Joe Cole and Michael Ballack to leave Chelsea

Shadow

JF-Expert Member
May 19, 2008
Joe Cole and Michael Ballack to leave Chelsea

_48029020_cole_282.jpg

Ballack and Cole will be high-profile departures from Stamford Bridge

Chelsea have confirmed that Joe Cole and Michael Ballack are to leave the club on free transfers this summer.
Cole, 28, will depart at the start of July after the Premier League champions reportedly said they would not offer the England midfielder a fresh deal.

He joined Chelsea from West Ham for £6.6m in 2003 and is in South Africa preparing for the World Cup.

Germany midfielder Ballack, 33, who has been with Chelsea since 2006, will also not have his deal renewed.

Ballack was set to captain Germany at the World Cup but was ruled out of the tournament with an ankle injury suffered in May's FA Cup final victory over Portsmouth.

His contract also expires at the end of June and in May he was confident a new deal with Chelsea could be struck, telling Germany's Bild newspaper: "Chelsea are absolutely my first option."

Ballack was signed by former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on a free transfer from Bayern Munich in 2006.

He made 167 appearances for the club, scoring 26 goals - which helped Chelsea clinch their first title since 2006 this year - while also winning three FA Cups.

o.gif

My future will sort itself out. It won't distract me. It has been going on for a while and it is a story to be told at another time

Joe Cole

Chelsea say that he will remain at their Cobham training base for treatment on the ankle until it is healed.

Ballack's agent Michael Becker said the player would have been willing to take a pay cut and would have accepted a one-year deal with an option for a second year, based on appearances.

Becker said Ballack, who is on holiday in Miami, was "completely surprised" by the news.

"He has not spoken to Chelsea for three months," Becker told German broadcaster RTL.

Cole's departure from Stamford Bridge will surprise many as he is expected to play an important role for England manager Fabio Capello in South Africa.

"We would like to thank him for his dedicated years of service and wish him well in his future career," read a Chelsea statement.

He failed to hold down a starting berth in the Chelsea team in the 2009/10 season after returning from a serious knee injury last September.

Cole made a total of 26 league appearances and scored two goals in the campaign - including a vital strike in the 2-1 victory over title rivals Manchester United in April.

Reports surfaced during the season that Cole's future was in doubt as contract negotiations over a new contract stalled, with suggestions that the player and his representatives angered Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich with their hard-line stance over wages.

o.gif
606: DEBATE

I can't help but feel disappointed that two world-class players are leaving on a free

District Line

Cole featured for England in the World Cup warm-up victory over Japan and scored in the 3-0 friendly victory over Platinum Stars on Monday.

He appeared in front of the media at an England press conference in South Africa on Wednesday and was reluctant to talk about the Chelsea situation.

"I am just focused on the World Cup," he said. "I'll leave that with my agent. I just want to get my head down and try and train and play well.

"My future will sort itself out. It won't distract me. It has been going on for a while and it is a story to be told at another time.

"I want to try and do my best for England over the next few weeks."

His availability will alert a number of Premier League clubs, with Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool and Manchester City all linked to the player.

Last week, Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp - who managed Cole at West Ham - told BBC Radio 5 live: "I've got a feeling he may have agreed a deal with somebody.

"I don't think it's going to be Tottenham that sign him but if he hasn't agreed a deal with somebody and he doesn't stay at Chelsea then we would be interested."

Cole played 282 times for Chelsea, scoring 39 goals, and won three Premier League titles and three FA Cups.

BBC Sport - Football - Joe Cole and Michael Ballack to leave Chelsea

Kuna beki mmoja naye ametangazwa kuwa anaondoka mwisho wa mwezi huu.

Kwanini Chelsea hawakuwauza hawa watu?; japo kwa hasara!

Sasa wanaondoka bure bwerere

Ballack alikuja bure, Cole amekuwa mgumu kunegotiate mkataba mpya anataka alipwe £ 120,000 kutoka kwenye £ 90,000 kwa week, ukizingatia ni injurie prone na kiwango hakipo juu wacha aende. Clearance inaendelea Chelsea Belleti naye ameonyeshwa Njia.....Arsenal wako wapi all these are free players

cole1_1060617a.jpg

OVER AT THE BRIDGE ... Joe Cole

Blues: Ballack 'n Joe will go

By ROB BEASLEY
Published: Today

JOE COLE and Michael Ballack have been released by Chelsea.

England World Cup star Cole turned down Blues' offer of £90,000 a week because he wanted parity with the club's top stars, who are paid up to £150,000 a week.

Negotiations collapsed and Chelsea have finally withdrawn their offer, so Cole, 28, can go on July 1.
A Blues statement said: "We would like to thank him for his dedicated years of service and wish him well in his future career."

German midfielder Ballack, 33, is also leaving the Double winners.

He had wanted a one-year extension to his existing deal but once again Chelsea refused to meet his demands as the club attempt to impose a strict new pay code.

The statement added: "All at the club would like to place on record our thanks for his service and wish him luck for the future."

SunSport revealed Cole held a meeting with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger before flying to South Africa for the World Cup.

Tottenham chief Harry Redknapp - who gave Cole his big chance at West Ham - has also publicly stated his desire to sign the midfielder.

Chelsea have also confirmed right-back Juliano Belletti will also leave the club.

Read more: Chelsea axe Joe Cole and Michael Ballack | The Sun |Sport|Football

Carvalho, Deco, Ferreira na Hilario, hawa watafuata kwenye exit door...!

wewe ukome, Arsenal hatuhitaji tena wazee tena bure.

wewe ukome, Arsenal hatuhitaji tena wazee tena bure.

hao watoto waliokuwepo wamekusaidia nini? na unajua kwamba uingereza wake unasaidia nini kwenye sheria mpya? next time usitumie neno ukome kama unamaoni andika kwa heshima sio kwa vile hatujuani basi ndio tukoseane heshima.

Najua si wafaransa, Please Arsene Wanker go for Belletti and Ballack....

naah mkuu huyo Joe Cole ndio tunamtaka sema kwa vile hatuna English connection najua Spurs na Man United watatuzidi kete lol.

jamaa fighter sana Joe Cole nitafurahi sana akija pale kuongeza nguvu.

naah mkuu huyo Joe Cole ndio tunamtaka sema kwa vile hatuna English connection najua Spurs na Man United watatuzidi kete lol.

jamaa fighter sana Joe Cole nitafurahi sana akija pale kuongeza nguvu.

Mko tayari kumpa £ 120000 kwa week?

Mko tayari kumpa £ 120000 kwa week?

si inakuwa rahisi kwa vile tumempata bure ,tunachukulia hile hela tungewa nyinyi ndio inaenda kukava mshahara anao taka yeye lool.

anyway na kama vipi hapewi wala nini timu yenye uwezo wa kumpa hio hela man city tu na yeye anataka champions league lol.

si inakuwa rahisi kwa vile tumempata bure ,tunachukulia hile hela tungewa nyinyi ndio inaenda kukava mshahara anao taka yeye lool.

anyway na kama vipi hapewi wala nini timu yenye uwezo wa kumpa hio hela man city tu na yeye anataka champions league lol.

Joe Cole is a liability, anaumia sana ...muda mwingi yuko treatment room than on the pitch.....chukueni machine Belletti! mtupe Gael Clinchy teh teh teh