The English of President Magufuli of Tanzania

I managed to carefully listen to President Magufuli addressing the EAC heads of State. His english is neither good nor bad but it can be better.

President Magufuli speaks SwahiEnglish, a language nowhere to find. As a matter of fact, President Magufuli needs a 6 month extra english lessons to catch up with his counterparts in the region.

I understand why he didn't attend the Davos Conference in Switzerland, the fear is enorm if you can't express or hold bilateral sessions with your colleagues in a language that yourself you don't manage.

I also understand why he invited all ambassadors to the state house yet he didn't appear. He ended hiding himself underneath of the state house tables somewhere in the house.

His level of english communications is too low. This is another major blow for Tanzanians after Kikwete finding himself in the same situation in his presidency.
Uzi huu unaonyesha kiwango cha ukoloni kilivyowaingia waafrika. Inasemekana mkoloni alijenga mizizi imara ,ya kuhakikisha kuwa tunathamini kila cha kwao. Yaani mwandishi unapoteza muda kuandika udhaifu wako wa kuona kuwa kiingereza ni bora kumbe ni lugha tu. Mbona wachina wanazungumza kichina? Wakolea wanazungumza kikolea? Kuamini lugha ya kigeni hasa kiingereza ni utumwa mkubwa.

Welcome back Gerald .M Magembe. Just for information there is this thing called a learning curve...a learning curve can be slow or fast depending on the learner. When it is slow, it can take years to be proficient on a particular subject. Trouble is for some people it can take a much longer period or even a whole lifetime to learn!

Now, here is the problem...there are a few individuals who will just never learn, you know why? Because by that time they are dead or simply put, it took them longer than their lifetime. Poor them! My heart goes to them...sniff sniff!

And there is this other thing, Language proficiency...Language proficiency is the ability of an individual to use language with a level of accuracy that transfers meaning in production and comprehension. Poor fellow Tanzanians! My heart goes out to you...sniff sniff!

Grammar is probably the number one concern for English learners. But would you believe that for most native speakers, they don’t really notice that much? Making grammar mistakes should actually be very low on your list of problems, because even if you make mistakes, you can still communicate effectively.

Even some famous people are known for making language mistakes, and it adds to their popularity and charm! As long as you are able to communicate your ideas, acquire vocabulary, understand people and have an exchange with others in English, don’t worry about making mistakes!

Mistakes will only improve over time with a lot of practice, and one day, you’ll realize that you are making far fewer mistakes than before, and you won’t even know how you did it!

Watu Kama wewe mleta mada uko tayari kumsamehe mtu anayemtafuna mkeo kwa sababu tu amekuomba msamaha kiingereza. Watwana hamuishi kwenye jamii ya Kitanzania. Umeshawahi kumsikia Xi Jinping akiongea kiingereza!!??? Umeshawahi kumsikia Francois Hollande akiongea kiingereza!!!??? Umeshawahi kumsikia Putin akiongea Kiingereza!!?? Umeshawahi kumsikia Kim Jong-Un akiongea kiingereza!!!???
Acha utwana Nyamafu

Grammar is probably the number one concern for English learners. But would you believe that for most native speakers, they don’t really notice that much? Making grammar mistakes should actually be very low on your list of problems, because even if you make mistakes, you can still communicate effectively.

Even some famous people are known for making language mistakes, and it adds to their popularity and charm! As long as you are able to communicate your ideas, acquire vocabulary, understand people and have an exchange with others in English, don’t worry about making mistakes!

Mistakes will only improve over time with a lot of practice, and one day, you’ll realize that you are making far fewer mistakes than before, and you won’t even know how you did it!
Oh wow! wow! wow! Gerald .M Magembe, I doubt if you read what I wrote and if you did, I wonder whether you did comprehend the message so conveyed therein but then who am I to judge you! (chuckle!)

Let me repeat the last part and this time please take your time, usikurupuke (if you know what I mean)...Language proficiency is the ability of an individual to use language with a level of accuracy that transfers meaning in production and comprehension.

Nevertheless, thank you...oh no I am sorry, before I forget, this I have to know and no malice intended...do you also happen be one of our esteemed PhD holders?

Oh wow! wow! wow! Gerald .M Magembe, I doubt if you read what I wrote and if you did, I wonder whether you did comprehend the message so conveyed therein but then who am I to judge you! (chuckle!)

Let me repeat the last part and this time please take your time, usikurupuke (if you know what I mean)...Language proficiency is the ability of an individual to use language with a level of accuracy that transfers meaning in production and comprehension.

Nevertheless, thank you...oh no I am sorry, before I forget, this I have to know and no malice intended...do you also happen be one of our esteemed PhD holders?
Why this question directed to me?

Uzi huu unaonyesha kiwango cha ukoloni kilivyowaingia waafrika. Inasemekana mkoloni alijenga mizizi imara ,ya kuhakikisha kuwa tunathamini kila cha kwao. Yaani mwandishi unapoteza muda kuandika udhaifu wako wa kuona kuwa kiingereza ni bora kumbe ni lugha tu. Mbona wachina wanazungumza kichina? Wakolea wanazungumza kikolea? Kuamini lugha ya kigeni hasa kiingereza ni utumwa mkubwa.
Watuachie rais wetu John Pombe Magufuli KIBOKO YA CORONA ILIYOWASHINDA WAINGEREZA
Anatufaa mno 💥

Magufuli anatia aibu mno akiwa anaongea Kiingereza.

Hiyo lugha haimudu vizuri.

Aachane nayo tu.

Kutokuimudu vizuri si jinai.

Hebu ona hapa wakati anamtambulisha Shein halafu msikilize Shein anavyoongea.

Yaani ni mbingu na ardhi.

Aiseee!

Back
Top Bottom