Kenya: Eight Blogs Face Closure and Prosecution!

Ab-Titchaz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2008
Eight Kenyan Blogs Face Closure and Prosecution

Eight Kenyan political and tabloid blogger sites and their handlers are today reported to be at risk of closure, prosecution and fines for spreading hate-speech including wikileakskenya and dennisitumbi.com both of which are run by Dennis Itumbi; and TheDaily Post run by Evans Gor Semelango.

The Daily Post has recently run propaganda and defamatory reports on Fidel Castro Odinga and is reputed to run hogwash on political personalities.

Sources intimate that Gor Semelango has already been served lawsuit papers by Fidel Odinga lawyers, and it is unconfirmed if Dennis Itumbi has also been served although sources say his blogs are redflagged and earmarked for closure.

UPDATE

The National Steering Committee on media Monitoring has expressed concern over the growing misuse of the Internet to propagate hate filled and inciting massages. At least eight blogging sites have been identified as being responsible for spreading hate speech.

This is Kenya's Moment: Eight Kenyan Blogs Face Closure and Prosecution

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they forget to include the Freedom of Expression charter in their new Constitution....:hat:

They are all welcome to seek a political asylum at Jamii Forums....:hat:

Did they forget to include the Freedom of Expression charter in their new Constitution....:hat:

They are all welcome to seek a political asylum at Jamii Forums....:hat:

Kuwa na constitution is one thing, kutekeleza yanayotajwa kwenye constitution is another...

Na JF wapo hatarini tuanze kuingia mitini?

Tuwe hatarini kwa lipi mkuu? Mabomu hapa naona yamepungua maana nchi ilikuwa haikaliki!!!!! Naomba mabomu yarudi, yalisaidia sana wakati wa EPA na mambo mengi. JF ni kioo cha jamii, acheni kimulike!!

freedom of speech my ass since when is spreading hate right. look at the Rwandan genocide or Kenyans post election violence. freedom of expression is good so long as it does not interfere with others freedom take for example if a radio station in Uganda advocated for the killing of all other east Africans living in Uganda and then this caused deaths or mass displacement should we say thats just their right.there are certain ****** who violate others rights but are the first to claim their rights have been violated e.g terrorists

freedom of speech my ass since when is spreading hate right. look at the Rwandan genocide or Kenyans post election violence. freedom of expression is good so long as it does not interfere with others freedom take for example if a radio station in Uganda advocated for the killing of all other east Africans living in Uganda and then this caused deaths or mass displacement should we say thats just their right.there are certain ****** who violate others rights but are the first to claim their rights have been violated e.g terrorists
Why do they allow each ethnic group to have its own Radio Station and broadcasting in the own language, can you tell me a bit more about that in case you happen to be familiar with that system

I see a new breed of witchhunting, as hate messages hogwash for ordinary bloggers is a crime, but the new constitution can allow politicians to mobilize ethnic based violence at will, selective application of the new constitution is a pain.

Why do they allow each ethnic group to have its own Radio Station and broadcasting in the own language, can you tell me a bit more about that in case you happen to be familiar with that system
I also wonder we are so fragmented albeit no politician wants to enter into leadership on the platform of unity.

In Kenya the father of tribalism and ethnic division was Mzee jomo Kenyatta, the founding father.

It is said that in his days you could not get a job or promotion if you are not speaking his tongue. Most schools had already started teaching his mother tongue as far as north eastern Kenya. Rumour has it that he even forced his vice president to marry his tribe so that he could qualify to be vice president and thus he laid the foundation which Moi built on, further dividing his nation into tribes. Right now Kenya does not have one single national leader, just tribal headmen.

Raila is the head of the Luo tribe, Ruto the Kalenjin tribe, Mudavadi the Luhya tribe, Kalonzo the kamba tribe and this form the five biggest tribes. They have to build alliances so that they can get some votes from across the tribal divide. Now the daggers are drawn and teeth barred, the tribes are all eyeing the almost vacant presidency seat and they are ready to pounce on each other again.

The kikuyu's must have it once again, the luos must have it now, the luhyas say its their turn to eat, not to mention the kamba's and kalenjins. Each leader must then have a radio station that is loyal to him, whose work is to declare him the lord of his tribe and which will bring him to the eating table. Not even one leader can come up and speak against this build up to violence?

The most pitiable fact is that the young people who have at least been to school are worse than their fathers, university students who should be forward looking are the most tribal, most businesses and industries employ 99% from the tribes of the owners.

Who has the solution for this nation, maybe Koffi Annan and Jakaya Kikwete once again?

chash

This time pre-planned violence will not be the strategy of perrenial oppositionist strangleholds to opt for while seeking for power, read this..I tell you. It will be unity up to the end. Those who are peddling hate and popularizing ethinic polarization are being watched!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This time pre-planned violence will not be the strategy of perrenial oppositionist strangleholds to opt for while seeking for power, read this..I tell you. It will be unity up to the end. Those who are peddling hate and popularizing ethinic polarization are being watched!!

That is good but this, i will believe if I see people coming together to oppose tribalism i.e student groups, leaders e.t.c
when I see Kibaki Raila,Uhuru and Ruto coming together and holding a joint rally to promote peace and goodwill and oppose tribal divisions. Also when i see them visiting unrest areas to talk to the people and give back land to the displaced.

That is good but this, i will believe if I see people coming together to oppose tribalism i.e student groups, leaders e.t.c
when I see Kibaki Raila,Uhuru and Ruto coming together and holding a joint rally to promote peace and goodwill and oppose tribal divisions. Also when i see them visiting unrest areas to talk to the people and give back land to the displaced.

There was already one that took place FYI check link below
Standard Digital News : Video

Na JF wapo hatarini tuanze kuingia mitini?

Mimi nilimuuliza Maxence kwenye yale maswahili waliyotuomba wakati wa interview yake; niliuliza kama alikuwa na falling back position in the event JF faces the MWANAHALISI fate!! Pengine alijibu lakini mimi mpaka sasa sijaliona hilo jibu.

Chama cha magamba kiko kwenye desperate situation na ndio maana wameresort even to use the police to kill, hivyo they are capable of doing anything to people and institutions they perceive are not in their corner!!

Back
Top Bottom