Man City's Emmanuel Adebayor to take time over return Striker Adebayor has scored six goals for Manchester City this season Manchester City's Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor is unsure of when he will return to England following the gun attack at the Africa Cup of Nations. The Togolese captain has been given indefinite compassionate leave by City after Friday's attack in Angola which left three members of the party dead. Several players were also injured and Togo withdrew from the tournament. He said: "I am sweating every day and I can't eat. I will take my time and come back on the pitch at the right time." The 25-year-old added: "My boss and my team understand that, that is the most important thing. They know I need time to recover from this. "It is difficult because my personal press officer died in my hands, that is the worst image I have had in my life. "He passed away in my hands. It is very difficult." City's boss Roberto Mancini said after Monday's 4-1 Premier League win over Blackburn: "We will speak to him when he returns. "Whenever he wants to play, whenever he feels ready, that is OK. "At the moment, we are just very sorry for him. The situation is incredible." Adebayor is currently in Lome, the capital of Togo, for three days of official mourning following last Friday's attack in Cabinda. But he has vowed to play on for his national team. "Emotionally it's very difficult to talk about," Adebayor told BBC Sport last week. "This was a bad moment in my life but I will fight through this, come back and play for those people who died for us." Togo's assistant coach, press officer and bus driver died in the attack by Front for the Liberation of the Enclave of Cabinda (Flec) rebels. The team considered playing on in the tournament but the Togo prime minister ordered them to return home because of ongoing fears about security. Adebayor has scored six goals in the Premier League this season but has yet to feature for City since Mancini took over as manager from Mark Hughes in mid-December.