The Dark Legacy...

Kibunango

Platinum Member
Aug 29, 2006
LEGACY.jpg
They were brutalised or killed by Moi’s agents and yet Wako has refused to pay compensation awarded by courts. The victims of Kenya’s darkest chapter won’t wait for the Truth and Reconciliation for a hearing

IN SUMMARY
-They were brutalised or killed by Moi’s agents and yet Wako has refused to pay compensation awarded by courts.
-The victims of Kenya’s darkest chapter won’t wait for the Truth and Reconciliation for a hearing
-How a small band of Moi agents wrote Kenya’s darkest chapter in a basement

“One of the officers was appearing in the cell every morning and telling me that I had little option but certain death if I did not cooperate by accepting that I was a member of Mwakenya. I survived on bread and tea for six days when I broke down and accepted that I had taken an oath.”

Waheire was taken to court at 5.30 pm and convicted on his own plea of guilty. He was jailed for four years on December 17, 1986. His plea of guilt obviously meant that Mghanga, Mutonya, Mutahi and Murathe recruited him.

For Maurice Adongo Ogony, then a lecturer at the Mombasa Polytechnic, Nyayo House was a place of discoveries.

“I made a few interesting and sometimes painful discoveries in that joint,” Adongo who was arrested in April 1986 narrates.

More at Nation

Was just reading a book 'WE LIVED TO TELL', and the atrocities which were done to these patriots are unthinkable. The worst thing is that after all their suffering, nothing tangible has been achieved, the perpetrators of these inhuman acts still walk the streets and some still hold public office.

Its a shame on how even after much evidence being provided, nothing is done, no one has faced the full force of law, and no one has been questioned.These is what is killing Kenya, IMPUNITY.

That is a loving Africa, they don't go with tangible and impeccable exhibits. Those kind of redress and merits don't exist in Africa.

It is shame and sad to see these things are happening todate in a free state.

Back
Top Bottom