#WithBeliefAndWorkAnythingIsPossible
Belief. Football. Liverpool
I have two events that I always think of when I am in low spirit. One is a video clip I watched in December 2008 ( New Year’s Eve of 2009 ). It is a video of the Wildebeest Migration in the Serengeti. A wildebeest is crossing Mara River and gets snatched by crocodiles. She is dragged into the water but she kicks up trying to rescue herself. All others have gone, she is left alone fighting. The crocodile tires of fighting her and lets her go. She walks out of the river, damaged (her one right leg eaten a bit) but alive. The image of this wildebeest slowly walking into the forest, alive, always raises my spirits and keeps me fighting.
Another is the story of the Liverpool match against AC Milan in Istanbul May 2005. I was in Dortmund, Germany for my International Trade studies. Liverpool was beaten 3-0 until half time but 90 minutes ended with 3-3 and later after added time Liverpool won by penalty shootout. The image that comes to me always is that of Captain Steven Gerard swinging his arms, telling teammates to keep on fighting after he scored a header to make 3-1. When in low spirits I recall this and all my spirit is up.
Last night, the 3rd one was added. The sensational Liverpool comeback. It was a testament to why I support Liverpool- the spirit of never giving up. My life philosophy. “When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high and don’t be afraid. At the end of the storm is a golden sky and the sweet silver song of the lark. Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain. Though your dreams be tossed and blown. Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart. And you’ll never walk alone. YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE.’