If the dead could rise...Nyerere, the true son of Tanzania

Albert Msando

JF-Expert Member
Nov 2, 2010
As am watching TBC (one of the rare moments that I do) am reflecting on Mwl. Julius Nyerere. With his failures as a human being he remains a true son of Tanzania. He is a hero in many aspects.

And, he admitted to have made some mistakes. Our leaders today will not admit that. The failed policies, the wrong decisions etc. No one will admit it.

I wish and pray if the dead could rise Tanzania would be a better place. If that doesnt happen then if we who are living could at least revisit what he tried to achieve then we could take his dream a bit further. We are not even close to accomplishing his dream. By the way, I doubt if we even know what his dream was!!

If some leader gives out a speech which they fear may cause a havoc at the end of a day you will hear them saying.."hiyo ni kauli yake binafsi, na tunaheshimu mawazo yake, na wala huo si msimamo wa serikali/chama"..ha ha haaa!

Actually, if we remain with this kind of leaders, Nyerere will stand to be the Monument of decent leadership in the country for time-immemorial!

Mafisadi hustuka ukitaja jina la Mwalimy Nyerere kati yao! Hakuna Hakuna na Hakuna kama mwalimu Nyerere!

I agree PJ, tuna viongozi ambao huwezi hata kujua msimamo wao ni nini. You cant tell what their vision is. They cant translate their thoughts (if at all they have them) into doable acts. Those who are being led do not know where they are being led to......at least Nyerere identified himself as one who can lead no matter how wrong the path is....

• Thanks
Reactions: Ame
As am watching TBC (one of the rare moments that I do) am reflecting on Mwl. Julius Nyerere. With his failures as a human being he remains a true son of Tanzania. He is a hero in many aspects.

And, he admitted to have made some mistakes. Our leaders today will not admit that. The failed policies, the wrong decisions etc. No one will admit it.

I wish and pray if the dead could rise Tanzania would be a better place. If that doesnt happen then if we who are living could at least revisit what he tried to achieve then we could take his dream a bit further. We are not even close to accomplishing his dream. By the way, I doubt if we even know what his dream was!!

Mwl was extra brilliant for our minds to read his dream about this country. Kwakua hatuwezi kumsoma tunabaki kumlaumu badala ya kujitahidi kuelewa alichokiasisi. Sikubahatika kumwona mwl katika uongozi wake nikiwa na akili zangu; lakini nimezisoma kazi zake na nimejiapiza lazima nitamwenzi by hooks and crooks.

I think we should let the dead remain where they are though keeping on honoring those whose deserve to be honored, e.g., Mwalimu JKN. The problems we are currently facing will be solved by none other than us, the .com generation. Unless all of us stand for a common goal, which is to repossess our country from these selfish-driven leaders of Chama cha Magambas, the minority will continue to enjoy the wealth on the expense of the majority.

Ame, I am humbled by the promise you have made. The dream you have to live Mwalimu's dream is a noble one and if all or some of us do that we will take this country a step forward. Spread the word and let the fire grow

Jana kwenye Mlimani Tv kulikuwa na kijana mmoja Mzanzibari alijaribu kumkejeli Mwalimu kuwa ni kwa nini yeye tu aitwe Baba wa Taifa hili, alianzisha vijiji vya ujamaa watu wakaliwa na simba, kwa nini kiwanja cha ndege cha Dar sasa kinaitwa JKNIA na kejeli nyingi tu. Chuki za Wazanzibar kwa Mwalimu zinatokana na nini? Sio Mwalimu aliolileta wazo la Muungano. Uwepo wa serikali ya Zanzibar aliutetea Mwalimu. Karume alitaka serikali moja.

Back
Top Bottom