Relocated Ngorongoro residents see promising future at Msomera

MIMI BABA YENU

JF-Expert Member
Mar 1, 2019
Described President Samia as a Bless-hearted Leader to emulate

One Named her Daughter after Samia in honour of the President

By Correspondent, Tanzania

The first batch of former Ngorongoro residents who arrived at Msomera village in Handeni District, Tanga region, has described the new residents as promising future because of the various opportunities available in the area.

About 111 people arrived in Msomera village to start a new life after exiting Ngorongoro Crater where they lived for a number of years but voluntarily decided to vacate the area to pave way for conservation.
The government have compensated all Ngorongoro residents who voluntarily agreed to move to Msomera and it further provided transport for them and their properties including livestock.
After arriving in Msomera village in Handeni District, some of the former residents of Ngorongoro who have now moved to Handeni district have expressed their views regarding the voluntary movement from Ngorongoro to Msomera.

Samuel Daniel Huho (60) from Kimba village in Ngorongoro Conservation Area, said that his dreams have come true after he and his family had finally arrived at Msomera village. “We are finally here and on behalf of my fellow Maasai who arrived at Msomera, we would like to congratulate and thank our President Samia Suluhu Hassan because she cared about us”.

“My family and I and all people who arrived here to start a new prosperous life have been compensated by the government but still President added some amounts to what we already received as compensation. Now We live in this area happily with lots of peace and we pray to God that he grants her good health so that she continues leading the nation in the right direction”, explained Mr Samuel.

He said the house and land that have been allocated for him and his family are big enough to enable him to start economic activities such as farming where he plans to buy a tractor and also do business and livestock keeping.

On his part, Richard Sane Olemokolo who was living at Mokilal village in Ngorongoro is admitting that the new life at Msomera village is far better and more promising compared to his previous residence.

“Life in the crater is not easy as people can imagine, you cannot progress in terms of economic activities because you cannot do farming or increase the number of livestock and worst enough, you cannot build a permanent house and it requires a permit from the Authority if one wants to put a structure.

Now look here at Msomera, it’s totally different story from the crater life. There are nice houses built by the government, land for farming and I secured a title deed of the land that the government has allocated for me and my family”, explained Mr Richard Sane Olemokolo.

He expressed his sincere gratitude to President Samia Suluhu Hassan and the entire government for proper coordination and support that saw them smoothly vacating the crater for Msomera village.

In another incident that signifies the willingness of people residing in Ngorongoro to vacate the Conservation area, told reporters that they thought the process would have taken another year but now they are happy and they expect the remained residents of Ngorongoro who have willingly registered to vacate will be assisted quickly so that they can be able to join them in Msomera.

“I am pleased to be here now because since last year when I was pregnant I wanted to come to this place. I like the way the government is working day and night to engage people on this matter and please convey my congratulations to President Samia, she is a visionary leader and am impressed with her working style, love for her people and due to such inspiration, I decided to name my second baby girl as Samia and I hope when my girl grow up she will emulate President Samia”, Paulina Qwarayi Bajuta.

In a move to protect and preserve the nature of the Ngorongoro Conservation Area, the Tanzania government has requested residents living in Ngorongoro crater who voluntarily want to vacate the area and pave way for conservation, to voluntary register their names and the government will provide full support and facilitate their movement from the crater to Msomera or any palace they would prefer to resettle.

Back
Top Bottom