JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
Hatton hints at Mayweather rematch

'I've got lots of positives to take from the fight'

Tom Lutz and agencies
Friday December 14, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

hatton2.jpg

Hatton arrives back at Heathrow earlier this morning. Photograph: Peter Byrne/PA

Ricky Hatton today hinted he may seek another fight with Floyd Mayweather, the man who beat him in their WBC welterweight title fight last weekend.
Speaking on his return to Britain from Las Vegas, Hatton admitted: "A rematch could be in the offing, and there are fights at light-welterweight." Hatton also revealed he was happy with his approach to last Saturday's fight, which he ultimately lost when knocked out in the 10th round.

"My best attribute is I am fearless," he added. "I think it was working, up to the six-round stage there was not much in it then I lost my way a bit. I lost my rag and had a point taken off. But I've got lots of positives to take from the fight."

Both men were undefeated prior to last weekend, and Mayweather's victory added further credence to his claims to be the world's best pound-for-pound fighter.

LOL. What a PLONKER!! He just wants another pay day.
Its good he admits he lost it after 6 rounds. Cos I also felt that if he hadnt done anything in those 6 rounds, Mayweather was gonna win.
Mayweather aachane nae.