Gambia The Small Country with Oversized Guts (Conspiracy to re-colonize Africa)

Akwaba

Sep 26, 2010
Gambia said Saturday that `it does not recognize as president Alassane Ouattara from Cote d` Ivoire after his predecessor, Laurent Gbagbo, was arrested with the help of UN and French forces.

"The government will not recognize any President, President Ouattara included, neither an African government that has been imposed by forces outside the African continent, no matter the reason, "says a
statement.

The Gambian government said that "according to the Ivorian constitution," Laurent Gbagbo is "the legitimate president of Cote d` Ivoire. "It can not be found then that` Alassane Ouattara, Ivorian President chosen by the international community, is still unpunished after massacring thousands of civilians, only to be president. Gambia is a small country surrounded by Senegal. "The only solution to avoid a protracted civil war in Cote d` Ivoire (...) Is to reorganize an election as soon as possible, "recommends the text published by the office of President Yahya Jammeh.

"It's TODAY very clear to all Africans that the conspiracy to re-colonize Africa is real and that we must oppose it" added.

Gbagbo was proclaimed elected president on 28 November at a price of war with the forces of Mr. Ouattara, who was recognized President legitimate by the UN and the international community.

http://www.expatica.com/fr/news/french-news/gambia-spurns-ouattara-as-i-coast-president_143060.html

Huyu raisi wa Gambia ni Captain Yahaya Jammie aliingia madarakani kwa njia ya mapinduzi haweze kuwa na uzito sana,japokuwa hii issue ya Ivory Coast inautata,kuna harufu kama ya ukoloni mamboleo hivi

angepeleka majeshi yake kumsadidia basi pumbafu kabisa
So was the colonization of Africa a good or bad thing according to you. We go roads, railway tracks, airports and were protected by our masters. You know in Rwanda after the genocide and things stabilized the U.N. wanted to put the country under its authority. Kagame said No. They pushed hard, Kagame pushed harder! Now, look at Rwanda. In a later article I will explain clearly why this is happening. The bottom line is USA, and Europe is bankrupt.

But this does not matter if they control the resources. Africa has immense resources get it.

It is disguised as helping and human rights, but really it is a resource grab. They will improve governance, improve transportation, improve Africa alot but they will take a massive cut in exchange. Think of it as an administrators fee

Huyu Yahya Jammeh yeye ndie anatakiwa ajiuzulu kwanza kwa manufaa ya Bara la Africa!

Yes, he is no Angel either. But that is the point. They are few Angels. Even in Asia in the 1970-80's their governments were more ruthless than African governments today. But the question is would they be in a position to outdo the west at their own game if they were being managed as a puppet state. You see I am worried about precedent.

You see they way the World works. Once you do something once for a very good reason. You can do it again for a less good reason and so on. Untill you get to do it for no reason. This is why in America the free speech laws are the way they are and they get to burn the flag and say whatever they want.
Because they know, once they allow an exception the list will just keep on growing

Even in Asia in the 1970-80's their governments were more ruthless than African governments today.
If I understand you correctly here, you want to say that Africa needs the likes of Jean-Bedél Bokassa, Francisco Macias Nguema and Iddi Amin or Sani Abacha to make things work. Are you serious in your assertion?

If I understand you correctly here, you want to say that Africa needs the likes of Jean-Bedél Bokassa, Francisco Macias Nguema and Iddi Amin or Sani Abacha to make things work. Are you serious in your assertion?

What I am saying is we have many horrible governments, but there is no need to panic. They will get better through an organic process of internal protests and coups and general civic work. This is what happened in Asia. What is worse is a puppet government that is not responsive to the needs of the people and is artificially supported from outside the country.

If there is obvious genocide, or mass killings of course intervention is required. But an army at war using heavy weapons and getting collateral damage is the same think America did in Iraq. And I don't see the ICC going after them. The act should be condemned but there is also a need for equity and balance.

I am saying we need more Nyerere's, Lummumba's, Nkrumah's . And I am saying that I don't trust the West enough to let them dictate who gets to run African countries.

I am saying that the West is up to no good. History tells me to be cautious. They are using the UN = France, United Kingdom, US. To push an agenda. In the news they say it is to help Africa. But I say only Africa can help Africa.

I am also saying they paint a certain picture of Africans as incapable of governing themselves and therefore hopeless and in need of the colonizer. However Asia had the same problems they just got rid of them sooner.

I am saying we should be suspicious of the West. We are like children with gold, that have poor health, little education, and no food. Our uncle that stole from our father is coming to say hey I can help you with your problems. Oh, and while I am at it I can help you with your gold too.

I am saying that the West is up to no good. History tells me to be cautious. They are using the UN = France, United Kingdom, US. To push an agenda. In the news they say it is to help Africa. But I say only Africa can help Africa.

I am also saying they paint a certain picture of Africans as incapable of governing themselves and therefore hopeless and in need of the colonizer. However Asia had the same problems they just got rid of them sooner.

I am saying we should be suspicious of the West. We are like children with gold, that have poor health, little education, and no food. Our uncle that stole from our father is coming to say hey I can help you with your problems. Oh, and while I am at it I can help you with your gold too.
What you are saying is nothing new!

Ok, what next?

Next is for us Africans to QUICKLY move to effective regionalized governance investment, military, foreign policy. But, I see the countries are scared. They all keep saying they don't want to move too fast. This is the only effective way to get the synergies and economies of scale required to get our countries out of poverty. Look at Ethiopia. It has a pretty men dictator but it is progressing fast.

1. They have 80 million people.
2. The dictator knows what he is doing.
3. The U.S. is not getting in the way since Ethiopia helped with Somalia. Considered an Ally.

Ethiopia has car assembly, Nigeria has car assembly why? 80 million+ people.

Very Few African countries have 80 million people and a government that knows what its doing.
1. Nigeria - Notice how Nigeria is starting to economically takeoff. Even though the government still has many many issues.
2. Egypt - Considered an Economic Giant in Africa.
3. DRC - Inept leadership and wars. Plus too many resources that everyone is fighting over.

In West Africa, you had a case of a weak regional organization being used by the West to advance its own goals. I propose strong regional organization or African ones with a true democratic foundation outside the presidential representation have (parliament) that push forward a regional approach. We need SIZE.

Akwaba, most of the things you are saying were already said since early 60's. I lived through that period, come 70's, 80's and 90's. Now we are in 2011 and we are still talking the same language while Africa is reeling backward.

While African problems are not insurmountable, I do not think the solution is as easy as you want it to be!

Akwaba, most of the things you are saying were already said since early 60's. I lived through that period, come 70's, 80's and 90's. Now we are in 2011 and we are still talking the same language while Africa is reeling backward.

Ok, the problem was recognized but what was done about it. They created the AU not much to talk about there. It has been a major blundering organization. Even though at the AU meeting we have tons of European and American delegated behind the scenes pushing for various outcomes. Maybe that was the first mistake.

Then we have regional organizations, but they remain mostly ineffective. The best the EAC can't even implement its decisions. We are supposed to have a Common Market, we don't have one. So the problems are recognized but the pace of implementation is extremely slow.

Part of the issue might be that alot of these projects have significant funding from the EU. The EU keeps on telling the EAC that they are doing fine creating the EU took alot of time. This is nonsense. For us the EAC is not a luxury it is a necessity.

If a man says he needs tools to cultivate his land. And 50 years later he says the same thing, and he is still poor. Does it make what he says wrong. It just says no one ever gave him the tools.

SO maybe that the problem. The ISSUES are known and nothing has been done about it. So the question is what needs to be done to lead to effective implementation.

Hata wagambia wenyewe wamemshtukia Jammeh!

Sunday, 17 April 2011

Coalition for Change – The Gambia Reacts to President Jammeh’s Statement on the Ivory Coast

The Coalition for Change – The Gambia (CCG) wishes to dissociate itself from the ill-advised statement by the Jammeh administration on events in the Ivory Coast.

Inconsequential as it is, Yahya Jammeh’s refusal to recognize President Alassane Ouatara in defiance of the international community underscores the pariah character of the Gambian regime. Despite findings by virtually all independent observers and monitors that Laurent Gbagbo lost the election, Mr. Jammeh absurdly insists on recognizing him as President and calls for fresh elections.

Making matters worse, Jammeh’s statement touched on an array of issues – Lumumba, Sankara, Compaore, imperialism, etc. – in such amateurish manner as to shame many Gambians.

The world may not be aware, but the Gambian people know that anytime Yahya Jammeh senses the hotspot, he starts throwing mud hoping it will stick. From his pronouncements relating to AIDS, homosexuals, Gaddafi, Holy Qur’an burning, to the Ivory Coast, Jammeh has always had something to hide or deflect. The issue for Gambians is that 17 years of repressive rule must come to an end now.

CCG is therefore calling on Gambians, Ivorians, and the international community to disregard the Jammeh administration’s rants on the Ivory Coast. The statement does not in any way reflect the position of the Gambian people vis-à-vis developments in that country.

By the same token, the group is calling on all freedom and peace-loving organizations and individuals to support it in the campaign to end despotism in The Gambia.

SIGNED:
CCG EXECUTIVE
April 18, 2011

CONTACTS:

NDey Tapha Sosseh, Secretary-General / Spokesperson SGCoalitonForChangeGambia@gmail.com

CoalitonForChangeGambia@gmail.com, TheGambiaVoice@gmail.com, ccgtg411@gmail.com

TWITTER: @ChangeGambia, @KomboMansa, @TheGambiaVoice
Facebook group: Coalition for Change – The Gambia
Coalition for Change Gambia has as its members, journalists, lawyers, doctors, businessmen/women and civil society groups in and outside The Gambia concerned about the deteriorating state of affairs in The Gambia. Further information and details, including requests for membership can be accessed and processed through the Secretary General.
[ii] Interested media organisations should contact the Secretary General for more information. Audio material is also available and can be accessed upon request.

Back
Top Bottom