Kenya budget larger than rest of EAC combined

P.S. While you are wasting your time on the internet desperately trying to create a narrative of Kenyan failure...a narrative which does not have a firm basis in reality, guess what Kenyans are up to?

P.P.S. Mekatilili , could you please update our friend here with your list...

last time RAO was overseas seeking funds for this....again begging

Last edited by a moderator:
last time RAO was overseas seeking funds for this....

Fair enough...the point is though, we are doing it! What do you have to show for all the foreign trips and incessant begging that Kikwete has been doing?

Here is list of national infrastructural projects started or completed by the Kenyan government from 2008 onwards:

1. Thika Super Highway
  2. Eastern Bypass
  3. Lamu Port
  4. Nakuru International Airport
  5. Southern Bypass
  6. Isiolo International Airport
  7. Kisumu International Airport
  8. Wajir International Airport
  9. Isiolo resort City
  10. Konza City
  11. Menengai geothermal plant
  12. Ngong wind farm
  13. Turkana wind farm (Africa's Largest Wind Farm)
  14. Jomo Kenyatta International Airport Expansion
  15. Nairobi Commuter Rail (Electric Train) (Under construction/ 2 Stations complete
  16. East Africa's first solar panel factory in Naivasha

Again, the question is...what have you been doing with yourselves?

Mekatilili wa menza, matsuo, you are going way to low to expose your cards and Ulole might copy such projects. The pace Kenya is going with in terms of development necessary to increase economic growth factors minus complete donor dependance is impressive. While Kibaki goes to seek for concessional loans from Rio, I know they have agreed to increase the to-and-fro frequency of FDI partnerships between the two nations.

1. That evidently means that FDI from Rio will be allowing investments in Kenya necessary for a less constrained economic growth.

2. It will increase budgetary support and help increase servicing and completion of accumulated internal debts

This is quite the opposite picture with our fellow EAC members, Donors involved are only interested in heavily whisking away natural resources to propel their economies leaving them hot-and-dry (minus FDI investment) pampered with extensive debt relief programs. The BRICS and emerging African economies have common interests. I am sure the model Kibaki is creating together with the BRICS will be more popular than the imperial designs approach normally taken by the west and will be even employed by many African emerging economies.
kshaka
I know that Eurozone has reached the melting point and there is no coming back to original state. A slow and quiet storm is brewing between the Eurozone members and the paymasters and its only a matter of time when we will see fireworks. The once developed euro-zone members have been reduced to beggars in their own right. I would think it's a blessing in disguise for Africa's nations to learn from such fast paced development that leaves the coffers high and dry.

calm down brother found that in the Nation of all the media houses, nothing much of a difference between begging and a loan, they all have time to be paid back with interest
A%20S%20tongue.gif
, Emilio should then ask the money from internal banks to avoid this to be called begging; as a matter of fact, i swear Emilio will go to China,Russia and India after Brazil to do the same thing asking for funds to plug inn the deficits watch this space....u will keep posted!

Ulole, Such perceived "begging" is seeking for concessional loans which is much more reflective and realistic than MDRI and HIPC. Apparently Kenya has graduated from the HIPC list into a middle-income driven economy

Mekatilili wa menza, matsuo, you are going way to low to expose your cards and Ulole might copy such projects. The pace Kenya is going with in terms of development necessary to increase economic growth factors minus complete donor dependance is impressive. While Kibaki goes to seek for concessional loans from Rio, I know they have agreed to increase the to-and-fro frequency of FDI partnerships between the two nations.

1. That evidently means that FDI from Rio will be allowing investments in Kenya necessary for a less constrained economic growth.

2. It will increase budgetary support and help increase servicing and completion of accumulated internal debts

This is quite the opposite picture with our fellow EAC members, Donors involved are only interested in heavily whisking away natural resources to propel their economies leaving them hot-and-dry (minus FDI investment) pampered with extensive debt relief programs. The BRICS and emerging African economies have common interests. I am sure the model Kibaki is creating together with the BRICS will be more popular than the imperial designs approach normally taken by the west and will be even employed by many African emerging economies.
kshaka
I know that Eurozone has reached the melting point and there is no coming back to original state. A slow and quiet storm is brewing between the Eurozone members and the paymasters and its only a matter of time when we will see fireworks. The once developed euro-zone members have been reduced to beggars in their own right. I would think it's a blessing in disguise for Africa's nations to learn from such fast paced development that leaves the coffers high and dry.

Ulole, Such perceived "begging" is seeking for concessional loans which is much more reflective and realistic than MDRI and HIPC. Apparently Kenya has graduated from the HIPC list into a middle-income driven economy
with 57% under US$ 1.25 per day....:dance:

Ulole It seems you do not lola, You have the greek economic meltdown scenario posted by kshaka. You want to lead us in a ditch. The country cannot borrow from internal banks because that is what left spain portugal and greece poor upto this day they borrowed loans while the germans were watching.

Do not cheat us using CIA data that kenya is 52% and tanzania is 36%. CIA is more inclined on geo-politics than economy matters

here is a head to head comparisons so that we stop wasting time on dillusionments

Economy stats:
Kenyan Economy stats Tanzanian Economy stats
Economic freedom 1.9 1.65
Ranked 89th. 15% more than Tanzania Ranked 110th.
GDP $41,480,000,000.00 $29,640,000,000.00
Ranked 91st in 2006. 40% more than Tanzania Ranked 101st in 2006.
GDP growth > annual % 5.81 annual % 6.97 annual %
Ranked 58th in 2005. Ranked 34th in 2005. 20% more than Kenya
GDP (per capita) $1,180.31 per capita $750.82 per capita
Ranked 165th in 2006. 57% more than Tanzania Ranked 177th in 2006.
GDP per capita in 1950 $947.00 $427.00
Ranked 40th. 122% more than Tanzania Ranked 53rd.
GDP per capita in 1973 $1,055.00 $655.00
Ranked 47th. 61% more than Tanzania Ranked 52nd.
GDP per capita, PPP > current international $ 1,239.95 PPP $ 744.34 PPP $

20101030_mac549.gif

Source nationmaster

Problem with taking on Ulole is that he comes up with crappy news,stats all the time. Would not be surprised if he counters with the usual Kibera and hunger stats.

Ulole It seems you do not lola, You have the greek economic meltdown scenario posted by kshaka. You want to lead us in a ditch. The country cannot borrow from internal banks because that is what left spain portugal and greece poor upto this day they borrowed loans while the germans were watching.

Do not cheat us using CIA data that kenya is 52% and tanzania is 36%. CIA is more inclined on geo-politics than economy matters

here is a head to head comparisons so that we stop wasting time on dillusionments

Economy stats:
Kenyan Economy stats Tanzanian Economy stats
Economic freedom 1.9 1.65
Ranked 89th. 15% more than Tanzania Ranked 110th.
GDP $41,480,000,000.00 $29,640,000,000.00
Ranked 91st in 2006. 40% more than Tanzania Ranked 101st in 2006.
GDP growth > annual % 5.81 annual % 6.97 annual %
Ranked 58th in 2005. Ranked 34th in 2005. 20% more than Kenya
GDP (per capita) $1,180.31 per capita $750.82 per capita
Ranked 165th in 2006. 57% more than Tanzania Ranked 177th in 2006.
GDP per capita in 1950 $947.00 $427.00
Ranked 40th. 122% more than Tanzania Ranked 53rd.
GDP per capita in 1973 $1,055.00 $655.00
Ranked 47th. 61% more than Tanzania Ranked 52nd.
GDP per capita, PPP > current international $ 1,239.95 PPP $ 744.34 PPP $

20101030_mac549.gif

Source nationmaster

visit WB for clarification and not CIA btw those CIA gave intelligence on security situation in Mombasa then ur govt refuted and declined to take the hints serious; what happened next?

visit WB for clarification and not CIA btw those CIA gave intelligence on security situation in Mombasa then ur govt declined; what happened next?

Terrorism can be likened to bacteria, there are many forms of terrorism and they all start as an ideology. Economic sarbotage is a form of terrorism, so it is no wonder if they strike symbiotically.

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is an adage in Kiswahili about ‘kupigia mbuzi guitar’ and these lovely solos that each one of us has been playing are resonating with Mr. Ulole. The genius of Ulole is his denial of facts and existence in a bubble that affords him the luxury to spew figures and one liners and then retreat as he is countered with empirical data. He will then dismiss the data and drop another one liner and the retreat to manufacture another one of his gems. I suspect we might be dealing with: a world class idiot, someone whose is dangerously obsessed with Kenya or a world class troll! Take your pick!

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is an adage in Kiswahili about ‘kupigia mbuzi guitar' and these lovely solos that each one of us has been playing are resonating with Mr. Ulole. The genius of Ulole is his denial of facts and existence in a bubble that affords him the luxury to spew figures and one liners and then retreat as he is countered with empirical data. He will then dismiss the data and drop another one liner and the retreat to manufacture another one of his gems. I suspect we might be dealing with: a world class idiot, someone whose is dangerously obsessed with Kenya or a world class troll! Take your pick!

how about me dealing with blind nationalists that deceive realities?

There is one thing on Kenya i will need an explanation about; and strictly from intellectuals!!! I repeat from INTELLECTUALS!!! I agree that Kenya donor dependence is at 7% and Tanzania is at 27% but considering the Kenya's last and this year's budgets we are told last years had deficits up to 60% and this year's is already having a hole of 15% (even before its implementation) that no explanation where the money will come from! I therefore ask the intellectuals to explain to me whether this theoretical 7% dependence has sense, if so can someone explains to me why then Kenya takes loans/assistance/grants/aid from overseas (and not fro internal sources) as the clip above and in many posts i highlighted before! And why Kenya; a middle income asked to be treated as a least developed country in the AGOA and other forms of favors advanced towards least developed countries? I serious need explanation on this contradiction considering we know the circumstances under which Kenya's donor dependence fell to a 7% (earlier in 200's the donor nations refused to advance aid to GOK cause of unabated corruption)! So, does it really make sense to have this percentage cap as a donors' budget dependence while taking huge some of loans/grants/assistance/aid from the same donors out of the country's budget that can even pose a risk of unaccountability! Pls i need an intellectual to explain to me and not die hard nationalists/fanatics...

Top Foreign Aid Recipients 2008 working on getting the 2010 & 11
RankCountryAid received for 2008
1Iraq9,870 Billion USD
2Afghanistan4,865 Billion USD
3Ethiopia3,327 Billion USD
4Palestine** 2,593 Billion USD
5Vietnam2,552 Billion USD
6Sudan2,384 Billion USD
7Tanzania2,332 Billion USD
8India2,108 Billion USD
9Bangladesh2,061 Billion USD
10Turkey2,024 Billion USD

The Top 20 Recipients of Developmental Aid

The top recipient of developmental aid is Iraq, with $9.115 billion in donations. Number two is Afghanistan, with $3.951 billion in donations received. Number three is Tanzania, with $2.811 billion received in donations. Number four is Vietnam, with $2.497 billion in donations. Number five is Ethiopia, with $2.422 billion in donations. Number six is Pakistan, with $2.212 billion in aid received. Number seven is Sudan, with $2.104 billion in aid received. Number eight is Nigeria, with $2.042 billion in donations received. Number nine is Cameroon, with donations of $1.933 billion received. Number 10 is Palestine, with $1.868 billion in donations received.

source

Visual Economics at CreditLoan.com

There is one thing on Kenya i will need an explanation about; and strictly from intellectuals!!! I repeat from INTELLECTUALS!!! I agree that Kenya donor dependence is at 7% and Tanzania is at 27% but considering the Kenya's last and this year's budgets we are told last years had deficits up to 60% and this year's is already having a hole of 15% (even before its implementation) that no explanation where the money will come from! I therefore ask the intellectuals to explain to me whether this theoretical 7% dependence has sense, if so can someone explains to me why then Kenya takes loans/assistance/grants/aid from overseas (and not fro internal sources) as the clip above and in many posts i highlighted before! And why Kenya; a middle income asked to be treated as a least developed country in the AGOA and other forms of favors advanced towards least developed countries? I serious need explanation on this contradiction considering we know the circumstances under which Kenya's donor dependence fell to a 7% (earlier in 200's the donor nations refused to advance aid to GOK cause of unabated corruption)! So, does it really make sense to have this percentage cap as a donors' budget dependence while taking huge some of loans/grants/assistance/aid from the same donors out of the country's budget that can even pose a risk of unaccountability! Pls i need an intellectual to explain to me and not die hard nationalists/fanatics...

Mkuu, wala usipoteze mda, kamwe hutapata jibu zuri, sanasana utavurumishiwa mitusi as usual...:hat:

I can help you out with your critical examination of this mysterious percentage of kenya's donor dependance and also elaborate to you why a large percentage of donor dependance is not a key determinant in building kenya's success story. As one writer quickly denotes that foreign aid from western donor agencies is a byproduct of the west skimpiness and is only mechanized to increase enduring poverty levels within the continent. They also ensure that they do not provide sustainable aid to promote transformative projects and this evidently adds to this skimpiness.In principle, donor agencies normally exploit the poor accountability that exists between recipients of aid (i.e corrupt governments) and the local public.

I agree that Kenya donor dependence is at 7% and Tanzania is at 27% but considering the Kenya's last and this year's budgets we are told last years had deficits up to 60% and this year's is already having a hole of 15% (even before its implementation) that no explanation where the money will come from! I therefore ask the intellectuals to explain to me whether this theoretical 7% dependence has sense, if so can someone explains to me why then Kenya takes loans/assistance/grants/aid from overseas (and not fro internal sources) as the clip above and in many posts i highlighted before!
That is why kenya is currently leaning more towards project financing than budgetary support type of aid models. Donor aid models are not built to address transformative projects within governments and is a blessing in disguise for donors to boycott giving aid on the sticky "unabated corruption". And that is how the kenya 7% donor dependance comes about. Yes it dosen't make sense for kenya to take loans/grants/aids while the issue of accountabilty is still a challenge. But the project financing aid model that the country is adopting is more visually sustainable and accountable.

Though corruption is still a factor that the Kibaki administration has failed to effectively tackle, western donors are exploiting this sticky perception of corruption in governments to remain stingy and to conferr preference to least developed, non-accountable, and corrupt governments. Within East and central Africa no african has shown exemplary public financial management benchmarks like Kenya and yet this is the irony of this myth that they prefer not to aid kenya on grounds of "unabated corruption". We do not need this type of aid model since EAC countries are currently projecting strong economic growth (kenya 5.4 p.c tanzania 6.8 p.c uganda 6.5), or do we?
And why Kenya; a middle income asked to be treated as a least developed country in the AGOA and other forms of favors advanced towards least developed countries? I serious need explanation on this contradiction considering we know the circumstances under which Kenya's donor dependence fell to a 7% (earlier in 200's the donor nations refused to advance aid to GOK cause of unabated corruption)! So, does it really make sense to have this percentage cap as a donors' budget dependence while taking huge

(AGOA) offers tangible incentives for African countries to continue their efforts to open their economies and build free markets. READ THIS!!! It also highlights trade opportunities for U.S. businesses and benefits of U.S. exports of infrastructure-related products and support for U.S. investment and joint ventures (including public-private partnerships) in sub-Saharan African transport, energy, telecommunications, and other key infrastructure sectors.When you critically assess the meaning of this program it looks as if it is becoming more of an imperial design. You can see that there is little contrast between AGOA and Western AID models.

I can help you out with your critical examination of this mysterious percentage of kenya's donor dependance and also elaborate to you why a large percentage of donor dependance is not a key determinant in building kenya's success story. As one writer quickly denotes that foreign aid from western donor agencies is a byproduct of the west skimpiness and is only mechanized to increase enduring poverty levels within the continent. They also ensure that they do not provide sustainable aid to promote transformative projects and this evidently adds to this skimpiness.In principle, donor agencies normally exploit the poor accountability that exists between recipients of aid (i.e corrupt governments) and the local public.

That is why kenya is currently leaning more towards project financing than budgetary support type of aid models. Donor aid models are not built to address transformative projects within governments and is a blessing in disguise for donors to boycott giving aid on the sticky "unabated corruption". And that is how the kenya 7% donor dependance comes about. Yes it dosen't make sense for kenya to take loans/grants/aids while the issue of accountabilty is still a challenge. But the project financing aid model that the country is adopting is more visually sustainable and accountable.

Though corruption is still a factor that the Kibaki administration has failed to effectively tackle, western donors are exploiting this sticky perception of corruption in governments to remain stingy and to conferr preference to least developed, non-accountable, and corrupt governments. Within East and central Africa no african has shown exemplary public financial management benchmarks like Kenya and yet this is the irony of this myth that they prefer not to aid kenya on grounds of "unabated corruption". We do not need this type of aid model since EAC countries are currently projecting strong economic growth (kenya 5.4 p.c tanzania 6.8 p.c uganda 6.5), or do we?

(AGOA) offers tangible incentives for African countries to continue their efforts to open their economies and build free markets. READ THIS!!! It also highlights trade opportunities for U.S. businesses and benefits of U.S. exports of infrastructure-related products and support for U.S. investment and joint ventures (including public-private partnerships) in sub-Saharan African transport, energy, telecommunications, and other key infrastructure sectors.When you critically assess the meaning of this program it looks as if it is becoming more of an imperial design. You can see that there is little contrast between AGOA and Western AID models.
thank u...

Back
Top Bottom