Help to Merge partitioned Hard Disk C:\ , D:\

Mpendanchi-2

JF-Expert Member
Apr 4, 2009
I partitioned my laptop which was originally 80GB C:\ into drive C:\ 25 GB and Drive D;\ 55GB using Magic partition software.

Drive C I use only for program files, But it seem is almost full !! It remain only with 4 GB free space!! difficult for me to add more programs , But the D: drive still have much space about 30GB free space.

Now I want to transfer some free space back to drive C: at least to have 15 GB free space for programs and remaining with litle in D: just for storage of which I may use also external drive.

I tried to use the same Magic partitioning ( merge drive), it seems to run well and finishes all procedures but when you start back the computer nothing has changed!!. I still see all the two drives!!

Please any one to help this merging of drives or just transfer of free space back to C:

I hope when you wanted to merge the drives, Drive D: was empty, I don't use Partition magic much but i do remember some stuff. If you wish to follow my procedures u'll have to delete everything on Drive D:

Refer to below :-

1. Go to the Start menu and open Control Panel
2. Select the System and Maintenance option if you are using the Control Panel Home View and Administrative Tools if you are using the Classic View
3. In the Administrative Tools section, select Create and format disk partitions.
4. For Classic View users, select the Computer Management option and select Storage. When done, click Disk Management
5. When the list of your drive is displayed, choose the one with which you want to merge your partitioned drive with (e.g. disk D:) and select Delete Volume.
6. Hence, select your drive C: and the option Extend Volume. Your computer will automatically select empty available spaces on your hard disk, and you can alter them if you wish to do so.

***Don't forget to backup your stuff***
cheers

Last edited:
Mpendanchi-2,
Ni muhimu ukafanya backup ya data zako muhimu kabla ya kuendelea ku-resize hizo partitions.

Kwa baadae, ukifanya OS re-installation ni bora ukaacha kutumia third-party partitioning softwares like PMagic. Hizi software zina msaada pale unahitaji kuweka multiple OS kwenye computer yako. Zaidi ya hapo, it is not worth using - maana unaongeza uwezekano wa human error hata kupoteza data muhimu wakati unapofanya changes kama vile partition resize.

Ukisha anza kutumia PMagic, si vyema kutumia pia Windows tools (Disk Management) kufanya partitioning usije kwama.

I partitioned my laptop which was originally 80GB C:\ into drive C:\ 25 GB and Drive D;\ 55GB using Magic partition software.

Drive C I use only for program files, But it seem is almost full !! It remain only with 4 GB free space!! difficult for me to add more programs , But the D: drive still have much space about 30GB free space.

Now I want to transfer some free space back to drive C: at least to have 15 GB free space for programs and remaining with litle in D: just for storage of which I may use also external drive.

I tried to use the same Magic partitioning (merge drive), it seems to run well and finishes all procedures but when you start back the computer nothing has changed!!. I still see all the two drives!!

Please any one to help this merging of drives or just transfer of free space back to C:
Merge hutumika pale unapotaka kuunganisha drives mbili kuwa moja. Mfano Drive D and F, merge will combine those to be one drive.
You should use "resize" command instead. Ila kabla hujaendelea - fanya backup ya data zako.

Hebu tizama My Documents pamoja na Desktop utuambie zina ukubwa gani. Moving files from these locations to drive D is perhaps a more suitable option kwa tatizo lako.

Merge hutumika pale unapotaka kuunganisha drives mbili kuwa moja. Mfano Drive D and F, merge will combine those to be one drive.
You should use "resize" command instead. Ila kabla hujaendelea - fanya backup ya data zako.

Hebu tizama My Documents pamoja na Desktop utuambie zina ukubwa gani. Moving files from these locations to drive D is perhaps a more suitable option kwa tatizo lako.

My Document folder nilihamisha ina save data kwenye D DRIVE. , only desktop ndiyo inasave kwenye C drive, na nimehamisha vitu vyote ina lesaa than 100MB. Nilitaka ni combine C and D ili nipate hiyo free space

I hope when you wanted to merge the drives, Drive D: was empty, I don't use Partition magic much but i do remember some stuff. If you wish to follow my procedures u'll have to delete everything on Drive D:

Refer to below :-

1. Go to the Start menu and open Control Panel
2. Select the System and Maintenance option if you are using the Control Panel Home View and Administrative Tools if you are using the Classic View
3. In the Administrative Tools section, select Create and format disk partitions.
4. For Classic View users, select the Computer Management option and select Storage. When done, click Disk Management
5. When the list of your drive is displayed, choose the one with which you want to merge your partitioned drive with (e.g. disk D:) and select Delete Volume.
6. Hence, select your drive C: and the option Extend Volume. Your computer will automatically select empty available spaces on your hard disk, and you can alter them if you wish to do so.

***Don't forget to backup your stuff***
cheers

Thank u mheshimiwa ngoja nijaribu nitakupa jibu

Back
Top Bottom