Was it done purposely to hurt Suarez?

Mphamvu

JF-Expert Member
Jan 28, 2011
Robin van Persie scored a fantastic goal against Liverpool this weekend, beautiful long pass from Alex Song and The Viper scored what they call a beast goal, magical in nature.
In December last year, he scored almost the same goal against Everton, and the long pass came from very same person, the Cameroon midfielder. a month back, he scored the same type of goal against London rivals, Chelsea in 5-3 win in favor of Gunners let alone the one he scored against on foam Barcelona in champion's league some seasons back.
This weekend, the Dutchman not only proved his ability, but also sealed it, no doubt about him.
My concern today is about something different shown by Gunners captain in celebrating that goal, he bowed down and kissed Song's boot. You may say that I have no problem with that kind of fancy and appreciation, but why doing it on that game. It was not the first time he scored such a fantastic winning goal against tough opponent, yet it was not the first time for a pass to come from Arsenal's number 17, why such hailing to Song?
I know that it is Arsenal's culture to love and appreciating one another, but I doubt the kissing of the boot was a e dedication for 'hater' Luis Suarez.
We all know that Suarez had serious allegation against him recently involving racism against Patrice Evra, and in game against Manchester United this February he repeated same racist practice to Evra and Antonio Valencia, though he came to an apology later after that game. The boot kiss from Van Persie may be defined as symbol of neutrality against racial cases in Gunners' side, as well as to prove Suarez attitude against Africans/blacks wrong.

As we saw the panic in Luis' face after Robin's goal, one may say that it was the impact of that boot kissing and if that's it, it really worked. Lets wait and see what will be next reaction from the Uruguay forward….

Last edited by a moderator: