Stupidity vs Common Sense....

Mtoboasiri

JF-Expert Member
Aug 6, 2009
....Mods; this is not intended to be an insult to anyone, rather as a way for those using their brains appropriately to give their honest opinions.

I saw this debate somewhere (an the members are all professionals in management and micro-credits) and the following are some of the contributions (un-edited on anything minus their names of course):

Initial Comment
Stupidity VS Common Sense who wins..?!

Please share your thoughts and personal experiences..
----------------------------------------------------

First Comment
Never heard of stupidity ever won. Why debate on such stupid topics
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Comment

Thank you for sharing with me your thoughts..!! however there are too many people who believe that inteligence has a limit while stupidiry does not...
Many philosophs , mathematicians etc have a debate for this subject for centuries.. btw i have copy pasted below a quote by Albert Einstein about the stupidity and another one about the common sense..
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
Now of i get it right you believe that common sence wins over stupidity right..?? While many others believe that stupidity is unbeatable..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Comment
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us..!! well i would certainly agree with you .. but then ... i'm thinking of :

A. The Germans are highly educated people with culture and history but they have voted for Adolf Hitler to be their leader and they have started a world war against the whole universe .. wich is against the common sense or is a stupidity right..??

B. Another example is the US administration spent zillions of US & for the Lewinski "scandal" .. when they could spend this Megabig amount for something better right..?? which means is against the common sense or is a stupidity..??

Perhaps stupidity has much bigger "depth" that all of us think..?? Just a thought..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your message.and for sharing your thoughts with us.. !! I hear what you say but the fact is that if you speak to your HR dep/t they 'll assure you that quite often higly skilled and very potential pro's are leaving their job's because they can't deal longer with "stupidity" ( or at least that's' what they believe..) i'm pretty confident that your sales or the purchasing dep/t will agree and they'll give you a number of examples that somebody - somehow didn't throw away a challenge or opened his/er mouth @ the wrong time with the wrong attitude and a good deal went away..

I 've seen your comments (which btw are wellcomed ..!!)- you said :( this is a forum for intellectuals and professional , one should avoid such topics) - and i'm thinking that too many pro's out there sufering from an idiot , customer , colleague , Mgr , or Boss etc and by sharing our experiences or exchange ideas we could assist some of them ..

On the other hand if someone believes that this topic is below her/is level doesnt't need to join.. (simple as that..)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fourth Comment
To quote John Wayne, "Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." and Benjamin Franklin said, "Common sense is not so common [as you've been led to believe]." However, there is a difference between being stupid and ignorant. Stupid can't understand; ignorant can with the application of common sense.

Fifth Comment
"Arrogance is a creature. It does not have senses.It has only a sharp tongue and the pointing finger." ― Toba Betatags: arrogance, sign-of-weakness

"Without humor, we'd all be what we're laughing at. Without arrogance, we'd be humiliated to admit we already are." ― Benson Bruno,

My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors. Maya Angelou
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixth Comment
Unfortunately "common sense" is not so common. Stupidity prevails in a world where the standardization of the educational system produces very few people who actually think.

Seventh Comment
Stupidity can bring common sence. Not preferred but... Ignorance and stupidity are two different things though. What may be viewed as a less than preferred approach could also be limitations imposed by the organizational dynamics. Change is change regardless of speed or adoption rate.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So lads and lasses, what do you think?

Toa taarifa ya maudhui yasiyofaa!

Kuna taarifa umeiona humu JamiiForums na haifai kubaki mtandaoni?
Fanya hivi...

Umesahau Password au akaunti yako?

Unapata ugumu kuikumbuka akaunti yako? Unakwama kuanzisha akaunti?
Contact us

Top Bottom