African Satellite World and Sat Gear

Move where? We are at home hatuko majuu RDI.
They are not new members, but old members with different usernames.
Sorry but sometimes you got to move on because RDI came and went, Amos5, digitu#k..... And we still need grease on our elbows

I don't receive Telenovella and GMA. To nab both of them i have to compromise Bb* & Dis**y .
On another note to nab GMA lnb must face SE whereas my current setting it face SW.
GIDEN can 1.8m nab AFN 1W?

View attachment 350930

View attachment 350938

View attachment 350939

Vicwa hello.

I dont understand this setup clearly. Does your zero degrees on the lnb horizontal to your dish? Mine r parallel to the satellites, is it the reason y my signals are weak and missing some vital chnls? Your advice will greatly assist.

Vicwa hello.

I dont understand this setup clearly. Does your zero degrees on the lnb horizontal to your dish? Mine r parallel to the satellites, is it the reason y my signals are weak and missing some vital chnls? Your advice will greatly assist.

The zero mark at the top of your c-band lnb should guide you on the correct lnb skew. As I'll never tire of saying, got the correct skew from dishpointer.com

I don't receive Telenovella and GMA. To nab both of them i have to compromise Bb* & Dis**y .
On another note to nab GMA lnb must face SE whereas my current setting it face SW.
GIDEN can 1.8m nab AFN 1W?

View attachment 350930

View attachment 350938

View attachment 350939
Thanks very much sir. Try blindscan with lnb settings 5150/5750. I can see you are using an Es21 single solution. GMA will pop up with no tweaking or touching your setup.

How does one do it? When I add two biskuti the signal goes where am i going wrong?
Use adhesive/duct tape to combine so that when you insert it to the groove on the LNB, part of it will be protruding. It will improve the signal significantly.
images

Use adhesive/duct tape to combine so that when you insert it to the groove on the LNB, part of it will be protruding. It will improve the signal significantly.
Thanks, I tried on Supermax and Es21, same behaviour

images
I used your idea to nab intelst 906 but those biscuits didn't protrude they fitted right inside the lnb, so do you mean that it must protrude to improve more signal?

I used your idea to nab intelst 906 but those biscuits didn't protrude they fitted right inside the lnb, so do you mean that it must protrude to improve more signal?
The best improvement happens when it protrudes somehow. But of course it has a limit. It shouldn't be toooo long to interfere with the waves before they reach the focus or collection point, before entering the feed horn.

The best improvement happens when it protrudes somehow. But of course it has a limit. It shouldn't be toooo long to interfere with the waves before they reach the focus or collection point, before entering the feed horn.
Yes I agree, if you have extra Teflon, cut into half then use it extend. It worked best on Intelsat 906.

SES seals deals in West Africa, Philippines

In a burst of activity, leading satellite operator SES has closed a number of contracts in Africa and Asia providing direct-to-home (DTH) services for free-to-air (FTA) and cable TV operators.

Through its SES Platform Services’ (SES PS) subsidiary, the company has strengthened its partnership with K-NET, an ICT and Telecoms platform services company based in Ghana, to create a joint venture.

The new partnership will contract SES capacity, SES PS’s and K-NET’s services, and aim to bring high picture quality content to the homes of millions of viewers by strengthening the DTH platform and also providing digital terrestrial television (DTT) services via SES’s prime orbital position at 28.2° East.

The joint venture will use SES capacity, K-NET’s teleport services and SES PS’s video platform services to offer a unified bouquet of high quality FTA and free-to-view channels, from all over West Africa, as well as some popular international channels, to millions of viewers in the region.

Read more: SOURCE

Hi Bostephen. I would also like to meet you but "kyeyo" is keeping me very busy.

@ Edson: Hi there. I notice you have a Starsat SR-2000HD HYPER . What is your experience with this stb?
I recently acquired one from Abu Dhabi (not available at all in Dubai) but at a steep price.
This receiver is not sold in the open market, in fact it is illegal in Dubai and a few other countries.
Where did you buy yours? It is very popular in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and other countries in Asia.
It is has G- linux OS and is PV capable with autoroll; mine is on 1.89* software.
Hallo dejumbo,
I acquired the Starsat SR-2000HD HYPER at the end of 2014 from Algeria for $50. The server subscription ran out at the beginning of this year and I chose not to renew it because of Internet tariffs here in Uganda. It's been fluid. My inconvenience has been it's tuner which I feel is not sensitive enough for fringe reception and it has a "rubbish" signal meter. Otherwise I'm more than happy with what've been getting out of it; frequent software updates (it's the most supported of the most recent starsat stb brands), the multimedia playback & PVR options are satisfying for a receiver at that price, "smart options" (DLNA support, weather, youtube, email, etc. ), Automatic software Update over the internet, over 400 IPTV channels (list) from all over the world including OSN channels though it shipped with only 3 months of IPTV subscription - renewal seems affordable (about $40 a year), star-share/G-share server that covers most European and Asian satellites from 30˚W - 156˚E with 3000+ channels at the time of writing (realtime list of channels active on the server) renewable for a year for about $40. Around the time I acquired it, it could open about 12 - 18 ds*v channels including SS3 (I in fact posted a SS3 screenshot to provoke questions here but it seems no one noticed) but ds*v vanished around mid last year with occasional opening of 1 or 2 channels for example TF 6 12015:27500 at the time of writing. I'm generally happy with what I'm extracting out of it.
Here is the picture I posted back then:
ss3-jpg.190712

I really want to reach you. I inboxed you my digits - can do it again if you didn't see the message.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom