Does UKAWA/Lowassa offer a viable alternative or just simply sycomphants

Mugisher

JF-Expert Member
Jul 11, 2015
In many political systems there is a ruling party and the opposition. The opposition can be made up of one or several parties. It is common knowledge all over the world that political parties' stock in trade in their ideologies. Ideologies distinguish one political party from another. People would identify themselves with a certain ideology as a point of identification. This is common all over the world, so I thought.

Hapana. In Tanzania it is different. You do not need an ideology to get elected to the highest position in the country.You just need sycophants. If you have many, then the chances of winning are more likely. Apparently, ideologies are not the only stock in trade that can give rise to a political party or a presidential candidate. This is what we see with UKAWA and Lowasa. Non of us know their ideologies. We are just told they stand for 'change', that is it. Is this really enough for a voter who wants to test the veracity of their view point and what they stand for? The question is, does UKAWA/Lowasa offer a viable alternative- much as CCM is now zilipendwa? My stand point is that NOT AT ALL. They have no ideology. The last time i checked it went away with Dr. Slaa. There is no meat whatsoever in their message, that is, if they have one. UKAWA is clouded by so many sycophants that they are all incoherent. They have no political ideology to justify their quest for power nor their position as an alternative party.

I concur with you why instead of having a manifesto they are claiming change then to where

The ideology is CHANGE, no more political dynasties in our country.
Since when did change per se became an ideology? Well, speaking of dynasties; the main opposition party is an epitome of dynasty rule. Have you ever reflected on that impregnable, blunt and stark fact. Do you think you can fool all the people all the time?

Then a new and fair constitution.

When people are tired of the status quo they don't need a manifesto, they just rise up for CHANGE.
All else will follow.

No CHANGE means forever living with the old one-party constitution.

The majority of the working class do not see the development claimed by the ruling class in the past. So new promises are not believed anymore, instead they believe in the movement for CHANGE.

This is nothing new, it is just history repeating itself.
The people are tired of rubber-stamp politics, they want to decide the future of their country.

Mugisher you are vert right, we have witnessed even the chairman of chadema bootlicking. Pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
It' not about chadema/Ukawa it's about CHANGE.
UKAWA is using us to get power, and we are using them to get CHANGE.
win-win situation.

#Rungu
You are right, the people can't be fooled all the time.
This means I can't be fooled either. I have eyes that see. I don't believe in change for change's sake. There has to be a tangible and viable alternative first, of which I am yet to see on the country's political terrain.

To you all this is not the time of pretending with your usomi this is the time of action choose your side,you cannot pretend that you are neutral.you can be with us ,or against us.

To you all this is not the time of pretending with your usomi this is the time of action choose your side,you cannot pretend that you are neutral.you can be with us ,or against us.

Correct, everybody should choose between the past and the future.

Back
Top Bottom