THE REASON I WILL NEVER BE YOUR VALENTINE

HDP

Aug 22, 2015
Understanding Valentines Day
Why you can't be my Valentine:

February 14th was called “Lupercalla”
Or “day of the wolf”

This was a day that was sacred to the sexual frenzy of the goddess Juno.
This day also honoured the Roman gods, Lupercus and Faunus, as well as the legendary twin brothers, who supposedly founded Rome, REMUS AND ROMULUS

Lupercous= hunter of wolves

The Romans called the festival the “lupercalia.”The custom of exchanging valentines and all the other traditions in honour of Lupercus who was also linked with an ancient pagan practice of teen-agers “going steady” it usually led to fornication.

The day of Lupercalia

On this day, the Luperci or priests of Lupercus dressed in goat skins for a bloody ceremony. The wolf god would sacrifice goats and a dog and then smear themselves with blood; he would run around a hill while waving a goat skin called “februa.” from where we get the name February. Women would sit around the hill, as the priest would strike them with a goat skin to make them fertile.

Love notes

All the young women in the city would gather in the city and their names were put in the boxes. These “love notes” were called billets. The men of Rome would draw a billet, and the woman whose name was on the billet became his sexual lust partner with whom he would fornicate until the next Lupercalia or February 14th.

The colour red

The colour red as sacred to that day because of the blood from the goat and dog and the heart shape was not after the human heart but represents the human matrix or opening to the chamber of sacred copulation.

St Valentine’s Day

Saint valentine’s was an obscure, possibly legendary, martyr who by tradition was put to death by the Romans on February 14th,about AD 269.this day was made a feast day by the Roman Catholic Church. The day of his death coincided with that of the Roman feast of the Lupercalia….the celebration of the two merged.

So Valentine’s Day is nothing but a continuation of the Lupercalia.
On this day millions of young people are loosing their virginity because of this day. For many, it’s ok to have sexual intercourse just because it is Valentine.
Make the right choice and stay away from this wickedness. For many it is a day to make business. All the shops will during this week be clad in RED. Stay away from this frenzy

CONCLUSION: (Acts 17:30)
The bible says; “My people perish for lack of knowledge…” (Hosea 4:6) KJV
Let’ read 1Corinthians 6:15-20

You can choose to take heed to what I have shared with you or to ignore it. The choice is yours.

Sent using Jamii Forums mobile app

Back
Top Bottom