- Oct 10, 2009
Barrick Africa is currently seeking to appoint Maintenance Planner.
Reports to: Workshop Foreman Light Vehicle.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensure Tyre Management and Services contractors and any personnel working at Buzwagi in particular in the maintenance areas comply with Tanzanian Mining (safe working) Regulations and the Barrick Buzwagi Health, Safety and Environmental site requirements
- Ensure that contractors works are performed to the approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and that Job Hazards Analysis (JHA) and Field Level Risk Assessments are undertaken prior to commencement of the works and during execution.
- In conjunction with the Purchasing and Stores Officer, plan and control inventory of parts and spares. Participate in regular stock takes.
- Ensure jobs are timely, properly planned and effectively communicated to the Light Vehicle team and users of Crane and vehicles.
- To ensure Optimum availability of equipment and maximize component life in most cost effective manner
- Be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety, efficient utilisation of the resources and encourage teamwork across Teams
- Any other duties that may be assigned to fulfill the overall business objective.
- Take part effectively in succession planning within the L.V Team to ensure progressive development of Tanzanian employees to assume positions of increasing accountability.
- Manage business decisions and transaction in compliance to the Company Code of Ethics and compliance to the law and standards.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in maintenance and repair of Light Vehicles.
- Experience in services and repair of light vehicles, light trucks, generators, welding functions, mobile and fixed cranes.
- Assembly, dyno testing and troubleshooting experience on Air Cooled and Water cooled Engines. Workshop experience in machining, welding and pipe/ plate fabrication.
- Good communication skills, Computer skills in Maintenance and Planning software, team player, Strong conceptual thinking ability, Resilience and Resourcefulness,
- Performance Orientation, Strong Influencing Skills, High level of interpersonal skills
- Decisiveness and Strong commercial acumen.
- Position title in subject heading:
- Full name;
- Birth Certificate (Compulsory)
- Details of education (include copies of certificates-Compulsory);
- Details of previous employment;
- Home address (include village / town / city where living);
- Personal contact details (example; phone, email);
- Provide 3 references with contact details (from previous employment if possible);
- All applications must be in English.
|The position will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.|
Applicants are invited to submit their CVs (indicating the position title in the subject) via e-mail to:
Or Buzwagi Project Box 1101 Kahama Shinyanga
|Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. |
Barrick offers equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women.
If you are not contacted by Barrick within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before October 25, 2011. Applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.