Miguna Miguna to run for Governor of Nairobi County

Ab-Titchaz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2008
TEN POINT PROGRAM FOR
MY CANDIDATURE FOR THE POSITION OF GOVERNOR FOR NAIROBI

I have today announced my candidature for the position of Governor for the Nairobi County in the 2013 general elections. I will be contesting as an independent bipartisan candidate.

On September 1st, 2012, I delivered my resignation as an ODM life member to the Secretary General of the party, Hon. (Prof.) Peter Anyang' Nyong'o and copied the same to the Registrar of Political Parties, as required by law.

My candidature is premised on:

1. Tackling the unemployment rate, especially among the youth, which shamefully stand at 65% by creating opportunities through increased, efficient and accountable revenue collection, the initiation of massive infrastructural development and effective and skills-oriented youth training and employment programs.

2. Proactively and systematically instituting and implementing systems aimed at eliminating grand corruption that siphons more than 60% of the DGP thereby releasing the recovered funds and those saved from theft for employment and other development initiatives.

3. Constructing the largest solid waste management system in Africa. We will build modern sewers, collect and incinerate garbage, initiate aggressive beautification programs by reserving spaces for public parks and recreational facilities throughout the county.

4. Rehabilitating existing roads and rail systems and building new light rail mass transit routes, a subway system and a public bus system in order to address the transportation gridlock in the county.

5. We will significantly lower the crime rate through aggressive community policing, intense intelligence gathering, and more focused and well-trained and professional County Security service; and by sharing intelligence with other law enforcement agencies and by creating safety through more employment opportunities and accelerated infrastructural development for the youth. We aim to reduce the rate of armed robberies by 70%, homicides by more than 80% and theft of public resources by 100%.

6. Eliminating the housing crisis in Nairobi by constructing modern and affordable housing through new technology, partnership with financial institutions and development partners and the introduction of a Nairobi-based mortgage scheme for people with modest means.

7. Nairobi suffers from an acute shortage of high quality public health facilities, which are adequately staffed and resourced. We intend to build enough modern health care facilities to mitigate this problem.

8. We will ensure that all Nairobi residents have access to high quality schools, colleges, institutes and universities, since we believe that education is the cornerstone for prosperity.

9. Throughout my life, I have fought against all forms of discrimination and injustice – discrimination based on race, colour, ethnicity, gender and religion. My administration will transform Nairobi into a fully tolerant, all-embracing and multicultural community where there is a thriving culture of democratic discourse; where all the rights and freedoms enshrined and entrenched in the Constitution are respected and upheld.

We will introduce a new leadership that doesn't tolerate tribalism, nepotism and sexism.

10. I have been part and parcel of the movement for progressive change in Kenya since my youth. I was part of the struggle for the reintroduction of multiparty democracy and the ratification of the new constitution. I am committed to its implementation.

This is our minimum 10-point program!

OUR MOTTO/SLOGAN:

TOMORROW IS TODAY!

Thank you.

Miguna Miguna
Dated this September 20, 2012
at Nairobi, Kenya

Huyu anaweza. Sio muoga na ametoa yale atakayoyafanya akichaguliwa. Naomba wajaluo wote Nairobi wampigie kura. (Kwa kuwa Kenya huruhusiwi kupigia mtu ambaye sio kabila lako kura - au inakubalika? sina uhakika kwa kuwa kusingekuwa vurugu kila wakati wa kura na viongozi wasingebidi kuungana ili kupata kura za kabila lingine. Poor Kenya, what a pity.

i don't support rao in any way but that miguna dude won't make it, coz he's a snitch... ka rao tu.

Safi Miguna, unahaki kama mkenya kutwaa uongozi wowote hata rais. Sauti ya vyura havitazuia Ngombe kunywa maji

Safi Miguna, unahaki kama mkenya kutwaa uongozi wowote hata rais. Sauti ya vyura havitazuia Ngombe kunywa maji

Wewe sasa unaleta hadithi za kina Abunwasi hapa.

This is the most arrogant self serving individual I have ever seen to say the least. I have known him and been
following his rants for some time and I don't think he makes a politician like he wants people to believe. His
abrasive nature has been his undoing. Even somebody who wants to listen to what he says gets turned off
when you meet him face to face and listen to him talk.

He might have brains but he sure doesn't know how to use them.

Huyu anaweza. Sio muoga na ametoa yale atakayoyafanya akichaguliwa. Naomba wajaluo wote Nairobi wampigie kura. (Kwa kuwa Kenya huruhusiwi kupigia mtu ambaye sio kabila lako kura - au inakubalika? sina uhakika kwa kuwa kusingekuwa vurugu kila wakati wa kura na viongozi wasingebidi kuungana ili kupata kura za kabila lingine. Poor Kenya, what a pity.

Mzee wa masifa huyu...anaandika kitabu kama yuko bar anapiga story. What a character!

He has written a book bwana,.What has Raila, Kalonzo and Uhuru wrtitten. He has also layed out his agenda of what he will do if elected. This is the right way forward. Miguna for Governor! those in favour say ayeeee!

Wewe sasa unaleta hadithi za kina Abunwasi hapa.

This is the most arrogant self serving individual I have ever seen to say the least. I have known him and been
following his rants for some time and I don't think he makes a politician like he wants people to believe. His
abrasive nature has been his undoing. Even somebody who wants to listen to what he says gets turned off
when you meet him face to face and listen to him talk.

He might have brains but he sure doesn't know how to use them.

It is funny people misunderstood miguna. That abrasive and arrogant nature is what he sees as individual confidence, which might just be the thing that gives him that extra push for governorship.

It is funny people misunderstood miguna. That abrasive and arrogant nature is what he sees as individual confidence, which might just be the thing that gives him that extra push for governorship.

I beg to differ..especially when the individual is a misogynist.

I believe you know the politics of Jiji and Miguna is a non-starter in that zone. He couldn't even get the
ODM nomination in his own backyard during the '07 elections...sasa atatoboa Jiji kweli?

His handlers and financiers are playing with his ego now that they know this is a man of sour grapes and
quick to release the trigger and they are using him as an attack dog to get Raila. That move flopped
badly after the lousy book he released which was full of gossip and hear say. Then he was also upset that
the world of the internet upstaged his book sales and the book was available world over for free! The windfall
he was expecting evaporated quick!

Huyu bwana na mwenzie Mudavadi nawaonea huruma kwa hatua walizochukua za kupambana na Agwambo, nani aliwaambia kuingia kwenye uongozi unaamua tu bila matayarisho na kujitathmini? Wanatumiwa wamelipwa shs ngapi mpaka wanashindwa kutumia akili zao?-nawaheshimu sana kwani "wana vichwa safi", lakini kwenye hii move nahisi wamekosea, anyway bado wana muda wa kujipanga mpaka march 2013!

I beg to differ..especially when the individual is a misogynist.

I believe you know the politics of Jiji and Miguna is a non-starter in that zone. He couldn't even get the
ODM nomination in his own backyard during the '07 elections...sasa atatoboa Jiji kweli?

His handlers and financiers are playing with his ego now that they know this is a man of sour grapes and
quick to release the trigger and they are using him as an attack dog to get Raila. That move flopped
badly after the lousy book he released which was full of gossip and hear say. Then he was also upset that
the world of the internet upstaged his book sales and the book was available world over for free! The windfall
he was expecting evaporated quick!

Yeah I agree that Miguna is trying to count his chickens before they have actually even hatched which gives anti-odinga forces a convenient and tangential weapon to strike back. Ok not forgetting it is the same odinga that helped him to the post of Chief personal advisor.....

Now the chickens have come home to roost for him...he has to run around and get paid by this anti-odinga forces. if you ask me not a smart move to take.

Back
Top Bottom