Was Dylann Roof driven to racist murder by a girl?

Spear

JF-Expert Member
Jun 21, 2008
29CF116D00000578-3132670-image-a-11_1434819454215.jpg
Killer: A website seemingly belonging to Charleston killer Dylann Roof included this photograph of him aiming posing with a gun and a Confederate flag surrounded by pot plants

Dylann Roof's cousin claims the suspected killer became racist after a girl he liked started dating a black man.

The 21-year-old is charged with murdering nine African American churchgoers in a Charleston bible study group on Wednesday night.

Since his arrest, it has emerged Roof harbored strong feelings against black people, had Confederate plates on his car, plotted to paint all Jews blue, and reportedly told friends that somebody needed to 'save the white race'.

According to Scott Roof, his cousin, these feeling were vitalized when Dylann's love interest became involved with a black man.

'He kind of went over the edge when a girl he liked starting dating a black guy two years back,' Scott told The Intercept, adding that he also 'started listening to that white power music stuff.'

'Dylann liked her. The black guy got her,' Scott said. 'He changed. I don't know if we would be here if not...' he finished, before hanging up the phone on the reporter.

His words come after it emerged Dylann apparently left a ranting, racist manifesto on the internet calling for a new civil war in America before staging his massacre.

A website hosting the document, seemingly written by Roof, 21, not long before the killings at the Emanuel AME Church emerged Saturday, and said he had 'no choice' but to carry out the massacre.

On the site, he pinpoints Charleston, South Carolina, as his target because of its high proportion of blacks, bemoans that there is 'no real KKK' to help him, and claims he has 'no choice' but to act.

The site also contained a cache of images of Roof burning the America flag, spitting on it, posing next to Confederate landmarks and standing menacingly with a gun pointed at the camera.

Roof's 2,500-word rant begins with saying he was not raised racist, but realized after his own efforts that 'drastic action' was necessary to stop the U.S. being taken over by minorities.

He also embarks on a bizarre digression on other races, where he dubs East Asians 'allies', calls Hispanics 'a huge problem' and says he wishes all Jews would turn blue for a day so people would realize they are different to whites.

In the text, which he implies was written not long before the killings, he declares: 'N****rs are stupid and violent.... Black people view everything through a racial lense [sic].'

He later continues: 'Anyone who thinks that White and black people look as different as we do on the outside, but are somehow magically the same on the inside, is delusional.

'How could our faces, skin, hair, and body structure all be different, but our brains be exactly the same? This is the nonsense we are led to believe.

'Negroes have lower Iqs [sic], lower impulse control, and higher testosterone levels in generals. These three things alone are a recipe for violent behavior.'

At the end of the text, he wrote: 'I have no choice. I am not in the position to, alone, go into the ghetto and fight.
Victims: Nine people died in the shooting. They are (top row, left to right) DePayne Middleton-Doctor, Tywanza Sanders, Myrah Thompson, (center row) Ethel Lance, Susie Jackson, Sharonda Coleman-Singleton, (bottom row) Daniel Simmons, Clementa Pinckney and Cynthia Hurd

I chose Charleston because it is most historic city in my state, and at one time had the highest ratio of blacks to Whites in the country.

'We have no skinheads, no real KKK, no one doing anything but talking on the internet. Well someone has to have the bravery to take it to the real world, and I guess that has to be me.

'Unfortunately at the time of writing I am in a great hurry and some of my best thoughts, actually many of them have been to be left out and lost forever.

'But I believe enough great White minds are out there already. Please forgive any typos, I didnt [sic] have time to check it.'

Federal authorities have handed the document to investigators, who are reviewing it.

The document also details how Roof came to hold his racist views, which he said formed after the highly-publicized killing of Trayvon Martin by George Zimmerman in 2012.

He wrote that hearing about the case prompting him to make internet searched for 'black on white crime', and from there to the Council of Conservative Citizens website.

The site, which crashed on Saturday, collects news links of what it describes as racist crimes against white people, and also rails against the mainstream media, which is says is ignoring a problem.

Roof says he was 'in disbelief' after reading through the collection of stories, and from there decided that he needed to take action.

Other photographs Roof seemingly uploaded show him posing with black mannequins, apparently dressed as slaves, at a museum. He is also pictured on a beach, squatting over White Supremacist symbols he drew in the sand.

Roof further claims that racial segregation is 'not a bad thing' and praises the white supremacist South African regime as well as attempting to glorify slavery.

The website is entitled Last Rhodesian - a reference to the former African state of Rhodesia, which was ruled by whites.

Roof's Facebook profile picture also featured him sporting a Rhodesian flag.

The site was set up in February 2015, and is registered via a privacy protection company in Queensland, Australia, designed to mask the identity of who runs a website.

However, the New York Times reports that the website was initially registered to Roof, then changed.

His apparent manifesto's longest section is entitled 'blacks'. Within, he claims white oppression of black people is a narrative of 'historical lies, exaggerations and myths'.

He wrote: 'Modern history classes instill a subconscious White superiority complex in Whites and an inferiority complex in blacks.

'This White superiority complex that comes from learning of how we dominated other peoples is also part of the problem I have just mentioned. But of course I dont [sic] deny that we are in fact superior.

'I wish with a passion that n****rs were treated terribly throughout history by Whites, that every White person had an ancestor who owned slaves, that segregation was an evil an [sic] oppressive institution, and so on.

'...But it isnt true. None of it is. We are told to accept what is happening to us because of ancestors wrong doing [sic], but it is all based on historical lies, exaggerations and myths.

'... Only a fourth to a third of people in the South owned even one slave. Yet every White person is treated as if they had a slave owning [sic] ancestor. This applies to in the states where slavery never existed, as well as people whose families immigrated after slavery was abolished.

'I have read hundreds of slaves narratives from my state. And almost all of them were positive'

In a section marked 'patriotism', the text says: 'I hate the sight of the American flag. Modern American patriotism is an absolute joke.

'People pretending like they have something to be proud while White people are being murdered daily in the streets'.

Roof appeared in court on Friday charged with nine counts of murder. According to media reports, Roof has confessed to the murders.

Friends have also said that not long before the attacks he burst into racist rants and declared that he wanted to spark a civil war with a mass shooting.

Source:
DailyMail

Back
Top Bottom