Woman 19, lynched after stabbing man to death in Murang'a

Donatila

JF-Expert Member
Oct 23, 2014
1376696_3.jpg

A woman was lynched on Thursday morning after allegedly stabbing a man to death in Wairi village, Kangema sub-county.

Salome Wambui, 19, is said to have killed Kennedy Murimi, 23, by stabbing him twice in the chest in an argument over a phone.

Neighbours said Murimi sold the phone to Wambui at Sh1,000 but asked to have it back saying she refused to pay a balance of Sh200.

Witnesses said the two were seen conversing before the attack took place. They had been seen together the previous day during a meeting on a neighbour's burial.

Murimi's mother Fresia Nyambura said she heard neighbours screaming at 6.30 am.

"When I got out of my house, I was shocked to find my last born son lying in a pool of blood," Nyambura said. "He has murdered only 10 metres away from my house."

Kangema OCPD Cosmas Wachagoka said angry residents descended on the woman and lynched her soon after the man was found dead.

"By the time we got to the scene, the two were dead."

Wachagoka said residents were shocked by the turn of events as the man and woman had been friends for long.

"We have established the disagreement was over a phone. Their bodies were taken to Murang'a county hospital mortuary," he said.

Source: Star coke

Back
Top Bottom