Ms. Martha Karua had previously declared her intention to contest presidency
  • Once she falls out of grace with Kibaki, Karua can expect the upper hand (influence) of the former to obstruct pursuance of her presidential ambitions. Mark you, both Uhuru and Karua are Kikuyus, they are both ambitious of Kenya presidency, but importantly, each of the duo heavily relies on the mount Kanya support vote-the Kikuyus! Mashindano ya kufa na kupona!

How can politics be 'dynamic' and fragile at the same time. Kenya and Tanzania are neigbours but with two vry different political realities, and I fed up of people always trying to compare Kny and TZ, please its like comparing kipofu na kiziwi, if we wanted a country to be compared with it would certainly not be Knya

Mimi i like this mama,ana misimamo ambayo Mawaziri wetu wa Tanzania hawezi kuthubutu.Tunahitaji viongozi wenye uwezo wa kufanya kama huyu mama wanapokuwa hawakubaliani na misimamo ya viongozi wasioitakia mema nchi yao.

Kauli yako nzito sana. Angalia sasa hivi tunavyoburuzwa kuhusu wanaotaka kugombea kupitia CCM, Mawaziri wote wako kimyaaaaa! Kama vile wao hawana opinion yoyote katika swala hili au ndiyo wanaogopa tishio la 'wanaompinga Kikwete watakiona'. Tanzania tunahitaji viongozi wenye misimamo thabiti kama huyu Mama siyo viongozi wasio na misimamo na wanaburuzwaburuzwa tu bila kujali maslahi ya nchi.

Hivi mnaomvisha kiliemba cha ukoka huyu mama mmeshasahau sumu za ukabila za huyu mama. Huu ni mwendelezo tu wa mchezo wa SIASA ZA MSETO WA MANYANG'AU....Wakenya hawafaidiki na lolote kwa chochote kile anachokifanya huyu mama....

Sana sana ni mwanzo wa hatua nyingine ya siasa za chuki, dharau na ubaguzi kuelekea uchaguzi ujao kama bado kutakuwa na kitu kinachoitwa nchi ya Kenya by then..

omarilyas

I agree with you.The common man is not benefiting with what she did,however, neither were they benefiting when she was the minister.The only difference was that she has the guts to call it quits when things did not go right as a matter of principle.No one has ever done that apart from a few.

What we have are individuals with questionable characters,who are egotistical, self centered and cry babies and are only good at whining and raking in our hard earned tax .Individuals who even when caught with their hand in the cooky jar still insist it was not their hand they would rather die than resign even when the right thing is to go.

Remember this is one woman who walked out on Moi back in the days when no one would even dream of it even the cohorts now pretending to be later day saviors could not even dare cough in front of Moi.

My take on this one is she has come out of this mess as a clear headed principled individual and as much as we may try to decipher what her real intentions were the public perception of her will change drastically

Martha Karua is a master player...she has made her move, and the reasons might be shrouded in principles and the appearance of goodwill but i can bet my bottom dollar that it is not ALTRUISTIC.

Self preservation, is what it is.

Just trying to buy the face of the people...to look good to the public. Once again Kenyans will be hoodwinked.

...another follows Martha Karua.

Mungatana quits government

nupd_06042009_01.jpg

Updated 4 hr(s) 24 min(s) ago

By David Ochami

Medical Services Assistant minister Danson Mungatana has resigned from the Cabinet.

Announcing his resignation on Tuesday afternoon, Mungatana accused Kibaki administration of impeding reforms and fostering corruption.

He becomes the second high-ranking government official to quit the grand coalition government in less than 24 hours.

On Monday afternoon, Gichugu MP Martha Karua quit the position of Justice and Constitutional Affairs minister.

Both resignations occurred while President Kibaki was out of the country attending head of states conference.

The simmering intra-party differences within PNU add to the already glaring feuds between it and its grand coalition partner, ODM, which is led by Prime Minister Raila Odinga. ODM is accusing its partner PNU of short-changing it.

But the Garsen MP said his decision to step down was informed by President Kibaki’s handling of the Grand Coalition Government and reform agenda.

He also added that Karua’s resignation on Monday made his stay at the cabinet untenable. Karua is the party chairperson while Mungatana serves as the secretary general.

Mungatana†who, together with Karua, strenuously, defended Kibaki’s controversial re-election in December 2007 told the President "the time of the big man’s syndrome is gone".

Referring to the Head of State’s recent unilateral appointments to public offices, Mungatana said his party, which has majority of MPs in Kibaki’s PNU, has been sidelined.

Changes

At exactly 1.30pm Mungatana said: "I would like to thank President Kibaki†for having appointed me

to serve as Assistant minister for Medical Services. However, the development of Monday where the chair of Narc-Kenya resigned her position as Justice minister, (makes) it difficult for me as Secretary to serve in the same government she has left?"

The Narc-Kenya top decision-making organ, NEC defended Karua’s resignation saying she left because she could no longer hold together with a corrupt and anti-reform clique.

Speaking after tendering his resignation on Tuesday, Mungatana urged other Narc-Kenya MPs to consider their continued stay in government.

Saying they are free to make personal decisions, the party secretary general added that Narc-Kenya officials in government and other "reformists in and outside Parliament need to be part and parcel of what the people of Kenya want".

The latest development means that Nark Kenya has practically moved out of Kibaki-led PNU. Last year when PNU was urging its coalition parties to dissolve and join it, Narc Kenya defied the orders and went ahead to hold elections, which saw Karua elected chairperson while Mungatana became secretary general.

The Standard | Online Edition :: Mungatana quits government

Hii ni matokeo ya kulazimisha serikali ya mseto ,hivi uchaguzi wao ni lini?

Back
Top Bottom