How to create an interactive map using jQuery & coffeescript

zech

JF-Expert Member
Jan 1, 2011
I was recently requested to write as a guest blogger on one of Kenya's top web design / development company Skyline Design (SKYLINE FILMS AND TV (KENYA) LIMITED - (OFFICIAL) HOME PAGE), i agreed to do some write up on their blog and my first post was a tutorial which was just published this morning on how to create an interactive map using jQuery see demo here. As a bonus i also released the code free for anybody to downolad, so if you are interested in learning follow the link below
Code:
[url=http://skylinedesign.co.ke/how-to-create-an-interactive-map-with-jquery/]How To Create an Interactive Map with jQuery · Chronicles of Martians[/url]

Hey, thanks man, i'm glad you liked it [MENTION]C6[/MENTION]

I have bookmarked the link, i will pass through it when i have an ample time... it seems to be good..
Keep it up... "Sharing is Caring"

I have bookmarked the link, i will pass through it when i have an ample time... it seems to be good..
Keep it up... "Sharing is Caring"
No worries man, if you find anything confusing just drop in a comment and i will explain

Nimetembelea hiyo site ulikofanya hiyo blog post nimekuta wanatumia DISQUS kama comment plugin kitu kinanifanya niamini hiyo site ni ya wordpress.

Kwa wale wanaotumia wordpress na ni wavivu ku-code kama mimi kuna software/plugin ambayo ipo kwenye mfumo wa WYSWYG kwamba ni plug and play huhitaji ku-code chochote ndani ya dk 5 ushamaliza kazi. Link ya hiyo plugin ni hii: WordPress › Interactive Maps « WordPress Plugins

Nimetembelea hiyo site ulikofanya hiyo blog post nimekuta wanatumia DISQUS kama comment plugin kitu kinanifanya niamini hiyo site ni ya wordpress.

Kwa wale wanaotumia wordpress na ni wavivu ku-code kama mimi kuna software/plugin ambayo ipo kwenye mfumo wa WYSWYG kwamba ni plug and play huhitaji ku-code chochote ndani ya dk 5 ushamaliza kazi. Link ya hiyo plugin ni hii: WordPress › Interactive Maps « WordPress Plugins

Yes that site is a custom wordpress theme, na hao jamaa wanadesign wordpress themes from scratch, however DISQUS works on any site hata ambayo sio wordpress, mfano on my website, www.dstl.co.tz on the blog section, i have integrated DISQUS and my website in not powered by wordpress, so you can use it on any website.

Anyways, the tutorial was intended to show how to create an interactive map using jQuery / coffeescript, so nadhani watu ambao sio wavivu watakua wamenufaika, maana not all websites are going to be powered by wordpress(i.e the plugin way won't work for them) also, kuna some css position tricks on the tutorial which can also be helpful to designers who like to "scratch their own itch", no?

Mkuu ukitengeneza wordpress site from the scratch bado hakuiondowi hiyo website kuwa ni ya wordpress na kama wanaweza kudesign site nzima from the scratch kwanini wasidesign pia comment system from scratch? hapo ndiyo ujuwe tunategemeana, huwezi kila kitu ukafanya from the scratch kama ambavyo imetokea kwa hao jamaa.

Yes that site is a custom wordpress theme, na hao jamaa wanadesign wordpress themes from scratch, however DISQUS works on any site hata ambayo sio wordpress, mfano on my website, www.dstl.co.tz on the blog section, i have integrated DISQUS and my website in not powered by wordpress, so you can use it on any website.

Anyways, the tutorial was intended to show how to create an interactive map using jQuery / coffeescript, so nadhani watu ambao sio wavivu watakua wamenufaika, maana not all websites are going to be powered by wordpress(i.e the plugin way won't work for them) also, kuna some css position tricks on the tutorial which can also be helpful to designers who like to "scratch their own itch", no?

Mkuu ukitengeneza wordpress site from the scratch bado hakuiondowi hiyo website kuwa ni ya wordpress na kama wanaweza kudesign site nzima from the scratch kwanini wasidesign pia comment system from scratch? hapo ndiyo ujuwe tunategemeana, huwezi kila kitu ukafanya from the scratch kama ambavyo imetokea kwa hao jamaa.

Fadhili umeshinda, lets not argue here. This post was/is about a tutorial on how to create an interactive map using jQuery & coffeescript that i wrote as a guest on that website, which i thought could be helpful to others that are willing to learn or contribute to the article, so you win my brother.

Mkuu zech, hongera sana kwa hii kitu na shukrani kwa share ujuzi kuna kitu nataka kufanya kama hicho nitakucheki kwa pm ili tushauriane

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom