mkuu ni kweli no easy na nba hakuna mweupe akupe mihela kama ile alafu aone una under perfom...si umeona walivyona ana perfom chini ya matarajio yao wakaanza kumpeleka d league....kwani hasheem mwaka wa ngapi yuko NBA? angalia wenzake wanavyo shine....walau si awe kama blake grifin lakini basi awe anacheza basi hata game....yeye kawa ni shabiki wa wenzake benchi na wakati mwingine hata benchi hapewi nafasi ya kukaa.......Kwa wale ambao wamekuwa wakifuatilia ligi ya NBA ambayo Hasheem anacheza kama mtanzania pekee watakuwa wanajua ugumu wa ligi, tatizo letu wengi tunaponda tu pasipokujua ukweli halisi wa mambo, kumbukeni Hasheem bado ni bwa mdogo tu na anahitaji muda kuhimili vishindo vya ligi hiyo, msifikiri ni Kili RBA,NBA ni ligi ngumu hata kupata nafasi ya kucheza dk hizo alizocheza anaonyesha kwamba anaweza kwa hiyo mpeni muda bado ana nafasi ya kukua katika ligi hiyo na kujifunza zaidi.
All The Best Hasheem.
Hapa hatuongelei maisha yake, hayatuhusu; kinachotuhusu sisi ni kazi yake, na ndy maana tunajadili kiwango chake!
Haya tupe ujuzi unaandaaje mwingine?
consensus among whom? They didn't "take a punt on him," they went for fourth down in their own red zone and fumbled by drafting him second. If you take a risk on something you didn't "take a punt"!...I think the consensus was you take a punt on him
oh, unquestionably, you are patently wrong!so I could be absolutely wrong.
NBA ni ngumu sawa lakini kama alivyosema mdau hapo awali compare him and his draft class-mates, especially those picked behind him, and his performances leave a lot to be desired. Now I'm not saying he should be an ALL-STAR by now like Blake Griffin, but he should be playing way more minutes than he is playing right now especially for a team like The Rockets who lack 'Big Men'. On the other hand, to be fair to Hasheem, he was definitely drafted so high mainly because of his potential and not his overall game. I think the consensus was you take a punt on him and in a few years with some directions and coaching you get a big defensive type of center in the mold of Dike Mutombo. My only concern is that over the last two (now halfway into the third) season he's shown no significant improvement, based on this I can see why people are skeptical of whether he can still turn around. Another thing is the years left on his contract and whether he'll be able to get the kind of money he is getting now when and if he gets a new contract. I for one think he should have stayed in college for his senior year. It would have allowed him extra time to improve his overall game, but then understandably his draft stock was so high at the time I probably would have declared too if I were him. Please note the above observations are opionions based on how I see things and not neccesarily the whole picture so I could be absolutely wrong.
consensus among whom? They didn't "take a punt on him," they went for fourth down in their own red zone and fumbled by drafting him second. If you take a risk on something you didn't "take a punt"!
oh, unquestionably, you are patently wrong!
It was common consensus among the pundits and experts who analyzed the draft class that year. Trust me I followed that draft class year more than any other besides the 2003 draft class. It was supposedly one of the weakest classes (for 'Big Men') beyond the unquestionable first pick (Blake Griffin) that's why any pick beyond the first one was looked at as a punt. Read up on it. As for the expression 'taking a punt', correct me if I'm wrong ( which I'm not) but it means taking a gamble on something (What does take a punt mean). Clever use of American football terms though :biggrin:.
As for being "patently wrong", that is as far as you are concerned. Thus my initial disclaimer about being right (or inversely wrong) due to how we choose to look at things. In short, I'm right
It's interesting how u try to put forth ur biased journalistic assumptions in a fairly poised and balanced tone but yet claim authority.... then in the end, u have sort of dichotomous views when u say, for example...
"...so I could be absolutely wrong" – "In short, I'm right"
"...correct me if I'm wrong" – "which I'm not"
Interesting!
"...correct me if I'm wrong" - was meant to be sarcasm
"which I'm not" - was in case one missed the sarcasm. Looking it over now perhaps I should have left as it was.
As for the other example, Its funny that you brought it up because a friend of mine who read the post while I was replying brought up the same point. And my response to her was that I put forth a very thinly disguised biased argument just to come across balanced but there is no question as to where as I stand on the issue; Hasheem needs to work harder. I did take a bit of a leap in claiming"authority" in my second post simply because I was playing to what Anheuser tried to do, which was refute an argument without providing a proper counterargument (A bit amateurish on my part) .
I know what u mean but was just trying to read btn the lines... to me he looks like someone who knows what he's doing and am sure his game will pick up....what i dislike about all the criticism is that (if i put myself in his shoes) besides the money, it puts too much pressure on him....he has to enjoy his game and that's why i said we should let him live his life. if a Tanzanian joins the English premier league, it is not a "must" that he becomes another drogba, balloteli, etc...we have different levels of excellence for whatever we do and these are subject to variables which may be beyond our control at a particular point in time... that's why comparison of players does not make much sense to me but journalists like this...... let's be a bit positive and encourage him ....after all, he has already made history for TZ.. he's our only superstar so far so lets encourage him and see how far it goes...take an example of the reporting on andy murray, it's mostly positive and he keeps improving day after day cause the brits (and their sponsorships) wants one of their own on top...they do the same to lace Hamilton, he's not doing well these days but the media clings to him....
Haya tupe ujuzi unaandaaje mwingine?
Kama anapita hapa,au kuna mdau wake wa karibu atamwambia,hata Jokate pia
hv mlimsaidia hasheem kwenda college au NBA thats his own effort to reach where he is,and the beneficiaries re his family,jst leave him alone couse his doin his job,and je angepelekwa na TZ kuchezea NBA mngesemaje,na siku zote ukimuongelea mtu huwa unagusa mpaka kazi zake mlimtafutia,acheni maneno yasiyo na msingi wangapi wamecheza kikapu wakina balongo mpaka leo hawaja kanyaga NBA,NBA its nat a joke if u think u cn do better than him in any field try and we will grade u to wat ur doin,stop roporopo.
Hapo kwenye red..Humu jf kuna vituko ati jamaa bado ni Mdogo?Kwa wale ambao wamekuwa wakifuatilia ligi ya NBA ambayo Hasheem anacheza kama mtanzania pekee watakuwa wanajua ugumu wa ligi, tatizo letu wengi tunaponda tu pasipokujua ukweli halisi wa mambo, kumbukeni Hasheem bado ni bwa mdogo tu na anahitaji muda kuhimili vishindo vya ligi hiyo, msifikiri ni Kili RBA,NBA ni ligi ngumu hata kupata nafasi ya kucheza dk hizo alizocheza anaonyesha kwamba anaweza kwa hiyo mpeni muda bado ana nafasi ya kukua katika ligi hiyo na kujifunza zaidi.
All The Best Hasheem.