Tanzania joins East African Community in a single tourist visa initiative

kayaman

JF-Expert Member
Aug 3, 2013
The original countries involved in the initiative, which allows visitors to travel to certain countries on one visa, were Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. Tanzania is newest country to join.

Waturi Matu, coordinator at Kenya Tourism Federation, says part of the delay in Tanzania joining the agreement was lack of infrastructure.

“What has been lacking has been political goodwill and I think certain countries needed to get themselves prepared for the implementation. Of course it requires internet technology to do that and I think that’s what caused the delay,” said Matu.
One visa for East African travel

The original countries involved in the initiative, which allows visitors to travel to certain countries on one visa, were Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. Tanzania is newest country to join.

Waturi Matu, coordinator at Kenya Tourism Federation, says part of the delay in Tanzania joining the agreement was lack of infrastructure.

“What has been lacking has been political goodwill and I think certain countries needed to get themselves prepared for the implementation. Of course it requires internet technology to do that and I think that’s what caused the delay,” said Matu.
...lol! kwa hiyo TANZANIA nayo imejiunga? duh, hivi huyu kiongozi Mh. Magufuli alikuwa wapi miaka 10 iliyowaharibikia pasipo kutegemea? kweli hapa kazi tu! kwa kasi hii naona mtammbadilishia hata KATIBA(Rwandan style) kwani hauwezi ukatabili atakayepokezwa kijiti atafanyaje... watch out! kuna mijitu ambayo ni mitaalam ya KUHARIBU nchi... sasa TANZANIA ikishaingia mgao wa mapato utakuwaje? kwani currently ni kwamba mtoaji hiyo VIZA atachukua 40$ waliobakia wawili nao wagawane 60$ ambayo ni sawa na 30$ kwa kila mmoja! TAHADHARI: someni vizuri hiyo mikataba lakini, msije mkaleta kama za yule mama waziri wa Uganda aliyeacha kutafuta watalii huku akifikiri eti KENYA na RWANDA zitawatafutia wateja alafu wapate 30$ kiulaini bila kuangaika... akasahau kwamba MTALII ndiye anayechagua VIZA inayomfaa(EAC VIZA au LOCAL VIZA)

Kwahiyo imejiunga leo kwasababu hizo infrastructure zimekwishatengamaa?

Mimi ni mzungu.Nipo marekani taka kuja kutembea serengeti,mikumi,msamvu,masai mara kenya na kuingia kampala.kwahiyo nikiilipia viza Dar ni hiyo hiyo hadi kampala kwa kupitia Namanga au Tarakea?

Back
Top Bottom