- Feb 10, 2014
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OFTANZANIA PRESIDENT’S OFFICE PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/L/141 10thJune, 2021
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTOn behalf of Tanzania Fisheries Research Institute (TAFIRI) and Tanzania Forest Services Agency (TFSA), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites dynamic and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill thirty (30) vacant posts mentioned below;
1.0 . TANZANIA FISHERIES RESEARCH INSTITUTE (TAFIRI)The Tanzania Fisheries Research Institute (TAFIRI) was established by the Act of Parliament No.6 of 1980 to promotes, conduct, supervise, and co-ordinate fisheries Research in Tanzania. The Institute is governed by the Board of Directors. This
Institute comprises of four Centers and one substation: the Mwanza Centre and Sota Substation on Lake Victoria, Kigoma Centre on Lake Tanganyika, Kyela Centre on Lake Nyasa (Malawi) and Dar es Salaam Centre on the Indian Ocean. The Institute Headquarters is located at Kunduchi in Dar es Salaam.
1.1 DECK HAND - (3 POSTS) – RE-ADVERTISEMENT
2.1. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To perform manual skilled duties like painting of the vessel, mending and repairing of fishing gears and deck equipment under the supervision and training of Senior Crew Members;
- To perform general cleanliness duties;
- To participate in the lubrication duties of the vessel and carry out minor repairs under guidance of senior crew members; and
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) plus Certificate in Fisheries from Fisheries Education and Training Agency (Nyegezi or Mbegani Institute).
As per TAFIRI scale
1.5. TANZANIA FOREST SERVICES AGENCY (TFSA)Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) is a semi-autonomous Government Agency established through Government Notice No. 269 of 30th July, 2010 under Executive Agency Act (Cap. 245) as amended from time to time. The Agency implements the National Forest and Beekeeping Policy of 1998 and the Forest Act (Cap 323 R.E of 2002) and Beekeeping Act Cap 224 R.E of 2002 which provide the legal framework for the management of forests and bees resources. It operates as a para military institution thus requiring her employees to undertake Military Trainings,
The Headquarters is located in Dar es Salaam at Mpingo House, Ivory Room premises along Nyerere Road. TFSA operates in seven zone namely Eastern zone (Kibaha in Pwani Region), Southern zone (Masasi District in Mtwara Region), Southern Highlands zone (Mbeya City in Mbeya Region), Northern zone (Same District in Kilimanjaro Region), Western zone
(Tabora Municipal in Tabora Region), Lake zone (Mwanza City in Mwanza Region) and Central zone (Dodoma City in Dodoma Region). All operational matters of the Agency are handled at the Zones, while the Headquarters deals with strategic management issues.
1.6. FOREST ASSISTANT II – 20 POSTS
1.7. WORK STATION: TFS ZONES/PLANTATIONS
1.8. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To collect and good keeping of tree seeds
- To tend tree seedlings and management of tree nurseries
- To manage trees and forests
- To undertake patrols within the forests
- To inspect and grade forest products
- To carry out mensuration in forest
- Carry out forest extension services
- To carry out other duties as assigned from time to time by Supervisor
1.9. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCEHolder of Ordinary Diploma in one of the following fields; Forestry, Forest Management and Nature Conservation or equivalent qualifications from recognized Institutions and shall be required to attend and pass military training.
1.10. FOREST OFFICER II - 5 POSTS1.11. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To supervise planting and management of natural forests and plantations
- To conduct research related to forestry or environment
- To enforce forest policies and legislation iv. To build capacity of staff and stakeholders
- To conduct planning in forest and coordinate collection and analysis of forest products statistics
- To carry out other duties as assigned from time to time by Supervisor
1.12. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCEHolder of Bachelor Degree in Forestry from a recognized institution. Must have basic knowledge in computer applications and shall be required to attend and pass military training.
1.13. DRIVER II – 2 POSTS1.14. WORK STATION: TFS ZONES/PLANTATIONS
1.15. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To drive the Agency’s vehicles.
- To maintain vehicle logbook and movement records
- To maintain smooth running of vehicles iv. To make simple repair of the vehicles
- To maintain vehicle cleanliness and service schedule
1.16. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCEHolder of Form four with passes in three subjects including English. Candidate should have Class C1 and E driving license and Trade Test Grade II or I or Advanced Drivers Certificate grade I or II from National Institute of Transport. Must have a three years clean driving record and shall be required to attend and pass military training.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service and where specified;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Birth certificate;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
- An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
- A signed application lettershould be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, and Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma - Asha Rose Migiro Buildings -Dodoma.
- Deadline for application is 23rd June, 2021;
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;