Nepotism at its best: The untold reality about Tanzania

Nepotism is the order of the day in Africa, specifically in Tanzania my brother!!!
My brother...we all agree this is the order of the day in Africa.....and rightly so..very prevalent in TZ......but its not enough to just accept this sad reality in TZ.....its high time now to decry this openly....because it denies genuine citizens their rights big time....especially professionals....no wonder nowadays in TZ...the public service is so down....public servants don't have morale to effectively deliver ....because some of them are being led by very in competent and corrupt leaders...take an example of the MoHSW.......As Hon.Edwin Mtei rightly said above..we need to deal with this issue in our new constitution.......we can't move on like this as nation....

Mwana JF Nderingosha,

I thank you for your support that this crucial problem should be tackled when writing the New Costitution.

I note that you are not sure if I am the Edwin Mtei of the BoT. I am, as I see no reason to hide behind anonymous names when I am handling a serious national issue like Nepotism.

I am the same Mtei that became Minister of Finance, fell out with Nyerere, resigned and became a coffee farmer. You may know that on Nyerere's own instigation, I later had a spell of four years in Washington as Executive Director on the Board of the International Monetary Fund.

Subsequently, I took part in the founding of CHADEMA, becoming its first national chairman. I am happy that the stance and calibre of the leadership of this political party may offer a viable solution to the threat of Nepotism in Tanzania.

I note that you are not sure if I am the Edwin Mtei of the BoT. I am, as I see no reason to hide behind anonymous names when I am handling a serious national issue like Nepotism.

I am the same Mtei that became Minister of Finance, fell out with Nyerere, resigned and became a coffee farmer.

Subsequently, I took part in the founding of CHADEMA, becoming its first national chairman
[/QUOTE}

Njia yako fupi sana, nipe muda kidogo nikuumbue!

Mwana JF Nderingosha,

I thank you for your support that this crucial problem should be tackled when writing the New Costitution.

I am the same Mtei that became Minister of Finance, fell out with Nyerere, resigned and became a coffee farmer. You may know that on Nyerere's own instigation, I later had a spell of four years in Washington as Executive Director on the Board of the International Monetary Fund.

Subsequently, I took part in the founding of CHADEMA, becoming its first national chairman. I am happy that the stance and calibre of the leadership of this political party may offer a viable solution to the threat of Nepotism in Tanzania.
Salute you sir for your elaborate clarity......I really wish this country had leaders of your quality...because we wouldn't be where we are today....God bless you sir....for also being the founding father of the CHADEMA...the seemingly only remaining hope for majority of Tanzanians who wish all the best for this very wealthy nation (naturally)...On top of this...please sir...i kindly request you(as one of the CHADEMA CC member)to be exceedingly firm on issues pertaining to the party's internal union among its all leaders...including how leaders react to political issues in the country....because,one of the sad things we Tanzanians don't want to happen with CHADEMA is internal conflicts among the leaders and other members....as this may easily lead into party's breakdown....an unfortunate reality we have seen happening with opposition parties in TZ....and also a weapon always being used by the ruling party(CCM) to suppress the opposition....That said, i once again salute you for having your possibly rare opportunity to comment to this post....and i lastly wish you all the best with your candidate in Arumeru east...Hon.Nassari....wish he gets elected and we can see him challenging the status quo in the coming years......

Mwana JF Nderingosha,

I like your autobiography book ''from goatherd to governor'' ka sijakosea

Wengine tulizaliwa kwa ajili ya kuongozwa tu, wengine walizaliwa kwa ajili ya kuongoza. Is that our fate or the beautiful ones are not yet born??

You are beautiful since you were born; fungua akili yako na uchukue hatua ya kujikomboa sasa!!

'....... vacant posts in the civil service are either filled by 'Godfather' clientele methods, or by outright nepotism.

These claims shake the confidence people have in the government, and need to be checked against other causes of getting jobs or failing to get them, instead of suggesting just foul play.

Human weaknesses unavoidably exist, but does the civil service ignore merit in a systematic manner in favour of nepotism?'

More: http://allafrica.com/stories/200710310801.html

Mwana JF Nderingosha,

Truly, just to be sure of your identity. Apart from the captioned incidences, can you tell exactly why you ended up devaluing the TZS without consultation with your seniors?

Then, for sure you are a mchaga. Can a mchaga come clean when we say this word, nepotism?

.......".................

Human weaknesses unavoidably exist, but does the civil service ignore merit in a systematic manner in favour of nepotism?

More: http://allafrica.com/stories/200710310801.html

What a weak question is this? Poorly phrased, bad english and bad meaning, as well! Anyhow i understand what you mean. And I say yes! Nepotism is now a prime tool for job placements. A simple example; You know Hussen Mwinyi. Do you see any quality in him to handle ministerial posts hfor that long time? You know this young man, Riz1. Do you realise any sign of someone with medulla in use?

you have the John Mongela, the Mashishanga, the Pinda, etc. please, eplore themlegality of having someone like Jenesta Mhagama at a vice position to the minister of education, this Kawambwa, a man who had never delivered anything anywhere, just there because he is linkedIn wakwele group. This Hawa Gasia, never before a known woman but a relative to the president's wife, Shit! Many, many useless people are holding powerful posts under lame qualifications. Religion, tribe, clan, you name it.

What a weak question is this? Poorly phrased, bad english and bad meaning, as well! Anyhow i understand what you mean. And I say yes! Nepotism is now a prime tool for job placements. A simple example; You know Hussen Mwinyi. Do you see any quality in him to handle ministerial posts hfor that long time? You know this young man, Riz1. Do you realise any sign of someone with medulla in use?

you have the John Mongela, the Mashishanga, the Pinda, etc. please, eplore themlegality of having someone like Jenesta Mhagama at a vice position to the minister of education, this Kawambwa, a man who had never delivered anything anywhere, just there because he is linkedIn wakwele group. This Hawa Gasia, never before a known woman but a relative to the president's wife, Shit! Many, many useless people are holding powerful posts under lame qualifications. Religion, tribe, clan, you name it.

Well, English is not my mother-tongue and this was the editorial of The Citizen.

Apologies if I misspelled the language of Her Majesty.

Kulalamika hakusaidi kuleta mabadiliko. Action matters more than mere words! Haki, usawa, maisha bora hatakuja kwa kuimba ngojera mitandaoni bali kwa vitendo. Tujiandikishe tupige kura let's support vyama ambavyo ni potential katika kutukwamua kupokwama.

Back
Top Bottom