Another record in Kenya: 3.8 km of a runway at a whooping $351 mln!

Wanangaika tu bure Mwanza International Airport unaenda kuiua Nairobi Airport sababu wateja wengi wanaotumia uwanja huo wanatoka Congo, Burundi, Tanzania na Uganda which Mwanza is quite closer than Nairobi great airlines like Qatar and Emirates are with the government to make Mwanza International Airport the hub of airtravels in East Africa - Magufuli speech yesterday at Mwanza
You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Mwanza is close to where? Qatar? Airlines are not moving people to nairobi for nothing buddy.
People won't say now let's go to Mwanza because it's closer, they know why they are going to nairobi

Countries do not become air travel hubs because of their airports, but because of their economy.
You can build a very magnificent airport but if you're still an LDC, it will remain a ghost airport.
The reason JKIA is the main travel hub in East Africa is because Nairobi is the main city in East Africa. From conferences, to the UN, to business... the list is endless.
You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Mwanza is close to where? Qatar? Airlines are not moving people to nairobi for nothing buddy.
People won't say now let's go to Mwanza because it's closer, they know why they are going to nairobi
It is an unusual fact that many passengers I think more than half of Nairobi Airport users are not Kenyan residents and Kenya not their final destination, trying to look at the great lakes countries as I have mentioned and these are not stories of trust but a study conducted by international Airlines in the world and came with a solution to reducing the distance to Nairobi Airport, by boarding at Mwanza which is much close to the their countries.

As I speak to you Qatar and Emirates airlines are in talk with TAA about enhancing Mwanza Airport to realize such target.

President Magufuli said that yesterday at Mwanza Airport which is on a huge construction.

It is an unusual fact that many passengers I think more than half of Nairobi Airport users are not Kenyan residents and Kenya not their final destination, trying to look at the great lakes countries as I have mentioned and these are not stories of trust but a study conducted by international Airlines in the world and came with a solution to reducing the distance to Nairobi Airport, by boarding at Mwanza which is much close to the their countries.

As I speak to you Qatar and Emirates airlines are in talk with TAA about enhancing Mwanza Airport to realize such target.

President Magufuli said that yesterday at Mwanza Airport which is on a huge construction.
hehehe, mwanza ya ********

As I told you, there are several examples of ghost airports in the world. The economies of those countries had not reached that level.
Whether passengers alight in Nairobi or proceed to another destination, it makes economic sense for the airline to make JKIA their regional hub, because a good % of the passengers will be alighting in Nairobi.
For instance, in a British Airways flight to Nairobi, you may find that half have Nairobi as the final destination.
If BA made Mwanza their hub, it would literally be a waste of fuel because in a flight of say 100, only 10 will alight there.
Mwanza may build the best airport, but if BA, or other airlines will be traveling thousands of miles to come drop 5 people, it will fail.
First and foremost the hub destination must be popular.. either for tourism, business, conferences etc.

hehehe, mwanza ya ********
You hate Magufuli because of measures like this which going to deteriorating your comfort zone, South Korea engineers are in Mwanza to build one massive ship for Victoria Lake which will be of its kind in all the countries across the lake, will have the capacity of carrying more than 2100+ passengers + cars and so many tons of stuff this will be circulating in Kisumu, Uganda and Tanzania like no one cares. We are defeating the regional economy by all means ASAP.

You hate Magufuli because of measures like this which going to deteriorating your comfort zone, South Korea engineers are in Mwanza to build one massive ship for Victoria Lake which will be of its kind in all the countries across the lake, will have the capacity of carrying more than 2100+ passengers + cars and so many tons of stuff this will be circulating in Kisumu, Uganda and Tanzania like no one cares. We are defeating the regional economy by all means ASAP.

I fail to see how building a ship would bring more airlines to Mwanza.. I mean between mwanza and Kampala(port bell) which is more important to an airline (businesswise)..

It's very simple, between Nairobi and Mwanza which is more important? As long as that's the case, Mwanza will never replace Nairobi as the regional aviation hub.
If it was that simple, you know geographically speaking JNIA in Dar is approximately similar distance to the great lakes region compared to Jkia in Nairobi, infact I think Tz directly borders most of these countries, Entebbe airport is also much closer to these countries, if you are going to say their airport isn't that good, I could also point Kigali int'l airport which has been ranked one of the best in africa, The location of Kigali is even better than Mwanza in relation to the great lakes region, even the int'l airport in Kilimanjaro is closer too compared to JKIA why aren't any of these airports the aviation hubs for the east and central Africa region???

And you know its not just in this region. I remember when the musician Mahombi came to Kenya while doing an interview with Kiss FM he was asked, ' is this your first time in Kenya? And he said it was first time inside Kenya but he has actually been in Kenya about 9 times, He said he has travelled several times from Europe to Dubai and Asia and also to SA and every time no matter which airline he took it ended up transiting through Nairobi first before going to its destination... And he was wondering what's up with that... Do you think Mwanza can reach that level by building a nice airport

I fail to see how building a ship would bring more airlines to Mwanza.. I mean between mwanza and Kampala(port bell) which is more important to an airline (businesswise)..

It's very simple, between Nairobi and Mwanza which is more important? As long as that's the case, Mwanza will never replace Nairobi as the regional aviation hub.
If it was that simple, you know geographically speaking JNIA in Dar is approximately similar distance to the great lakes region compared to Jkia in Nairobi, infact I think Tz directly borders most of these countries, Entebbe airport is also much closer to these countries, if you are going to say their airport isn't that good, I could also point Kigali int'l airport which has been ranked one of the best in africa, The location of Kigali is even better than Mwanza in relation to the great lakes region, even the int'l airport in Kilimanjaro is closer too compared to JKIA why aren't any of these airports the aviation hubs for the east and central Africa region???
I think you do not understand anything at my core point, almost half of Nairobi Airport users come from Burundi, Congo, Uganda (some due to the political instability especially Congo), not saying Rwanda is somewhat better at air travel,

many aircraft are connecting to Nairobi due to many travelers who are from the countries I have listed closest to Mwanza compared to Nairobi.

I think you do not understand anything at my core point, almost half of Nairobi Airport users come from Burundi, Congo, Uganda (some due to the political instability especially Congo), not saying Rwanda is somewhat better at air travel,

many aircraft are connecting to Nairobi due to many travelers who are from the countries I have listed closest to Mwanza compared to Nairobi.
That's exactly the point, you have said at least half travelling to Nairobi go to other places (I am not saying I agree with that, but lets say I do) that means the other half depart from Nairobi. So can Mwanza guarantee that at least half of all the flights into the region will be destines for Mwanza? Cause that is basically what's at the heart of any hub, you have to make sure that the airline can live off profits from mwanza alone even without flying anywhere else, I have seen flights from westAfrica come all the way to jkia (the opposite direction) first before going to Europe cause for airline business they don't only look at who is closest, they look at which combination of routes makes more profits

Kuiba kila korna i actually cannot wait for a really major bank with millions of accounts to collapse ndio watu wajue hii Tano Tena yao inamipaka!!

FYI geza umesoma ile article ya Ouko Auditor General kwamba Uhuru Kenyatta Na William Ruto wamepokea Mishahara 4 times above their gazetted amount this year

Yaani
Above their Total Salary payment wamepewa
111mn Kshs combined total juu ya mishahara wanayo chukua nyumbani....

1.11mn$ when you finally see how Rapid Kenya is falling from an outsider perspective its spectacular!

56bn$ Debt alafu The only explanation Murkomen has and any other Jubilee mp has is No Developing Nation goes debt free....

Hope y'all are watching Mr.Robot....wakati China itakuwa inapitisha UNSC resolution council ya full control ya resources Africa juu ya debt ndio mtatii mkiona millioni ya wachina wakishuka JKIA daily kuwapa instructions on how to live in your own country- look at sri lanka

So JKIA is Heathrow? An airport that anticipate 12 mln PAX in 2025 is putting up a runway of 3.8 km at US 352 mln! Believe me the true cost will be $176 mln!
Kama SGR ilivyo gunduliwa

Book cost 4bn$

Lakini kuna catch 2.30bn$ iko un accounted for

True cost ni 1.7bn$

Jifunze kuelewa. Heathrow inahitaji KSh1.2 trillion. JKIA KSh35 billion.
Kwako wewe unaona ziko ligi moja?
Kwanza hii ya JKIA ni bargain ukilinganisha length.

Proposed Heathrow - 3.2 km
Proposed JKIA - 4.8 km

$176 m ni pesa ya runway ya airstrip.
Under greenfield didnt Swedish engineers propose a 176mn$ Second runway and The greenfield Terminal at 560mn$

Sasa all of a sudden 176mn imekua airstrip money...

Mnatetea serikali yenu nkama munalipwa na hao viongozi on the side....wait its our money they are eating not vice versa

That's exactly the point, you have said at least half travelling to Nairobi go to other places (I am not saying I agree with that, but lets say I do) that means the other half depart from Nairobi. So can Mwanza guarantee that at least half of all the flights into the region will be destines for Mwanza? Cause that is basically what's at the heart of any hub, you have to make sure that the airline can live off profits from mwanza alone even without flying anywhere else, I have seen flights from westAfrica come all the way to jkia (the opposite direction) first before going to Europe cause for airline business they don't only look at who is closest, they look at which combination of routes makes more profits
Hee! Me si mtaalam wa aviation, ila hii mpya, kindly elaborate which west africa airline came to jkia first before going to europe, and for what reason

You cannot compare a highway and a runway.
A runway is very expensive to build
AC 150/5370-10G - Standards for Specifying Construction of Airports – Document Information

Why do airport runways cost so much to build? Brisbane Airport Corporation reported that a new runway would cost $1.3B and is seven years away.

Building a runway is even more complex than building a major highway/motorway, which has similar demands in terms of the need for an extremely well engineered surface, high levels of quality control in the materials used, and superior drainage. Runways, once constructed, must be capable of being kept in good repair for many years, including periodic removal of accumulated rubber and other foreign matter and at least one or two major resurfacings. However, it also is understood that runways can in effect "wear out" over time, and may require complete removal and replacement with a new multilayered runway in its place.
The most distinguishing characteristic of modern runways, however, is the need for them to accept increasingly heavy aircraft slamming down upon them and taxiing on and off at many points along their length. The Airbus A380 is certificated to take off at a weight of over 1 million pounds. Aircraft weighing well over 100,000 pounds at landing are the norm rather than the exception at major international airports. To handle such incredible loads on a regular basis -- not to mention temperature extremes in many locations that can easily lead to "spalling" (surface erosion) if not accounted for in the materials used -- runways must be built with care and precision.
A notorious instance of lowest-bidder preference (or penny-wise, pound-foolish thinking) some years ago resulted in a fighter base needing virtually an entire runway torn out and replaced when its rebuilt runway started showing serious damage almost immediately upon its re-opening. The winning contractor was later determined to have extensive concrete pouring expertise... unfortunately, said experience was for the most part confined to laying down home patios.
Tafadhalu tusianze ku compare

Runways za nchi ambapo

Basic salary ya anaye jenga kwa mwaka ni 36,000$

Kenya Mshahara ya fundi ni 500kshs per day
IE 5$ a day kwa mwaka hyo ni 1825$

UK per capita yao ni 55000 £
A Year mnatakaje sasa kusema project cost zitakuwa similar tayari mishahara pekee zosha inflate total cost!!

Wanangaika tu bure Mwanza International Airport unaenda kuiua Nairobi Airport sababu wateja wengi wanaotumia uwanja huo wanatoka Congo, Burundi, Tanzania na Uganda which Mwanza is quite closer than Nairobi great airlines like Qatar and Emirates are with the government to make Mwanza International Airport the hub of airtravels in East Africa - Magufuli speech yesterday at Mwanza
Kama ni ku argue tumia akili sio kurusha tu maneno iliuonekane umeshinda argument!!

FYI geza umesoma ile article ya Ouko Auditor General kwamba Uhuru Kenyatta Na William Ruto wamepokea Mishahara 4 times above their gazetted amount this year

Yaani
Above their Total Salary payment wamepewa
111mn Kshs combined total juu ya mishahara wanayo chukua nyumbani....

1.11mn$ when you finally see how Rapid Kenya is falling from an outsider perspective its spectacular!

56bn$ Debt alafu The only explanation Murkomen has and any other Jubilee mp has is No Developing Nation goes debt free....

Hope y'all are watching Mr.Robot....wakati China itakuwa inapitisha UNSC resolution council ya full control ya resources Africa juu ya debt ndio mtatii mkiona millioni ya wachina wakishuka JKIA daily kuwapa instructions on how to live in your own country- look at sri lanka
Sri Lanka niliwasoma long time, they be doing so many business with Chinese. Kulikoni

Back
Top Bottom