Imebainika, Rashford na Pogba walikataa kitambaa cha unahodha

JanguKamaJangu

JF-Expert Member
Feb 7, 2022
Siku chache tangu aliyekuwa Kocha wa Manchester United, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer kunukuliwa akisema kuna wachezaji wawili walikataa cheo cha unahodha wakati wa utawala wake imegundulika kuwa mastaa hao ni Marcus Rashford na Paul Pogba.

Imeelezwa Pogba alikataa kwa kuwa alikuwa na mpango wa kuondoka, Rashford alidai hajawa tayari kwa cheo hicho, baada ya miezi muda ndipo Ole akaamua kumkabidhi Harry Maguire cheo hicho.

===== ======

Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba ‘turned down Man Utd captaincy’ after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer offered them both armband

MARCUS RASHFORD and Paul Pogba turned down the Manchester United captaincy, sources say.

The duo were both offered the role by then boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer — but snubbed it for different reasons.

In a no-holds-barred interview this week Solskjaer said he was “disappointed” when two players rejected the armband.

However he refused to name names.

Now a source has revealed: “Paul Pogba was offered it but said he wanted to leave the club so turned it down.

“Rashford was also asked to take the captaincy but he said he didn’t think he was ready for it.”

Speaking earlier this week, Solskjaer rounded on the players he thinks caused his reign at Old Trafford to implode in November 2021.

The Norwegian, who wants a return to management, said: “Some weren’t as good as their own perception of themselves.

“I won’t name names but I was very disappointed when a couple turned down the chance to be captain.

“I was also disappointed when others said they wouldn’t play or train because they wanted to force their way out.”

Solskjaer took charge as caretaker at Old Trafford in December 2018 before he was offered the job on a permanent basis in March 2019.

At the time, Antonio Valencia was skipper.

When the Ecuadorian left the club at the end of the 2018-19 season, the armband went to England full-back Ashley Young.

But Young departed just six months later to join Inter Milan — and Solskjaer appointed Harry Maguire as captain.

Source: The Sun

“I won’t name names but I was very disappointed when a couple turned down the chance to be captain

Back
Top Bottom