Bus Driver Blames Police Force Over Fuel for Vehicles

Bonge

JF-Expert Member
Aug 29, 2007
Polisi wetu hao kila siku tunawaona wakitembea na magari yao ila wakati wa matikio hawana mafuta!!

Bus Driver Blames Police Force Over Fuel for Vehicles

Gasper Andrew
25 January 2011
Singida — The Police Force here has been blamed for using cars without enough fuel especially in roadblocks.
The blame has been aired by the Falcon bus driver, Mr Omari Mzee, who on Sunday was injured by suspected robbers who hijacked the bus which he was driving at Sekenke escarpment in Iramba district.

Mr Mzee, who has been admitted to the regional hospital, is among eight people who were injured when a group of about ten people hijacked the bus which was heading to Da es Salaam from Kampala in Uganda.

The suspects put heavy stones in the middle of the road to force drivers to stop their vehicles. Before the bus was waylaid, a lorry was hijacked by the same people.
After the bus was stopped, the assailants forced all passengers out and ordered them to surrender their valuables such as cash and mobile phones. Mr Mzee said after their bus was hijacked at around 11pm on Sunday, the robbers ordered them out and when he noticed that the passengers were worried, he decided to lead the pack.

"Immediately after alighting, one person slashed me with a panga and I screamed... they them turned to other passengers and I used the opportunity to slip away," he said.

Recounting what happened, Mr Mzee said he managed to run to a road block set by police at Misigiri village about 1.5 kilometres from where they were hijacked and reported the incident.
He said he asked the police who was manning the road block to send more police to rescue the hijacked passengers.

"But the policeman told me that their vehicle had no fuel. So, it was impossible for them to go and rescue the passengers ... this is amazing," he said.

Mr Mzee said after he was told that, he asked the policeman to assist him get the ambulance which was parked at the road block to rush him to hospital, but the policeman told him that the ambulance has no fuel either I lost a lot of blood, I passed out shortly afterwards and i did not regain consciousness until a day later here," he said.

Mr Mzee appealed to the Inspector General of Police (IGP) said Mwema to make sure that vehicles stationed in road blocks were full equipped to enable them assist people in distress.

Back
Top Bottom