What dark secret do you wish people knew about Africa

anti-negative energy

Apr 13, 2019
I am TANZANIAN and spent 11 years in America as a legal immigrant and a further 9 years in either Europe or the UK. I have lived and worked in many African countries and traveled to many more. In this context my examples and references will be concerned with south africa country.

Here’s what I think I would want to present to the rest of the world as Africa’s dark secret.

The exchange rate (managed by the world’s first world countries) ensures that Africa is underpaid for both her work and her goods.

There is not one ethical reason why Africa should not be paid at the same rate for her valuable wealth and the excellence of the work she produces.

When profit is the driving force of the exchange rate, then countries which have less power (the third world) remain poor because no matter how hard they work, and how much wealth they export, they are paid insufficient money to take themselves out of poverty.

As a South African currently living in South Africa, I have come across yet another scam by first world countries.

Let’s take American retailer “Forever 21.” The price tags are marked $10 and ZAR R250. Currently, the exchange rate is high at R140 for $10. That means that South African buyers are paying twice what American buyers are. This has nothing to do with import taxes or transport to South Africa. It has to do with another practice in which sellers charge more for goods they sell to third world countries! Talk about taking advantage of the poor and the weak!

Nice, isn’t it?

Yup. That’s my contribution to dark secrets about Africa…

I think The exposure to the world (only if the story is true) has not changed your perception.
The problem with Africa is the corruption which is being regulated by our leaders
Leaders are selling our resources cheaply to whites because they have been given personal gains.
Have you seen the mansions of our leaders?
Stop lameting

Back
Top Bottom