Kapsabet police arrest teenager suspected of defiling and killing six minors


RUCCI

RUCCI

JF-Expert Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2011
Messages
1,697
Likes
960
Points
280
RUCCI

RUCCI

JF-Expert Member
Joined Oct 6, 2011
1,697 960 280
The Kapsabet police are holding a 17-year-old boy in connection with the disappearance and brutal killing of six children. The teenager is alleged to have used money to lure his victims aged between four and 16 years to a tea estate where he is suspected to have sodomised and raped them before killing them.

The arrest came after the bodies of two children, a 12-year-old girl and a boy aged 11 who had been reported missing, were discovered by residents.

Two villagers claimed that the missing boy was seen with the suspect on the day he disappeared. The teenager was allegedly seen leading the boy to a nearby forest. “One witness asked him where he was going with the boy and the child was quick to respond that the suspect had promised to pay him Sh100 if he helped him fetch firewood in a forest surrounding the tea plantation but the child never returned home,” area chief Paul Lagat said.

Mr Lagat told The Standard that the village had lost six children in the past three years. He said four other bodies of children had previously been recovered in the Kapsigak tea plantation. “The 12-year-old girl was reported missing on June 27 this year. A dog brought home a leg and arm on July 6, which were later identified by the missing child’s distraught parents as their child’s body parts,” he said. “The villagers searched and recovered her naked body.

We suspect she had been defiled before being killed. We are waiting for results from the postmortem that is currently underway,” he added. The parents of the 11-year-old boy reported their son missing after the girl’s body was discovered. His body was found days later in the same tea plantation. “He was also naked,” Lagat said. The chief added that another girl aged 16 had also been reported missing and is yet to be found. Kapsabet Officer Commanding Police Division Joachim Mecha said investigations were underway. “The bodies of the two children are undergoing a postmortem at the County Referral Hospital,” he said.

Yesterday, residents staged a demonstration near the chief’s office. Area MP Alfred Keter addressed the angry residents, calling for “calm despite the dark shadow of evil” that had befallen the village in Nandi County.

This is a sad day for us and we cannot begin to understand the reasons that could have pushed someone to commit such shocking crimes on innocent children. Let us give the police time to conduct their investigations,” said Mr Keter.

The overwhelmed legislator added: “It is even sadder when the main suspect is such a young man. This is indeed a dark day in the history of Nandi County.”

Source: KTN
 

Forum statistics

Threads 1,237,113
Members 475,401
Posts 29,278,722