Gavana wa Mombasa asema hawako tayari kuona Bandari yao inabinafsishwa

johnthebaptist

JF-Expert Member
May 27, 2014
Gavana wa Mombasa Mh Nassir amesema hawako tayari kuona Bandari yao inabinafsishwa Kifala fala

Nasir amemtaka Rais Ruto akabinafsishe Shirika la Ndege Ili Midege iongezeke

Source: Mwanzo TV

Kwako FaizaFoxy 😂 ft Chalamila

---

Mombasa Governor Abdullswamad Sherrif Nassir has reaffirmed his stance that the county will not yield to plans by the national government to privatise the Port of Mombasa.

Speaking in the port city on Tuesday, the first-term governor reiterated that the county leadership will not surrender the port to a private entity under any circumstances.

"Why can't they go and privatize Kenya Airways so that other planes can also land here? Whenever we ask about that we are told it's being looked into," he said.

The governor warned that privatisation of the port will lead to the loss of job opportunities for local youths.

He said leaders in Western Kenya have united to oppose plans to privatise sugar millers in the region, a unity he said Mombasa leaders should emulate and reject the planned privatisation of the port.

He said he started opposing plans to privatise the port when serving as Mvita MP and will continue doing so even as the county boss.

"There are some in my government who is telling me 'go, slow governor, lest you spoil for us'. I want to ask one question, the ministers are here, and public board members are here. Please tell me, what has the national government done for the people of Mombasa?" he posed.

"Even this water you see here, if some had the means, they would have already sold it."

Abdullswamad said the national government needs to come clean on what the people of Mombasa will stand to benefit in the alleged impending privatisation of their port.

"The people of Mombasa cannot be taken for granted, they elected leaders and even if they are not in your political coalition, they are in the coalition that is the heart of Mombasa.

"We are not dead, we will master the voice of the people against the voice of dictatorship in this country. Never ever take us for granted," he said.

Source: Governor Nassir tells off State over privatisation of port

Back
Top Bottom