Baada ya kutaka EAC kuwa Nairobi, sasa lake Victoria kuwa bila mipaka

'Dozens killed' in Kenya violence

At least 24 people have died in fighting between residents of a central Kenyan town and suspected members of the outlawed Mungiki sect, police say.

A police spokesman, Charles Owino, said residents of Karatina had decided to fight back because the sect had been extorting money from local people.

Media reports say there has been a spate of killings targeting the sect.

The Mungiki, mainly from President Mwai Kibaki's Kikuyu ethnic group, are seen as Kenya's version of the mafia.

AFP news agency quoted police spokesman Eric Kiraithe as saying that groups of residents started attacking suspected Mungiki members and slashing some of them to death.

At least three more people were wounded in the violence.

'All-out war'

Mr Kiraithe said the Mungiki fought back.

"We understand that the Mungiki also regrouped and engaged the locals in an all-out war in the villages," he said.

"All of those killed were hacked or stoned to death. Our officers tried to restore order, otherwise the situation could have degenerated into something much worse than it is."

He added that 37 people had been arrested and more were being hunted. Machetes and other weapons were being collected from the scene.

The Mungiki gang has continued to operate despite being banned in 2002, extorting money from owners of minibus taxis and other public transport vehicles.

In 2007 more than 100 suspected sect members were killed in a police crackdown after a series of grisly beheadings blamed on the sect.

Last year it was accused of carrying out revenge attacks after ethnic Kikuyus were killed by rival gangs in post-election violence.

Source:BBC

Friends: Can you learn to live in peace?? why are you still killing each other??

Stop derailing the thread my brother Mzalendo. There is no relation btw this thread and what you have posed above. Discuss what is at hand, and stop confusing us, you can start your own thread and post about mungiki. Please spare us the illiteracy.

Ni vyema muungano wa EAC ubase katika kurahishisha biashara baina ya nchi wanachama badala ya kukimbilia kugawana rasilimali za nchi wanachama.Hakuna mjadala Kenya hawana ardhi ya kutosha pia ziwa Victoria sehemu kubwa ipo Tanzania mjadala wa kutulaghai eti ziwa Victoria kusiwepo mipaka hauna tofauti na hili suala la kutaka ardhi iwe free kwa wananchi wote wa EAC.

Kuna mambo muhimu yanatakiwa kufanywa ili kuraishisha biashara baina ya nchi wa EAC.
kwa upanda wangu nadhani ni miundombinu kama barabara,reli,viwanja vya ndege,mawasiliano ya simu ya moja kwa moja,bima na shughuli za kibenki.

Hii habari ya kutaka kufanya rasilimali za nchi wanachama kutumika bila kujali mipaka na uraia nadhani bado sana wakati ukifika labda itawezakana hata kulijadili lakini kwa sasa hilo halitawezekana hata kidogo.

Kenya na Uganda wanaweza wakakubaliana kuondoa mipaka ya ziwa Victoria ingawa tayari kile kisiwa kidogo cha Migingo kinawatoa udenda.Tazania itaendelea kuheshimu mipaka yake kwasababu tayari tumepata somo zuri katika sakata la kisiwa cha Migingo.

Naomba kuwasilisha.

Stop derailing the thread my brother Mzalendo. There is no relation btw this thread and what you have posed above. Discuss what is at hand, and stop confusing us, you can start your own thread and post about mungiki. Please spare us the illiteracy.

Smatta,

The guy is right. The information posted about Mungiki is nothing but intends to remind us about behaviors that are constantly been demonstrated by our neighbors. Is like see how kenyans or ugandans who are pursuading us to form EAC union are behaving. Actually the information is closely related to the issue under discussion.

at times you behave as if Tanzania is sooo graet a nation that every country wants to liase with, wake up from your slumber, pliiiizzzz!! in every human aspect, socially, economically, education wise, manpower(human resource), etc, you lag behind, tell me something that you are known the world over for? anything, humbleness?? if being 'polite' puts bread on your table at the end of the day, then good for you and your country. The only thing that you have which most of us ignore is politeness, which can be naively interpreted as an inferiority complex.

We need aggressive competitors, people who can keep us on our toes by challenging us intellectually, economically, and all. Not just neighbors who talk alot and do nothing, always sensitive with the drummed in notion that Kenyans want to take their idle land. I think we have better things to do as a nation, other than try and persuade a neighbor who is not willing to cooperate, and will be a liability and baggage in the long run. If it was up to me, we would have ignored you as an EA counterpart, and looked for better and cooperative countries.
WAJINGA NDIO WALIWALO

at times you behave as if tanzania is sooo graet a nation that every country wants to liase with, wake up from your slumber, pliiiizzzz!! In every human aspect, socially, economically, education wise, manpower(human resource), etc, you lag behind, tell me something that you are known the world over for? Anything, humbleness?? If being 'polite' puts bread on your table at the end of the day, then good for you and your country. The only thing that you have which most of us ignore is politeness, which can be naively interpreted as an inferiority complex.

We need aggressive competitors, people who can keep us on our toes by challenging us intellectually, economically, and all. Not just neighbors who talk alot and do nothing, always sensitive with the drummed in notion that Kenyans want to take their idle land. I think we have better things to do as a nation, other than try and persuade a neighbor who is not willing to cooperate, and will be a liability and baggage in the long run. If it was up to me, we would have ignored you as an EA counterpart, and looked for better and cooperative countries.
WAJINGA NDIO WALIWALO

&&^%%#*&^^$@t$$$????????

Why hatred posts?? Remember your friend was banned and he is now whining!

Last edited:
at times you behave as if Tanzania is sooo graet a nation that every country wants to liase with, wake up from your slumber, pliiiizzzz!! in every human aspect, socially, economically, education wise, manpower(human resource), etc, you lag behind, tell me something that you are known the world over for? anything, humbleness?? if being 'polite' puts bread on your table at the end of the day, then good for you and your country. The only thing that you have which most of us ignore is politeness, which can be naively interpreted as an inferiority complex.

WAJINGA NDIO WALIWALO

you do not have menance to talk to us like that. I don't think violance has given you some breads as well, what i know is that, you have had more than ten million people without food in your country because of violance. you have got to learn that, solutions of every problem on planet earth doesn't come through being violent. you don't need someone violent to push you to do well. it is to do with your behavior to get to a breakthrough of your life. also this doen't mean that Tanzanians are not violent when you start a fight. we are polite and kind to ourselves and our guests, but if you pope your norse into something we do not accept, you will learn that we are more violent than Kenyans. Just come here in Dar, behave like you are in Kenya and you will know how tzs are.

You have a long way to go in your country to remove tribalism and violence. this has been implanted into every Kenyans heart. it is difficult to remove it. the mungiki from the kikuyu and all those kinds of childish violences are the ones which make us refuse to join with you. it is because, you resemble Somali people, Sudan and a few Ethiopians. to tell you, tzds love Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi very much and the problem here has always been Kenya for us, because you are not a people to trust, you are violent so we don't trust you in the federation or whatsoever union. had you not been there, the federation ingekuwa tayari muda mrefu. we are delaying in order to give you room to change your behaviors, otherwise, go join with sudan, somalia and chad. how has the violence of somali people challenged you so far? nawaombea mfanikiwe kuleta amani katika nchi yetu. mkipigana sana lakini mkaishiwa chakula kama mlivyo sasa, mnaweza kuomba kwa tz tunacho chakula tutawapa msaada,.na mbegu juu ili mkalime siku ingine msiombe.

Dont just look and laugh, look and learn. Congo wamebarikiwa na alot of resources lakini the resources are a curse in disguise, and there are so many African examples.. hopefully you will guard your resources jealously isije ikawa your undoing as a country.

Yes mkuu,

You are right, natural resources are a curse to many an African country. Oil and minerals require very heavy investment to exploit. No African country has the capital or expertise to tap into this industry, hence losing out on the lucrative returns. Conflicts in countries with these kinds of resources are mostly between the state and cowboy extractive companies that sponsor rebel groups.

Fishing on Lake Victoria is something else and relatively easier for anyone to get into. We dont need anyone fishing in our waters because we are already doing that very well thank you very much. In the true spirit of globalisation, we shall export our fish to all countries who want them, Kenya included.

you do not have menance to talk to us like that. I don't think violance has given you some breads as well, what i know is that, you have had more than ten million people without food in your country because of violance. you have got to learn that, solutions of every problem on planet earth doesn't come through being violent. you don't need someone violent to push you to do well. it is to do with your behavior to get to a breakthrough of your life. also this doen't mean that Tanzanians are not violent when you start a fight. we are polite and kind to ourselves and our guests, but if you pope your norse into something we do not accept, you will learn that we are more violent than Kenyans. Just come here in Dar, behave like you are in Kenya and you will know how tzs are.

You have a long way to go in your country to remove tribalism and violence. this has been implanted into every Kenyans heart. it is difficult to remove it. the mungiki from the kikuyu and all those kinds of childish violences are the ones which make us refuse to join with you. it is because, you resemble Somali people, Sudan and a few Ethiopians. to tell you, tzds love Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi very much and the problem here has always been Kenya for us, because you are not a people to trust, you are violent so we don't trust you in the federation or whatsoever union. had you not been there, the federation ingekuwa tayari muda mrefu. we are delaying in order to give you room to change your behaviors, otherwise, go join with sudan, somalia and chad. how has the violence of somali people challenged you so far? nawaombea mfanikiwe kuleta amani katika nchi yetu. mkipigana sana lakini mkaishiwa chakula kama mlivyo sasa, mnaweza kuomba kwa tz tunacho chakula tutawapa msaada,.na mbegu juu ili mkalime siku ingine msiombe.

Mwana wa mungu,
My apologize to you sir, because it seems I have touched a soft spot on my previous post.

As for the issue of us forming a federation with some of the countries you mentioned, lets see.... We would not like joining Sudan, in what way will we benefit from them? they have enough troubles within themselves already plus alot of Kenyans are working and investing there, and we dont want to saturate the place.

As for our good neighbours in Somali- I think we have unofficially formed a federation, they feel at home in Kenya, we have accepted their investments-whether legally got or ransom booty(we simply care less)- I think we are good with them.

That leaves us only one choice, Tanzania. They have unexploited resources, virgin land, a large pool of cheap labor(probably because of their education system), minerals e.g tanzanite (in which Kenya is almost competing with you in its export), a porous border, which leaves loop holes for illegal export of anything esp minerals amassed inside its border, corrupt officials.. I personally think that Kenya and Tanzania can make a good couple, where symbiotic relations will be discarded for its opposite, where intellects from the two countries will compete for the same jobs in a border free country, thats when you will realize that Kenyans are a cut above the rest.

Face the facts my brother, one day this will come to be true, whether you root for it or not, you will either be caught flat foot or ready for the challenges which will be brought by aggresive, competitive, and smart neighbours.

Silioni tatizo sisi sote ni wafrika isitoshe jirani ,ndugu kwanini tuishirikiane ?

Kushirikiana ni nchi fulani kutaka kubenefit kuliko nyingine? Jamaa waliwahi kusema Mt. Kilimanjaro kiko kenya, wanataka HQ ziwe huko, Ziwa lisiwe na mipaka baadaye itakuja watu wawe wamoja, ardhi iwe ya wote maana huko kenya hakuna ardhi ya kutosha na mengine mengi. Hapa kila nchi iliyondani ya jumuiya ina lake la moyoni except Tanzania ambayo bado imelala.

Back
Top Bottom