My laptop fails to restart, any help please!

JF2050

JF-Expert Member
Sep 25, 2010
My laptop installed with two operating systems: Windows 7 home basic and Ubuntu Linux 11.04 fails to restart.

I tried to do the error check and get this message:

the file or directory H:\found.000\dir0000.chk is corrupt and unreadable. please run the Chkdsk utility.

Then tried to run Chkdsk/r through prompt command in safe mode and get the following message: "The type of the file system is NTFS-
Cannot lock current drive-
Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected-".

Any help or advise is welcome and appreciated.

boot with window 7 installation disk and choose repair option

Thank you Never give up. Choosing repair option will display this error msg:

the file or directory H:\found.000\dir0000.chk is corrupt and unreadable. please run the Chkdsk utility.

Any further advise?

My laptop installed with two operating systems: Windows 7 home basic and Ubuntu Linux 11.04 fails to restart.I tried to do the error check and get this message:the file or directory H:\found.000\dir0000.chk is corrupt and unreadable. please run the Chkdsk utility. Then tried to run Chkdsk/r through prompt command in safe mode and get the following message: "The type of the file system is NTFS-Cannot lock current drive-Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected-".Any help or advise is welcome and appreciated.
When you see GRUB boot options, select your Windows install and hit Enter. Immediately press and hold F8. You will see a screen with quite a few options. Select "Disable Automatic Restart On System Failure" and hit Enter. COpy paste the BSOD code here. It should probably be 0X000007B or 0X00000024

When you see GRUB boot options, select your Windows install and hit Enter. Immediately press and hold F8. You will see a screen with quite a few options. Select "Disable Automatic Restart On System Failure" and hit Enter. COpy paste the BSOD code here. It should probably be 0X000007B or 0X00000024

Thank you. To get your point clearly, where actually should I paste BSOD code?

Thank you. To get your point clearly, where actually should I paste BSOD code?
Ready to proceed? Start by installing Windbg from the Windows SDK: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...dware/hh852360 Once installed, associate .dmp files with Windbg by entering the following in a command prompt:Code:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Debugging Tools for Windows (x64)\Debuggers\x64\windbg.exe" -IAIf Windbg is installed in a different location, change the command accordingly. Just a heads-up, the -IA part is case sensitive. , as most commands are not case sensitive. When done, open a copy of Windbg, go to File > Symbol file path, and copy/paste:Code:SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbolsYou can replace C:\symbols with any other path you'd like the symbol cache to be stored on. If you have a low-capacity SSD, be warned the folder can grow to a couple GBs. After that, you can just double-click on the dmps and it will open. If a driver or program is the cause of the BSODs, it will usually show up in the Probably Caused By line.Code:probably caused by: e1c62x64.sys

Ready to proceed? Start by installing Windbg from the Windows SDK: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...dware/hh852360 Once installed, associate .dmp files with Windbg by entering the following in a command prompt:Code:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Debugging Tools for Windows (x64)\Debuggers\x64\windbg.exe" -IAIf Windbg is installed in a different location, change the command accordingly. Just a heads-up, the -IA part is case sensitive. , as most commands are not case sensitive. When done, open a copy of Windbg, go to File > Symbol file path, and copy/paste:Code:SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbolsYou can replace C:\symbols with any other path you'd like the symbol cache to be stored on. If you have a low-capacity SSD, be warned the folder can grow to a couple GBs. After that, you can just double-click on the dmps and it will open. If a driver or program is the cause of the BSODs, it will usually show up in the Probably Caused By line.Code:probably caused by: e1c62x64.sys

Thank you: I'm trying to figure out how to install winddbg in a system that fails to restart at all, even using a recovery CD, the destiny is some error msg!

Thank you: I'm trying to figure out how to install winddbg in a system that fails to restart at all, even using a recovery CD, the destiny is some error msg!
You can use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) to troubleshoot and repair the following items in Windows Vista or Windows 7:A master boot record (MBR)A boot sectorA Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store click here How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows

Thank you Never give up. Choosing repair option will display this error msg:

Any further advise?

Try to google the error message..u might find a solution in different forums..

Back
Top Bottom