Germany wants ICC supects Uhuru and Ruto barred

Ab-Titchaz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2008
Germany wants ICC suspects barred

germany200812.jpg

German minister Dirk Niebel and German ambassador to Kenya Margit Hellwig-Boette toured Karagita, Naivasha, on Sunday.

Germany has expressed concern over the move by two ICC suspects to vie for presidency.

Visiting German Minister for Economic Co-operation and Development Mr Dirk Niebel said Kenya would be in a hard place if one of the suspects were to be elected and later found guilty.

In an apparent reference to Deputy Prime Minister Uhuru Kenyatta and Eldoret North MP William Ruto, he said that all post election violence suspects must be charged in order for the victims to get justice. Niebel said that the country should not give room for impunity.

"Though the suspects are innocent until proven guilty, Kenya could face difficulties if one of the suspects was elected and later found guilty for crimes committed during the trial," he said.

He called for full investigations into the violence that rocked the country after the controversial 2007 elections. Niebel said that German government fully supported ICC adding that Kenyans did not want to see a reoccurrence of the PEV.

Dismissed cases

He called on the Truth Justice and Reconciliation Commission (TJRC) to make sure that its report on the elections was out before the upcoming general elections so that the outcomes could be addressed by the public.

Niebel called for a free and fair election adding that his country would donate €1,000,000 towards the exercise.

On IDPs, the minister expressed his concern that they were yet to be resettled which was a necessary step.

Niebel was addressing the press in Lake Naivasha Country club after touring Karagita and Kiandege villages in Naivasha which were hardest hit by the PEV.
German ambassador to Kenya Margit Hellwig-Boette also showed concern over the move to dismiss hundreds of PEV cases.

Standard Digital News : Kenya : Germany wants ICC suspects barred

WHAT DID HILLARY CLINTON SAY?

Hillary-Clinton.jpg

It is crystal clear that Madam Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has specifically ‘requested' that Neither Mr.Kenyatta nor Mr. Ruto should be on the ballot box in March.

"The US Secretary of State has told the government that Mr Kenyatta and I are not supposed to run. She has also hinted that America will impose sanctions on us if we participate in the polls and win. This is dictatorship," said Mr. Ruto."It is not for foreigners nor for the courts to decide who should vie for the presidency, it is up to the over
40 million Kenyans," said Mr. Kenyatta.

The questions that an investor [both Local and International] need to ask;

1. Will either be on the ballot?
2. Do either have a chance of winning?
3. What will be the consequences and the blowback?
4. Is the national interest something higher than thecandidacy of either?

The question of sovereignty is actually a red herring.If you are popping a lot of qualudes then maybe, you believe we are entirely sovereign.
The world is all about the power equation and I am afraid we are a tiny little tadpole swimming with the sharks. The consequences of going toe to toe with the US, is to be seen in the end of Colonel Muammar Gaddafi.
And that end flashed around the world on Twitter, YouTube and the mobile phone. Today, the US has pointed an enormous amount of hard power at its other nemesis Ayatollah Khamenei.

Iran is cut off from SWIFT, they can only trade by barter. Iran has over $100b in reserves. We have between 1%-2% of that.The US does not countenance peer competitors. Any student of Geopolitics can tell you that. Are we even a peer competitor? If you look back over the last century of American power, you will notice that its been all about access to hydrocarbons.

I have mentioned for a while that I believe the last energy prize in this c21st of ours, is right here on the Eastern seaboard of Africa.
The resource runs from Maputo through Mogadishu and all points in between. Apache Corp announced Friday that they are going
to start to drilling off shore; "Spudding is imminent," Barry Rushworth, CEO of Pancontinental Oil and Gas, one of Apache's partners with a stake in the block, said in an email to Reuters.

The United States is not going to walk away and China might have bucketloads of cash but they do not have the hard power to protect our backs. In fact, the US has begun to encircle China.The consequences of being sanctioned by the United States are simply unconcionable. The economy will crater.

Shares go up and down and readers are advised that this
column represents Mr Satchu's personal opinions.

http://www.rich.co.ke/media/docs/036NSX1308-2.pdf

Ninashangaa sana kuona umoja Marekani na Ujerumani wnakuwa nao ikija mambo ya nchi za Afrika. kama vile walivyomtumia SAvimbi na kumtupa. Hata huyo Jimama sio signatories wa ICC na anongelea kwa niaba ya ICC

Ninashangaa sana kuona umoja Marekani na Ujerumani wnakuwa nao ikija mambo ya nchi za Afrika. kama vile walivyomtumia SAvimbi na kumtupa. Hata huyo Jimama sio signatories wa ICC na anongelea kwa niaba ya ICC

I know where you are going with this ICC thing but lets not do a red herring move here.

Kwani what the US and Germany are saying does not hold water?

I hate to see KE become a pariah state if one of these two muscle their way to the Presidency of the Jamhuri.

I know where you are going with this ICC thing but lets not do a red herring move here.

Kwani what the US and Germany are saying does not hold water?

I hate to see KE become a pariah state if one of these two
muscle their way to the Presidency of the Jamhuri.
The ICC has not tried them to find whether they are guilty.

The ICC has not tried them to find whether they are guilty.
meanwhile they have to step aside from their ambitious to the Harambee House to answer their charges at the ICC! The chances of being found guilt r 50-50!

Back
Top Bottom