Dedicated to doctors

stanslausk

Feb 9, 2012
Somebody asked: "you are a doctor??! That's cool, I wanted to do that when I was a kid. How much do you make?" Doc replied: "How much do I make? I can hold your hand, seems like the most important thing in the world when you are scared. I can make your child breathe when they stop. I can help your father survive a heart attack. I can make myself get up at 5am to make sure yo...ur mother has the medicine she needs to live. I work all day to save lives of strangers. I make my family wait for dinner until I know your family member is taken care of. I make myself skip lunch so that I can make sure everything I did for your wife/husband today is charted. I make myself work weekends and holidays because people don't just get sick Mondays to Fridays. Today, I might save your life. How much do I make? All I know is I make A DIFFERENCE!"

There was a teacher next to that doctor who was impressed by that doctor's story and said
"I am a teacher my friend, do u know what i do? I prepare useful members of the community including u doctors, engineers, pilots and even politicians. I change students with behavioral difficults to become good citizens. I am responsible for the moral, physical, social, spiritual and interllectual development of your children and the society as whole. I equip my students with the best knowledge of their environment and their culture.
I AM AN IMPORTANT TOOL FOR SOCIAL, CULTURAL, POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FOR THIS COUNTRY. But u know what? People doesnt value my contribution, they insult my proffesion and underestimate my work. They demoralize me.
PROBABLY WE WONT ORGANISE A DIRECT STRIKE FOR THIS, BUT WE'LL DO SOMETHING.....ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS!!. LETS WAIT AND SEE.
IF NOT TODAY, TOMMOROW YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM TELLING U TODAY.........!!

Back
Top Bottom