Foreign politics vs image of our foreign minister.

ganda

JF-Expert Member
Nov 10, 2014
I’m bringing this issues to great thinkers toponder and advise our Dear Foreign Minister Bernard C. Membe and the Secretary General ofthe Ruling Party of the Republic of Tanzania to help and clearly understand the inner part of the conflictof South Sudanese people before stepping in. I know the Foreign Minister mightbe well informed, but to my thinking he misses a point to mediate the politicalfractures in the Sudan People’s Liberation Army (SPLA) and Sudan People’sLiberation Movement (SPLM) will solve the problem of the Republic of SouthSudan (ROSS). The fracture profoundly entrenched in ethnicity line thanpolitical. It is true that a power struggle within the political elite of theSPLA and SPLM came to a head in July 2013 when the political relationshipbetween President Salva Kiir and Vice President Riek Machar deteriorated andthe latter was removed from his post. In December 2013, following an allegedattempt at a coup d’état by soldiers loyal to Machar, tensions descended intoviolent conflict in the streets of Juba. Hundreds were reported killed in thedays that followed, and the violence, which quickly took on an ethnicdimension, spread rapidly throughout the country. The point to comprehend for now is that conflictis characterised by the fracturing of communities. Whilethe conflict may be viewed in simple terms as a dispute between SPLM-inOpposition-supporting Nuer andSPLM-supporting Dinka, the realityis more complex, and many Nuerremain loyal to the SPLM. Even in Bentiu, Unity state, which has been a site ofcontinued violence, the SPLM government is predominantly Nuer. Nonetheless, traditional rivalries between the Dinka and Nuer have been a strong feature and driver of the on-goingconflict. The good intention of the Foreign Minister if not fingered properlyto know the true face of the conflict of the ROSS, it will be waste of time,waste of monies of Tanzanians tax payers and will exasperate his politicalambitions. I respect the Minister.

I’m bringing this issue to great thinkers to ponder and advise our Foreign Minister, Hon. Bernard C. Membe and the Secretary General of the Ruling Party of the United Republic of Tanzania to help and clearly understand the inner part of the conflictof South Sudanese people before stepping in. I know the Foreign Minister might be well informed, but to my thinking, he misses a point as to mend the political fractures in the Sudan People’s Liberation Army (SPLA), and Sudan People’sLiberation Movement (SPLM), will solve the problem of the Republic of SouthSudan (ROSS).

The fracture, is profoundly entrenched in ethnic lines than political . It is true that a power struggle within the political elite of theSPLA and SPLM came to a head in July 2013, when the political relationship between President Salva Kiir and the then Vice President Riek Machar deteriorated and the latter was removed from his post.
In December 2013, following an alleged attempt at a coup d’état by soldiers loyal to Machar, tensions descended into violent conflict in the streets of Juba. Hundreds were reported killed in the days that followed, and the violence, which quickly took on an ethnic dimension, spread rapidly throughout the country.

The point to comprehend for now is that the conflict is characterised by the fracturing of communities. While the conflict may be viewed in simple terms as a dispute between SPLM-in opposition supporting Nuer- and SPLM-supporting Dinka- the reality is more complex, and many Nuer remain loyal to the SPLM. Even in Bentiu, Unity state, which has been a site of continued violence, the SPLM government is predominantly Nuer.

Nonetheless, traditional rivalries between the Dinka and Nuer have been a strong feature and driver of the on-going conflict. The good intention of the Foreign Minister if not fingered properly to know the true face of the conflict of the ROSS will be a waste of time and money of Tanzanian tax payers and will exasperate his political ambitions.
I respect the Minister.
There's nothing tribal about this conflict. You fought the same enemy for years, use the same spirit to build your Nation.
Garang said you all have the same interests, use that as a unifying weapon, not otherwise.

I’m bringing this issue to great thinkers to ponder and advise our Foreign Minister, Hon. Bernard C. Membe and the Secretary General of the Ruling Party of the United Republic of Tanzania to help and clearly understand the inner part of the conflictof South Sudanese people before stepping in. I know the Foreign Minister might be well informed, but to my thinking, he misses a point as to mend the political fractures in the Sudan People’s Liberation Army (SPLA), and Sudan People’sLiberation Movement (SPLM), will solve the problem of the Republic of SouthSudan (ROSS).

The fracture, is profoundly entrenched in ethnic lines than political . It is true that a power struggle within the political elite of theSPLA and SPLM came to a head in July 2013, when the political relationship between President Salva Kiir and the then Vice President Riek Machar deteriorated and the latter was removed from his post.
In December 2013, following an alleged attempt at a coup d’état by soldiers loyal to Machar, tensions descended into violent conflict in the streets of Juba. Hundreds were reported killed in the days that followed, and the violence, which quickly took on an ethnic dimension, spread rapidly throughout the country.

The point to comprehend for now is that the conflict is characterised by the fracturing of communities. While the conflict may be viewed in simple terms as a dispute between SPLM-in opposition supporting Nuer- and SPLM-supporting Dinka- the reality is more complex, and many Nuer remain loyal to the SPLM. Even in Bentiu, Unity state, which has been a site of continued violence, the SPLM government is predominantly Nuer.

Nonetheless, traditional rivalries between the Dinka and Nuer have been a strong feature and driver of the on-going conflict. The good intention of the Foreign Minister if not fingered properly to know the true face of the conflict of the ROSS will be a waste of time and money of Tanzanian tax payers and will exasperate his political ambitions.
I respect the Minister.

The conflict in Ross is purely ethnic based. Tanzania before engaging itself into mediating the actors on this conflict, should first of all look at the interest of some east African countries members state role in the conflict. Salvakir and Uganda interest, Machar and the Garang's interest.

Northern Sudan interest etc. This conflict if not properly checked might result to a totally injured EAC relations. Some countries are involved in this conflict for political and strategic reasons. If the reasons will not be made clear otherwise those involved in mediation will not succeed.

Back
Top Bottom