Je, Wajua Chanzo Cha kuitwa Selous Game Reserve?

MAKOLE

JF-Expert Member
Feb 5, 2012
[h=4]Chanzo cha hifadhii hii kupata jina hilo soma histotia hii ambayo waweza kuipata katika
Selous: Tanzania's Secret Eden | Africa Travel Newsletter | Go 2 Africa

Rumours of War[/h]The Selous Reserve is named after the legendary hunter and adventurer, Frederick Courteney Selous. Selous spent the last years of his life fighting the Germans during World War One in East Africa - much of this fighting took place in the area where the Selous now stands.
In fact, Selous was killed by a sniper's bullet and his body is buried at the spot where he died ... in what is today part of the reserve.
While visiting Selous, it was on the top of my 'to do' list to visit the grave of the man who gave the reserve its name. The grave lies in the Beho Beho region of the reserve, and while I was there, I felt comforted in the knowledge that the man, himself, would be content with how the region has been preserved.
I also discovered, to my great excitement, that Selous' grave and a collection of empty rifle cartridges could be viewed at the lodge where we were based. They are the only reminders that the area hasn't always been the unspoiled wilderness it is today.
Selous lived a life of adventure in southern Africa before returning to England. At the outbreak of World War One and at the age of 64, he joined the army and headed to East Africa to fight the Germans - the colonial masters of the region at time.
It was under the German occupation that the area was proclaimed a reserve - one of the first in Africa. It was renamed after Selous in the 1920s. Today, the Selous Game Reserve still pulses to his adventurous spirit and is one of the few parks left in Africa where one can still feel as if nobody else has been there before them.
[h=4]World Heritage Site[/h]Due to its natural diversity and untouched state, the Selous Game Reserve was proclaimed a World Heritage Site in 1988 and continues to live up to its esteemed status.
During the trip, a member of our travelling party commented that the bird and animal calls sounded louder and more pronounced in the Selous than in any other place in Africa - a fact that I can unquestionably attest to and which reinforced in my mind, what an amazing place the Selous is.
Despite the threat of mining endeavours, the future of the Selous Game Reserve is secure. Plans for additional safari lodges to be built at the reserve are currently underway, thereby ensuring the survival of this wondrous area for future generations to enjoy.

Sitashangaa kwa hilo la vitu vyetu tena vya utambulisho wa kitaifa kuitwa majina ya wageni, kule kwetu kuna machifu walifanya mambo makubwa lakini majina yao hata hayapo kwenye mitaa ya vijiji vyetu.So hata Mikumi ukifuatlia utagundua huenda lilikuwa jina la mtoto wa askari wa Kijerumani aliyepigana vita vya kwanza vya dunia.Kuna nchi iligundua kuwa haya majina yalikuwa hayasadifu utaifa wao wakayafutilia mbali, sasa sie kwa kuwa tunapenda vya kutoka nje ngoja tuendelee na Selous yetu

Sitashangaa kwa hilo la vitu vyetu tena vya utambulisho wa kitaifa kuitwa majina ya wageni, kule kwetu kuna machifu walifanya mambo makubwa lakini majina yao hata hayapo kwenye mitaa ya vijiji vyetu.So hata Mikumi ukifuatlia utagundua huenda lilikuwa jina la mtoto wa askari wa Kijerumani aliyepigana vita vya kwanza vya dunia.Kuna nchi iligundua kuwa haya majina yalikuwa hayasadifu utaifa wao wakayafutilia mbali, sasa sie kwa kuwa tunapenda vya kutoka nje ngoja tuendelee na Selous yetu

inakera sana, hivi hata huko ujerumani na ulaya nao wanaipa mitaa na sehemu zao maalumu majina ya kwetu? ni ushamba gani huu jamani. eti mfano ziwa victoria, lillikuwa na jina lake kabisa, likabadilishwa na kupewa jina la malkia wa uingereza. ni upumbavu gani huu, je siku huyo malkia akidai ziwa lake itakuwaje. ama akianza kuwatoza ushuru? sasa hapa ndipo utakaposhangaa, kuna wizara ya utamaduni na watendaji wa kutosha kuna ugumu gani kutoa tangazo rasmi magazetini ama redioni kwamba tunabadili majina ya sehemu kama hizo. watuambie kama wamewauzia tujue moja.

Back
Top Bottom