Can frequent withdrawal of cash from banks by contestants during party nomination exe

mzamifu

JF-Expert Member
Mar 10, 2010
I would like to ask PCCB to investigate the frequency and amount of withdrawal of cash from local banks by those who were seeking nomination to vie for the next election as MPs and Councillors. It is my assumption that if the runners were frequently visiting the banks and withdrawing large amount of cash during the exercise, they might have used it to bribe some members of their parties. PCCB can therefore verify whether there was such an act and attempt to find out how these people spent the money. By doing so, they may be able to verify whether the runners were involved in corruption or not. Thereafter, the anti corruption body will have to take the necessary measures upon those found on the wrong side of the law.

I dont think you can use this criterion to sue people. My take is during that period (CCM primaries) candidates were supposed to travel from place to place to ask for votes (not necessarily to bribe). So how do you descriminate legal activities (thus legal expenditure) from illegal activities. No where in the withdraw receipts one declare the reasons for money withdraw! The only judges who can rule in favor of your opinion are those who presided over the case of independent candidate...they were absolute nonesense!

I dont think you can use this criterion to sue people. My take is during that period (CCM primaries) candidates were supposed to travel from place to place to ask for votes (not necessarily to bribe). So how do you descriminate legal activities (thus legal expenditure) from illegal activities. No where in the withdraw receipts one declare the reasons for money withdraw! The only judges who can rule in favor of your opinion are those who presided over the case of independent candidate...they were absolute nonesense!

Spot on,

Hatuwezi kuleta sheria za ki Stalini za "mtego wa panya unasao waliotakiwa na wasiotakiwa", kesho tutafanya nini? Kurudisha sheria ya uhujumu uchumi kila mwenye tube ya Colgate ni mhujumu uchumi?

TAKUKURU wanatakiwa kufanya kazi zao, kukusanya ushahidi wote utakaoweza kumu indict mtu, ikiwezekana mpaka na incontrovertible evidence za video/audio wawe nazo (I know this is hard but it is the ultimate jackpot, they have to earn their pay just like everybody else).

Ukiwa na evidence za nguvu then unaweza ku subpoena benki itoe bank statements, utaona cash movement yote, lakini hii bank statement inakuwa ni supporting evidence tu, unakuwa na evidence nyingine za nguvu zaidi kama hizo audio video. Then hapo naweza kukubali.

Sio PCCB wanaingilia ingilia benki account za watu kuchunguza chunguza movement za hela hata bila ya kuwa na ushahidi mwingine mkubwa zaidi, watakosa "probable cause' ya kuanzisha maombi yao.Tutajuaje kama kweli wanatafuta ushahidi wa rushwa au wanatumiwa kisiasa?

Watoe ushahidi mtu karekodiwa na audio/ video devices, kama wanao huo ushahidi na wanataka kupata bank statement kama supporting evidence then hilo sawa, lakini kuanza moja kwa moja kwenye bank account za watu huo utakuwa ni ukomunisti sasa.

ni mbinu nzuri pia, lakini kutafuta tu supporting au directing evidences...

Back
Top Bottom