Ng'wanza Madaso

JF-Expert Member
Oct 21, 2008
Samuel Eto'o Alleges Cameroon Football Association Wants Him Killed

By Adrian Agius
(Featured Columnist) on February 11, 2013

hi-res-143257449_crop_exact.jpg

Dmitry Korotayev/Getty Images
In what can only be described as shocking comments, Anzhi Makachkala forward Samuel Eto'o has told of how he fears for his life from the Cameroon Football Associaton. The comments come after the African legend spoke about his conflict with the Cameroonian Football Federation.

The former Barcelona man told Cameroonian magazine Je Wanda (via ESPN):
The leaders of the FCF want to attack my life, they want to kill me. I live with a group of gendarmes (military forces) and one sleeping in front of my door. I do this not out of snobbery, but for my own safety.
[The federation] have swindled our money long enough. Instead of managing football for the general interest, they are only concerned with fictitious missions, first class travels and untraceable bank accounts in Europe.
The last few years haven't proved too promising for Cameroonian football. In 2012, they were bundled out of AFCON qualifying by Cape Verde. Les Lions Indomptables have also slipped down six places in the most recent FIFA rankings to 67th.

Eto'o's comments come just a week after the investigation into world-wide football match-fixing was announced. Personally, his comments regarding money prove quite alarming, especially considering the extent Eto'o is alleging people will go to in order to cover their tracks.

Since his move to Anzhi in Russia, Eto'o ha somewhat fallen off the footballing radar. He is currently working to be fit for his side's clash against Hannover in the Europa League.

The Cameroonian International further labelled those involved with the federation to be "incompetent and corrupt."
I must stress these are only allegations made by Eto'o-serious ones at that. There has not yet been any response from the Cameroonian Football Association.

Scary stuff.

Back
Top Bottom