Disciplinary cases opened against Real Madrid and Barcelona

engmtolera

JF-Expert Member
Oct 21, 2010
article-1381602-0BCCACEE00000578-867_634x556.jpg

Sign of respect? A smirking Jose Mourinho ignored the message above his head during Hell Clasico and faces a touchline ban

UEFA has opened disciplinary cases against Real Madrid CF and FC Barcelona following the first leg of their UEFA Champions League semi-final on Wednesday.
Following last night's UEFA Champions League semi-final first leg between Real Madrid CF and FC Barcelona, UEFA has opened the following disciplinary cases against the clubs.

The case against Real Madrid is in relation to the throwing of missiles, a pitch invasion, the red card shown to Pepe, the dismissal of coach José Mourinho, as well as the inappropriate statement given by Mr Mourinho to the media after the match (UEFA Disciplinary Regulations, Article 5 – Principles of conduct).

The case against Barcelona regards the red card administered to José Pinto.

Both cases will be heard by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body on Friday 6 May.
article-1381602-0BCCC60200000578-677_634x429.jpg

article-0-0BCCD26C00000578-536_634x456.jpg

Sent to the stands: Mourinho was dismissed from the touchline during the ill-tempered semi-final clash
1624267_w4.jpg

article-1381602-0BCCC25B00000578-327_634x401.jpg

Get your goggles: Fans around the world were disappointed with the constant diving of certain players

article-0-0BCD009800000578-758_634x434.jpg

Seeing red: Pepe was sent off in the second-half for a rash tackle on Dani Alves

article-1381602-0BCCD5AC00000578-416_634x388.jpg

Respect the ref: Players from both teams were quick to surround the referee throughout the match

UEFA has opened disciplinary cases against Real Madrid CF and FC Barcelona following the first leg of their UEFA Champions League semi-final on Wednesday.
Following last night's UEFA Champions League semi-final first leg between Real Madrid CF and FC Barcelona, UEFA has opened the following disciplinary cases against the clubs.

The case against Real Madrid is in relation to the throwing of missiles, a pitch invasion, the red card shown to Pepe, the dismissal of coach José Mourinho, as well as the inappropriate statement given by Mr Mourinho to the media after the match (UEFA Disciplinary Regulations, Article 5 – Principles of conduct).

The case against Barcelona regards the red card administered to José Pinto.

Both cases will be heard by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body on Friday 6 May.

No backing down! Mourinho stands by his comments despite facing UEFA charges

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho remains defiant despite facing disciplinary action by UEFA following his 'inappropriate comments' after Wednesday's Champions League home defeat to Barcelona.
The Portuguese manager implied after his team's 2-0 loss to Barca in their semi-final first leg that the Catalan club receive favourable treatment from referees and claimed Barcelona had yet to win a 'clean' Champions League title under coach Pep Guardiola.
Asked about the UEFA charges he faces, Mourinho, who was sent off during that game, said:: 'I am very well, thank you. I am in good health and working as always. I don't want to discuss this any further and for a simple reason.
'An image is worth more than 1000 words and there are so many images from that game that were shown all over the world, that I have nothing else to add.

article-1381920-0BD416A500000578-392_634x438.jpg

Defiant: Jose Mourinho says he had nothing to add to what he said after Real's defeat to Barcelona this week

'Whoever criticises my words is criticising those images and those who criticise those images think they come from photoshop or are a video montage. But they are real.'
Mourinho said the recent events have only strengthened his bond with the Bernabeu side. The former Chelsea manager joined Real from Inter Milan last summer and still has four years to run on his current contract.
However, reports in recent months have linked Mourinho with a move away from Real at the end of the season.
'To remain at Real Madrid makes more sense than ever before,' he said. "Now I have more willingness to continue in charge of Real Madrid for what this means. This (Madrid) jersey is white, and white now has more significance.'