How do you treat Social Anxiety Disorder?

Tin-Tin

Oct 4, 2012
Habari zenu wakuu, nilikuwa naomba mnijulishe ni jinsi gani mtu anaweza akautreat ugonjwa wa Social Anxiety Disorder coz nina mdogo wangu ambaye I think anao coz dogo ana aibu ile mbaya hadi inafikia point anaogopa oppposite sex(females), so naomba mnisaidie coz nasikia huu ugonjwa unaweza ukastimulate mawazo ya kujiua.Help me, I still like my brother.

How To Cure Social Anxiety Disorder Naturally

3988965_f260.jpg

With all the current concerns over the long term effects of psychiatric drugs, many people today are wondering how to cure social anxiety disorder naturally. With all the advertising online, on television, and in the print media, people who suffer from social anxiety disorder may come to believe the only quick and effective treatment for their condition is prescription medication.

3988976_f260.jpg

The problems with drugs.

While drugs to treat social anxiety disorder can be effective in the short term, the long-term effectiveness of these drugs has not been proven. In addition, all psychiatric medications have the possibility of long-term physical effects including insomnia, sexual dysfunction, weight gain, and problems with blood pressure. Then, there is the fact that some people have a physical resistance to psychiatric medication which renders any such treatment for their social anxiety disorder ineffective.
Given all these factors, it is no wonder that some people with social anxiety disorder would rather suffer than take psychiatric medication. But such suffering is unnecessary. Social anxiety disorder can be effectively treated—and cured—with a variety of natural means. None of these natural methods is as fast-acting as medication, but it can avoid some rather unfortunate short and long term side effects.

Therapy.

Unlike some mental disorders, social anxiety disorder can be effectively treated with some form of talk therapy. Studies have

shown that the therapeutic approach known as Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is most effective in treating social anxiety disorder. In CBT, the patient learns various techniques to “reprogram” their thought processes to dispute irrational thoughts and

beliefs. These thoughts and beliefs are the ones that lead the individual to perceive different social situations as threatening and therefore anxiety producing. These beliefs, over time, become the primary way they have of reacting to situations. In CBT, a patient

suffering from social anxiety disorder learns to replace the irrational thoughts and beliefs with new, rational thoughts and beliefs.

The new way of thinking is learned step-by-step over time. Gradually the sufferer's perceptions of social situations changes from a negative view to a positive view. Then, over time, they begin to put into practice their new set of thoughts and beliefs in a variety of

social situations; this is the behavioral aspect. The gradual exposure to feared social situations continues until the person no longer fears them. This part is often done as part of a group therapy situation in which a group of people with social anxiety disorder practice social situations of gradually increasing levels of stress. Eventually, the person either learns to better manage their social anxiety disorder or is cured of it altogether.

Alternative treatments.

In addition to Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy there are a variety of other natural treatments for social anxiety disorder that people have found effective. Progressive relaxation and coping techniques are often taught as part of a course of cognitive-behavioral

therapy. There are a variety of herbal or homeopathic remedies available that offer the same benefits as conventional psychiatric medication, but without the disturbing side effects. These herbal treatments include Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm), Lavender,

and Passiflora Incarnata; these have been shown to soothe the mind and calm the nerves. Other herbal treatments such as Hypericum perforatum and St. John's Wort have been clinically shown to be as effective as many conventional antidepressants. Over time these herbal remedies can balance a person's brain chemistry and prevent the overwhelming symptoms of anxiety from occurring in the first place.

Lifestyle changes can help.

In addition to CBT, relaxation techniques, and various herbal remedies, there are other things someone who suffers with social anxiety disorder can do to help themselves recover:

• Don't use alcohol or illicit drugs. Some people drink to help them in a stressful situation, particularly a party. This temporary means of coping can have long-lasting and destructive consequences.
  • Avoid stimulants such as alcohol, drugs, caffeine, and foods high in sugar. These can increase the likelihood of an anxiety attack.
  • Get regular exercise. This releases endorphins, which elevates mood, while burning up adrenaline, which can increase stress.
  • · Create goals for yourself that are manageable. Rather than deciding to go to the office Christmas party as your first step, decide to be the first to say hello to someone or maintain eye contact during a conversation.
  • Live a healthy lifestyle. Eat a well-balanced diet, get enough sleep, and exercise. It's easy to forget that social anxiety disorder, like all mental disorders, is the result of an imbalance in the brain—as much a physical organ as the heart. Keeping a healthy body will help keep your brain healthy and help you overcome your disorder.
  • Get support from others. The worse thing a person can do when they struggle with something like social anxiety disorder is to suffer alone. Share with family or a close friend what you are going through and ask them for help. If you don't have any family nearby or a close friend, consider joining a support group of people who suffer from social anxiety disorder.
These are just a few recommendations for treating your social anxiety disorder without resorting to potentially dangerous psychiatric medications. Whatever treatment option you choose, the important thing is to seek treatment NOW. There is no reason for you to suffer anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
ana umri gani brother wako?
kama anasoma shule, ni ya namna gani? single sex or co-education?
je ni shule ya day au boarding?
ni activities za namna gani ambazo ur brother engages himself in?

i belieif u know ur family better than we do, tell me, katika family tree yenu, kuna yeyote ambaye alikuwa na tatizo hilo au bado anaonekana kuwa nalo?

sorry for too many questions asked ila nina maana yangu kuuliza.

Umeona?!! hapo ndo uamini maji ni uhai na kwamba ni lazima tusisubiri kiu ndipo tuyanywe!. Kazi za maji mwilini | maajabuyamaji.net

Ni kweli mkuu maana mie ni mnywaji maji mengi tangu zamani bila ushauri imetokea lakini kiukweli mbali ya kuugua mafua (ambayo ni nina allergy endapo nitapita sehemu yenye vumbi laini) but magonjwa mengi ya kawaida hayanipati sana na kama yakinipata sichoki sana baada ya muda nina gain

Habari zenu wakuu, nilikuwa naomba mnijulishe ni jinsi gani mtu anaweza akautreat ugonjwa wa Social Anxiety Disorder coz nina mdogo wangu ambaye I think anao coz dogo ana aibu ile mbaya hadi inafikia point anaogopa oppposite sex(females), so naomba mnisaidie coz nasikia huu ugonjwa unaweza ukastimulate mawazo ya kujiua.Help me, I still like my brother.
kama bado hujapata msaada niinbox. hope he get well soon

Toka naye mara nyingi kama unaweza kufanya hivyo, na waombe warembo/njemba wakusaidie kwa kuanza kumuongelesha dogo mambo mbali mbali yanayomuhusu ambayo unadhani hatajisikia vibaya kuyasema mbele za watu. Pia sehemu za starehe (clubs za kujirusha) huwasaidia sana watu kama hawa kupunguza aibu zao au kuziondoa kabisa ila asifanye hivyo kwa kutumia kilevi awe mkavu mkavu kama ni mtu anapenda muziki basi haitachukua muda utaona improvement kubwa sana. Haya madawa wala usihangaike nayo mengine yana side effects mbaya sana please stay away from them. Kila la heri.

Huo ugonjwa upo kwa watu wengi lkn unatofautiana viwango...kuna namna nyngi za kumsaidia dogo...lkn nakushaur aende kwa mtaalam wa psychologia atapata Msaada mkubwa na anaweza ondokana na hyo shda.

Back
Top Bottom