Islam and politics in Tanzania

Kuna haja kubwa sana ya Waislamu wakaanza mpango maalum wa "NEW REVOLUTION". Hii nchi inaenda pabaya sana. Mpango wa Mapinduzi uendelezwe kwa nguvu za dhati, na ninaamini Waislamu watachukua nchi kwa njia yoyote ile. Kuna watu ndani ya Serikali hii hawana hata huruma na maskini; kazi yao kubwa ni kuendeleza UFISADI, RUSHWA. Hii nchi inahitaji "MAPINDUZI MAPYA YA KUUONDOA UTAWALA WA MAFISADI" Waislamu ndiyo wanaoteseka zaidi na huu utawala. Is Time For Change.

What revolution? Ikiwa kuongoza misikiti imewashinda, ndio mtaweza nchi!

Karume's claim that Islam and Christianity are similar is utmost nonsense.

Here are some differences for those who support him.
Every child is born guilty of sin vs every child is born innocent. Guilty by default vs innocent by default.

Sins are inherited (from Adam) vs everyone starts life on a clean plate.

Children who have not accepted Jesus go to hell vs all children go to heaven.

All sins are equal in the sight of God vs sins have different magnitude in the eight of God. (Stealing underwear is not the same as killing vs being the same)

Some of God's Propehts like David were adulterous (eg David in Bible) vs all of God's Prophets were righteous.

Salvation is by believing that God himself came to be whipped by men to pay the price vs faith and obedience is key to salvation.

Divorce can happen only if spouse has been unfaithful vs grounds for divorce are more than that.

Homosexuality among religious leaders is officially sactioned by Churches vs officially condemed by Islam.

God can be subjected to pain by humans (crcifiction) vs no man can harm God in any way.

God has a son and that son is God himself vs it does not befit the majesty of God that He would begot a son.

God belongs to the Jewish race vs God has no race.

God prays (perhaps to himself since he is the only God) vs God does not pray

God eats (at least while in human flesh)vs God does not eat

God uses the toilet vs God is not subjected to principles of nature

God cries for help (why has though forsaken me) vs God commands and it be.

Good deeds are 'filthy rags' that will not determine salvation because salvation is by God being punished by Jews vs salvation on JUdgement day will be weighed on faith and deeds.

Celibacy is encouraged as a means to be close to God (Christianity) vs marriage is encouraged as a way to be closer to God (Islam).

God can be killed vs God is immortal.

God can be human 100% and God 100% vs one infinite and infite at the same time is absolutely illogical.

Keeping the commandments is not key to salvation vs keeping the commandments counts towards salvation.

Kiti moto ruksa vs no way.

Kilevi ruksa (kunywa lakini usilewe) vs dont touch it.

Fundamental teachings in doctrines/principles plus fundamental teaching about God's attributes clarly show the 2 religions are not equal.

We are certainly not worshipping the same God so it makes no sense whatsoever to claim that there is no difference between worshippers of Allah and worshippers of Jesus.

Last edited:
Mkuu Unadhani wana tatizo upstairs? Hawana tatizo lolote upstairs, wakizingatia shule wana excell vizuri tu bila shida, tatizo lao kubwa ni kushindwa ku-prioritize. Wanatilia maanani kujifunza makorokocho ambayo hayawasaidii chochote kimaisha halafu wanapojikuta wanabaki nyuma kimaendeleo wanaanza kumtafuta mchawi aliesababisha wabakie nyuma.

It is high time they should give their children eduction, a chance in life instead of filling their heads with crazy stuff which do not help them.

Though this is hard for them to swallow but it is the only way, they need to be told the truth and the truth shall set them Free from poverty and backwardness.

You need to do a better analysis.

Do you know followers of what religion have more people who live on under $1 a day?

You will be surprised.

People of what religion mostly do you think own those buldings in Kariakoo.

Have u ever gone through the list of TRA's high tax payers, you will be surprised and embarrased for what you said.

Please research before you make statements.

Do you know followers of what religion have more people who live on under $1 a day?

You will be surprised.

Have u ever gone through the list of TRA's high tax payers, you will be surprised and embarrased for what you said.

Same to you.......

Waislam bana, yani wao ni kulalamika tu. Shule hawataki, wao ni MAD-R'ASSA,

Hivi wanafikiri hiyo Mad-r'assa inayofundishwa na maustaadh itawapa kitu kweli?

Kama kuna watu hapa duniani wanoa juwa na mabingwa wa kulalama ni hawa wafuasi wa alla.
Yaani wao kulalama utadhani ni sehemu ya swala tano. Duuu kila kukicha wakatoliki wanatuonea, serikali inatuonea, vyuo vikuu hatupati nafasi. Kama walivyodai kupeleka wasimamizi wa uchaguzi katika majimbo (kwa mujibu wa mwongozo) itafikia mahala watadai WABUNGE WA KUTEULIWA WA KIISLAMU........

Last edited:

Every child is born guilty of sin vs every child is born innocent. Guilty by default vs innocent by default.

All sins are equal in the sight of God vs sins have different magnitude in the eight of God. (Stealing underwear is not the same as killing vs being the same)

Some of God's Propehts like David were adulterous (eg David in Bible) vs all of God's Prophets were righteous.

Salvation is by believing that God himself came to be whipped by men to pay the price vs faith and obedience is key to salvation.

Divorce can happen only if spouse has been unfaithful vs grounds for divorce are more than that.

Homosexuality among religious leaders is officially sactioned by Churches vs officially condemed by Islam.

God can be subjected to pain by humans (crcifiction) vs no man can harm God in any way.

God has a son and that son is God himself vs it does not befit the majesty of God that He would begot a son.

Good deeds are 'filthy rags' that will not determine salvation because salvation is by God being punished by Jews vs salvation on JUdgement day will be weighed on faith and deeds.

Celibacy is encouraged as a means to be close to God (Christianity) vs marriage is encouraged as a way to be closer to God (Islam).

God can be human 100% and God 100% vs one infinite and infite at the same time is absolutely illogical.

Keeping the commandments is not key to salvation vs keeping the commandments counts towards salvation.

Fundamental teachings in doctrines/principles plus fundamental teaching about God's attributes clarly show the 2 religions are not equal.

We are certainly not worshipping the same God so it makes no sense whatsoever to claim that there is no difference between worshippers of Allah and worshippers of Jesus.

Wakristu hawana sala ya kumwombea mwenzio mabaya (kifo) VS waislam wana swala (albadili) ya kumwombea mwenzio mabaya (kifo)

Msamehe mwenzio saba mara sabini VS Jino kwa jino

Ufe mwenyewe kwa kutetea imani ya dini VS uwa wenzio kwa kutetea imani ya dini.

We are certainly not worshipping the same God so it makes no sense whatsoever to claim that there is no difference between worshippers of Allah and worshippers of Jesus

You will be surprised.

Mkuu if they are well off as you said then why all the nonsenses noise they often make that we are behind, Tunaonewa na Wakristo, tunadhulimiwa , tunanyanyaswa na serikali, longolongo kibao.

Mkuu ninachonikera sio Nani anamiliki nini ila hizi kelele zisizoisha za kulaumu tuuuuuuuuuuu bila sababu ya msingi.

Nashangaa sana.......au ni jadi yenu kupiga makelele tu yasiyo na sababu?

Mkuu unapotoa mada kama hii ni vema uwe na suporting verses to back up your fabrications.

I did a quick 20 minutes scan on your book and came up with these

Sura 9: Verse 29 Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allah, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued
Here they are ordered to fight, kill Christians and Jews. It is a command from their GOD, so those who pretend to condemn Osama bin Laden are just Liars, deep down in their hearts they say keep it up Osama. Jizyah in this scripture is a special Tax that is supposed to be leveied on Non Muslim, if they control Nation Quran tells them to tax non Muslim until they submit to Islam, Meaning you will be taxed to poverty. These are the teachings of ´Quran´

Sura 9: Verse 5 Then when the Sacred Months (the Ist, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikun (see V.2:105) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Here is another command kill non Muslims wherever you find them, I think this is what inspires Osama and his supporters

Sura 9: Verse 38 O you who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth in the Cause of Allah (i.e. Jihad) you cling heavily to the earth? Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter? But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter.
Here Mohammed or supposedly Allah is surprised to the people who do not want to blow up themselves.

No more elaboration is needed, I think the verses expresses themselves

Last edited:
I thank you all for your commentaries...when first I stumbled on this article I could not believe my eyes if this really happened...trust me am not a muslim and I do not bend towards waht I believe in for my nationhood...when I said to rewrite our history I wanted ideas from my fellow Tanzanias as this is waht is in the heads of some of us....its true we need to find the way forward with our eprsistent problems but if others are thinking this way...oh mygod!!!

I thank you all for your commentaries...when first I stumbled on this article I could not believe my eyes if this really happened...trust me, am not a muslim and I do not bend towards what I believe in for my nationhood...when I said to rewrite our history I wanted ideas from my fellow Tanzanias as this is what is in the heads of some of us....its true we need to find the way forward with our persistent problems but if others are thinking this way...oh mygod!!!

Kila muislam mwenye elimu ndogo sana anajua historia hiyo...good brother Saeed kuiweka "kitabuni". Historia ya Tanzania haiwezi kuanzia kwa "Nyerere na kuishia kwa nyerere" .
Nyerere aliwekwa tu hapo na wenye akili na uchungu na nchi hii ya Tanzania (ambao ni muslims) siyo huyo kibaraka cha kanisa katoliki. Yanayomkuta huko kaburini kwa dhulma aliyowafanyia wazee wetu anajua yeye na Mungu wake...
Thats why hata kwenye serikali utakuta muslims fight for national interests at all levels mpaka leo lakini on other hand christians fight for christianity thats all (UDINI MTUPU) "ili tufike ni kuwafikisha mahakamani yale mazee ya kanisa na vinara wa ufisadi wanaoshirikiana na Maaskofu.

SO MUCH VERBAL DIARRHEA COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH MAN...! the reason why the GREAT Mwl Nyerere was picked was bcoz he was A BRIGHT, WISE ,EDUCATED AND AN INTELLIGENT person, whereas majority of muslims where DUMB and ILLITERATE, holders of madrasa diplomas, which r worse than standard two certificates...! NOT EVEN A SINGLE MUFTI IN THIS COUNTRY HAS ATLEAST 10% QUALITIES OF A BISHOP..!

STOP TALKING LIKE U R CHEWING WASPS, ....OTHERWISE BE OF YOUR AGE BY KEEPING QUIET...!

Last edited:
You are a disorganized lots. D'not look at christianity as your scapegoat in all your failures.

SO MUCH VERBAL DIARRHEA COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH MAN...! the reason why the GREAT Mwl Nyerere was picked was bcoz he was A BLIGHT, WISE ,EDUCATED AND AN INTELLIGENT person, whereas majority of muslims where DUMP and ILLITERATE, holders of madrasa diplomas, which r worse than standard two certificates...! NOT EVEN A SINGLE MUFTI IN THIS COUNTRY HAS ATLEAST 10% QUALITIES OF A BISHOP..!

STOP TALKING LIKE U R CHEWING WASPS, ....OTHERWISE BE OF YOUR AGE BY KEEPING QUIET...!
Thank you mwanaJF, LOOK AT THIS FACT YOU HAVE POINTED OUT ......."NOT EVEN A SINGLE MUFTI IN THIS COUNTRY HAS ATLEAST 10% QUALITIES OF A BISHOP..!". Ukweli lazima usemwe........

You will be surprised.

Yes, it true that most of the buildings at Kariakoo are owned by Muslims and that is why most of them are built below standard. This is done b/se they do not like this country hence they do not follow standards and they don't respect human dignity. It is also true that most of them evade taxes and has false declaration that is again the reason for not following standards. It is true that a few individuals are damly rich but most of the community is poor because they are selfish. If these people with all those riches give only 10% of their income to their Muslim society, they would can build more than 100 schools and several hospitals in a year. Now b/se they are not giving few of Muslims are damly rich and more are damly poor. They are not truth speakers, someone very rich do not want to show that he has been blessed by God so that he cannot offer to help his society, they spread the wrong preaches and frankly speaking the guys who are rich are the ones who are sponsoring the poor muslims on the sense that they are not given a chance for development and that is why he is poor, while the fact remain that, muslims are poor as they call themselves that way b/se of their few damly rich brothers.
You can spoil the poor man by telling him you are poor b/se of so and so instead of telling him how can he get out of the strings of being poor.
They claim to be behind in education while themselves they refused to go to school for education offered by colonialists, for the few Muslims who denied the idea and went to seminaries they are our leaders today including the current President himself (ex-seminarist).
There come the times when we stop retrogressive thinking and aggressively think forward for the betterment of our families, communities and our nation. You can't speak of the nation while can't do anything for your family or your community. You must have a strong base foundation for firm development and this starts at the family level, then community and summing all together contributes to the developed nation.
Christians and Muslims are the same in their needs and that it was meant. Our necessities are the same and our common enemies are the same. We should then address the fight of our enemies united rather than starting disintegrating ourseleves in terms of religions which as well lead to ethnicity which is even more dangerous.
We must spend our times having dialogues that take us forward as the nation and not trying to go backward from where we come from.
Lets take our current challenges: poverty, illeteracy, infrastructure, medical/health service, hunger, etc and address them. I cannot become strong by eliminating my brother but I become strong working with my brother. We are all brothers and sisters.

I thank you all for your commentaries...when first I stumbled on this article I could not believe my eyes if this really happened...trust me am not a muslim and I do not bend towards waht I believe in for my nationhood...when I said to rewrite our history I wanted ideas from my fellow Tanzanias as this is waht is in the heads of some of us....its true we need to find the way forward with our eprsistent problems but if others are thinking this way...oh mygod!!!
Umerudi kundini.........???? I believe you were mwislamu but the posted FACTS have changed you to Christian. Do not wory, you are welcome. I think, AS MORE FACTS ARE POSTED, more will follow including HAKI, JUNIUS, KANDA2, MZANGANYIKA, X-PASTER...etc

Mkuu unapotoa mada kama hii ni vema uwe na suporting verses to back up your fabrications.

I did a quick 20 minutes scan on your book and came up with these

Sura 9: Verse 29 Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allah, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued
Here they are ordered to fight, kill Christians and Jews. It is a command from their GOD, so those who pretend to condemn Osama bin Laden are just Liars, deep down in their hearts they say keep it up Osama. Jizyah in this scripture is a special Tax that is supposed to be leveied on Non Muslim, if they control Nation Quran tells them to tax non Muslim until they submit to Islam, Meaning you will be taxed to poverty. These are the teachings of ´Quran´

Sura 9: Verse 5 Then when the Sacred Months (the Ist, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikun (see V.2:105) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Here is another command kill non Muslims wherever you find them, I think this is what inspires Osama and his supporters

Sura 9: Verse 38 O you who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth in the Cause of Allah (i.e. Jihad) you cling heavily to the earth? Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter? But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter.
Here Mohammed or supposedly Allah is surprised to the people who do not want to blow up themselves.

No more elaboration is needed, I think the serves expresses themselves
PLEASE HAKI, JUNIUS, KANDA2, MZANGANYIKA, X-PASTER AND ANY OTHER MUSLIM, tell me, is this true....?????

Maelezo zaidi juu ya elimu Tanzania...from a UN research paper..hata suala la elimu kuwafavour wazanzibari lilianzanzamani...soma sasa..na Uchagga?..tusilaumu sana jamani..they are lucky and not favoured as frequently argued here!!!

Between the ages of 7 and 14 education is compulsory and free. The adult literacy rate is 68 percent, which is high for Africa. The national language is Swahili, but English is widely used in schools. Chagga, Gogo, Haya, Hehe, Sukuma, Maasai, and other languages are also spoken, but rarely used as the medium of instruction

In the 20 years preceding World War I, Germany created a three-tiered system of education. There were 60 nebenschulen (primary schools), which offered 3 years of courses in reading, writing, and arithmetic; there were also 9 hauptschulen that offered 2 additional years of vocational training. Germany built one oberschule or high school in Tanga, which offered clerical, industrial, and teacher training, as well as some academic courses. At its zenith, the high school had 500 students and 4 German teachers on its staff. Although Swahili was the language of instruction, German was offered as a foreign language. Missionaries were also encouraged to create schools for the indigenous population. By 1900, there were 600 missionary schools with a combined enrollment of over 50,000 students. In 1914, more than 95 percent of students enrolled in Tanganyika's schools were in mission schools. The number of schools had grown to over 1,000, and total enrollment climbed to 150,000 students. Government schools aimed to produce clerks, tax collectors, interpreters, artisans, and craftsmen, while missionaries aimed to produce westernized Christian converts, alienated from their own traditional culture. Since missionaries educated most Africans, it is not surprising that at independence many were hostile to traditional chiefs. Missionary schools were uncompromising spearheads of Westernization.

The German system did not educate girls because Western education began along the Muslim Coast where custom dictated that girls not be educated. It emphasized submissiveness, not enlightenment, in women.

This educational system laid a firm foundation for a national language, Kiswahili, and secular education. German administrators often corresponded in Swahili. The Germans laid a small but solid foundation for Tanzania's educational system. In 1903 there were 8 government schools and 15 mission schools. No statistics are available on the number of students in 1903. By 1911 the German colonial government had built 83 schools, while missionaries built 918 schools in Tanganyika. Government schools had 3,192 students, while missionary schools taught 63,455 students. In 1914, there were 99 German colonial government sponsored schools. By contrast, missionaries had constructed 1,852 schools. Government schools educated 6,100 students, but missionary schools educated an amazing 155,287. Clearly, missionaries educated the overwhelming majority of Tanganyikan pupils during the German colonial era.

The German system of education put emphasis on practical education and health improvement. When England took over, they were impressed by the standard of literacy reached by Tanzanian Africans, especially those who had had the opportunity to study science and math in Germany. They produced skilled workers for the German colonial enterprise. Their schools were less like the German gymnasiums, which emphasized Latin and classical learning, and more like the German Volksschule, which were geared to the general public. The British adopted the German policy of cooperation with mission schools in the fight against illiteracy.

All education stopped in Tanzania during World War I. With Germany's defeat, the victors divided the territory between Portugal, Belgium, and Britain. Britain administered what came to be known as Tanganyika, a trust territory, under a League of Nations mandate. Britain's stated educational purpose in 1920 was to develop the people, as far as possible, on their own lines and in accordance with their own values and customs. Britain allowed missionaries to play a major role in education and subsidized schools, which gave them greater control over the curriculum. The Universities Mission to Central Africa (UMCA) schools were Anglican and very British. Anglican schools had the biggest single influence on Tanzanian education during the British era. Despite this, over 80 percent of mission schools were foreign, non-British. This presented a security problem after 1926 when the League of Nations readmitted Germany, and German missionaries returned to teach in Tanzania.

The British government needed to educate the children of the local elite to make their policy of indirect rule work. They opened a special school at Tabora in 1924 for sons of chiefs. Their aim was to produce future administrators, clerks, and artisans. They created a bold experiment at the Malangali government school whereby Africans were to be helped to preserve and modify their own culture until a satisfactory adjustment was made to the Europeanized environment. Missionaries denounced this school on the grounds that tribal elders were using it to inculcate pagan, non-Christian beliefs. Their hostility caused the school to fail. Missionaries opposed also native authority schools paid for by African chiefs to train their own elite. These schools ultimately failed, too. The missionaries' goals were to produce devout, educated Christians. They were not concerned with manpower needs. Missionaries devoted attention to vocational training so that African Christians could make money to take care of themselves, as well as give to the churches. Thus, they built many ill-equipped bush schools. The British government, on the other hand, wanted to produce only as many graduates as it planned to hire for existing work.

The most critical element in the British vocational curriculum was agriculture. This quickly degenerated into school headmasters exploiting free student labor on large school farms. Parents resented this. For most African farmers, education was one way to remove themselves from harsh rural living, not a means of returning to rural areas with improved techniques and the ability to make farming pay more through the application of science. Each family felt that it needed at least one salaried person to earn money in urban areas and remit cash to village relatives. Africans did not want to return to the land, so they pressed for post primary education. The British continued the German pattern of using Swahili as the medium of instruction. The use of vernacular languages for instruction was losing ground. However, as Africans discovered that knowledge of English was associated with higher pay, English began to force out Swahili as the language of instruction in high schools and universities. Just prior to independence it was common to use English as the medium of instruction from the fourth grade on. Swahili was used in the lower grades.

Between 1923 and 1961, enrollment in Tanzanian schools can be described in the following manner. British colonial education in Tanzania in 1923 witnessed enrollments of 4,907 students in government schools. That same year mission schools educated 115,000 students and no statistics are available on Assisted schools. By 1931 British colonial schools were educating 7,505 students, while Mission schools educated 159,959; again, no statistics are available for Assisted schools. The year 1935 saw 8,105 pupils in British schools, 217,736 pupils in Mission schools, and no numbers are available on the number of pupils in Assisted schools. In 1941, there were 13,370 students in British colonial government schools, no numbers are available for Mission schools, and 26,300 students were attending Assisted schools. In the midst of World War II, British schools enrolled 17,005 students, no figures are available for Mission schools, and Assisted schools enrolled 31,200 students. A new pattern emerged when World War II ended. America entered the war based on the Atlantic Agreement, which guaranteed that if the United States helped Britain win, Britain would end colonialism and open its lucrative markets to American competition. It was not surprising, therefore, that by 1961, in preparation for independence, Mwingira reported that British government schools enrolled 486,470 students. No statistics are available on enrollments in 1961 for either Mission or Assisted schools.

On Zanzibar, the vast majority of schools were governmental schools. In some ways, Zanzibar's system compared favorably with mainland Tanganyika's. African primary school students received six years of education rather than four, and no school fees were charged on the islands; mainland children paid fees. In rural areas Africans attended primary school up to grade six, after which they went to middle school through grade eight. City students attended primary school uninterrupted from grades 1 through 8. Urban schools were better funded, had better teachers and, consequently, more children from urban schools gained entry into secondary schools. In 1958, approximately 63 percent of primary school aged urban children attended school. By contrast, in the same year, less than 35 percent of rural children attended primary school. Africans faired better on the mainland where 45 percent were in school. On the island of Pemba, only 14 percent of rural children were enrolled in school. The few missionary and private schools on the islands had a negligible influence on the educational system. For all intents and purposes Zanzibar's educational system, before the revolution, was one of the sparks that ignited revolution.

Former president Nyerere opposed a system that allowed money to buy votes and advantaged entrance into high cost, high quality schools for rich children, thus excluding the majority of students who might be just as intelligent, but lacked basic necessities. All schools became nationalized. Most colonial schools were run by missionaries and were private. Independence ushered in an era in which public schools dominated the training of Tanzania's next generation of workers, professionals, and leaders. Some ethnic groups, such as the Chagga, grew cash crops, had efficient cooperatives to help farmers succeed, and could afford a better education for their children. Other ethnic groups, like the Hadza, who hunted animals and gathered nuts and fruits for a living, were poor and had no idea what advantages an education could confer upon their children. To insure equal educational opportunities, Nyerere created a school entrance system based on ethnic quotas. He did this in the interest of fairness and to make the future workforce and leadership representative of all Tanzania's citizens. Without a doubt, this selection system excluded some bright, hard working, deserving students. It also admitted some illprepared students from other ethnic groups, but it created a national culture of inclusion, reduced ethnic tensions, made students from all ethnic groups feel that they had opportunities for advancement, and brought national stability and peace. It seems a small price to pay for the tranquility it has bought Tanzania.

United Nations' surveys of education in Tanzania reveal that in 1980 Tanzania enrolled 3,361,228 students in primary schools, 67,396 students in secondary schools and no statistics are available on university enrollment. A decade later, primary schools enrolled nearly 3.3 million students, while secondary schools enrolled 167,150 students, and Dar es Salaam University enrolled 7,468 students. The year 1996 saw these numbers increase as there were nearly 3.9 million students enrolled in primary schools, an additional 211,664 students enrolled in secondary schools, and university enrollments had doubled to 14,882. The year 1997 witnessed 4 million students enrolled in primary schools throughout Tanzania, an additional 234,743 students enrolled in secondary schools, and 17,812 students enrolled in universities in Tanzania (United Nations Statistical Yearbook 57).

The fact is this ratio is not based on religious groups but rather QUALIFICATIONS to join the institutions. Remember christians had their schools since long time ago, but unfortunately they were forcefully taken by government. Can you imagine what would have hapened if the government would have taken muslim schools...??? Despite this, christians have continued to establish more schools and as a result, they are always leading when it comes to exams results. I think one of the reasons is that christians are well organised when it comes to the following;

1. Cash management
Wakristu wapo wazi kwenye mapato na matumizi ya fedha, Hela inayopatikana (iwe kwa kuuza waraka, sadaka, miradi etc) ni mali ya kanisa, si ya askofu, kasisi, mchungaji etc

2. assets management
Mali za kanisani za wakristu wote kwa ujumla na si za mtu mmoja mmoja. majengo ya makanisa huwa yanafuata process nyingi za kisheria kabla ya kufikia kujengwa. Ndiyo maana ni mara chache sana kukuta kanisa limebomolewa kwa kupisha utility service yoyote ile iwe barabara, umeme n.k. Wakristu hawa hawatumii makanisa kama sehemu ya kupigia story. Hivi sasa nenda misikitini, utakuwakuta waislamu wengi wapo msikitini lakini hakuna wanachofanya zaidi ya kupiga story tu.

IT DOES NOT GET IN MY HEAD THAT MTU MMOJA AU WACHACHE WAMEWEZA KUUZA KILE KIWANJA ALICHONUNUA MANJI, NA WENGINE MJE MGUNDUE MIAKA KADHAA BAADAYE......... hii inaonyesha jinsi ambavyo hamzijui assets zenu.

QUESTIONS
- WHOM DO YOU WANT TO ORGANISE MUSLIM SCHOOLS...???? They are poorly organised simply because owners themselves are not organised.
- WHOM DO YOU WANT TO EQUIP MUSLIM SCHOOLS...???? Muslim schools are poorly equipped due to the fact that owners are not serious with what facilities they want to see in their schools.

Mkuu maneno mazito sana hasa hayo yenye rangi nyekundu

Mkuu if they are well off as you said then why all the nonsenses noise they often make that we are behind, Tunaonewa na Wakristo, tunadhulimiwa , tunanyanyaswa na serikali, longolongo kibao.

Mkuu ninachonikera sio Nani anamiliki nini ila hizi kelele zisizoisha za kulaumu tuuuuuuuuuuu bila sababu ya msingi.

Nashangaa sana.......au ni jadi yenu kupiga makelele tu yasiyo na sababu?

KUlalamika sio ushahidi wa umasikini. Hata tajiri anaweza kudhulumiwa na kulalamika.

Unaweza kumuibia mwajiri/tajiri na akalalamika vilevile. Tumia takwimu kupima umasikini sio kigezo cha mlalamikaji.

Back
Top Bottom